Best Idea Ever! Let's Thank 343!!

Okay, so just hear me out while I dangle on this limb here…

What if, everyone…

just plays the game…

that the developer creates- without whining about what they think needs to be changed?!

In all seriousness, I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. Each and every game plays differently… of course it does. Isn’t it supposed to? Every time a new Halo game comes out, I eat it up and enjoy playing it because it is different. There is no way in heck I’d play the same game for 15 years. I like that the graphics change. I like that the colors change. I like that the hud, radar, weapons, weapon sounds, voice actors, maps, playlists change. I mean come on, I used to visit these forums but it’s gotten to the point I’m scared 343 is going to stop coming here altogether. There are plenty of other forums out there with even more people praising 343’s awesomeness and game design. Other forums are out there where people actually give good, constructive criticisms that can serve a purpose. For any of those here that aren’t lambasting, my apologies. I just counted 18 posts in a row that were negative… holee hell.

Reddit is my new favorite site for Halo news. Some of the new interations of the Halo games I find I’m GREAT at!!! Some games I’m womp-womp until plenty of practice, but I have awesome and fantastic memories with every single one. I’m positive that if 343 didn’t have to spend so much time trying to make 100% of us happy, updating, and buffing and nerfing and tweaking… we’d have so many more toys to play. I’m sure Forge would have come out by now as well.

Halo 5 is fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise should purchase Halo MCC and play the game that they love the best… especially if they like to play a game from 2001, 2004, 2007, 2009 etc.

343, Thank you. Thank you for creating this stellar game. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to year after year, day after day. I love you. I love your games. Please keep pumping out awesomeness for all of the thousands and thousands of people not visiting your forums and making a stink. Remember, it’s the VOCAL Minority that causes you to change an already awesome creation. Don’t ruin it for all of the people not posting their complaints because they’re out there enjoying your game.

Thank you for your time.

CUJO
Andy

Imagine the possibilities

Agreed! Excellent game! Thank you 343!!! Great job!

I agree, excellent job, excellent game!

When I point things out, it’s not in a way of saying “ZOMG!1!!one! You shipped a broken gaem! Nerf everything! Patch everything!”

No, it’s more of a “Game is awesome. Just letting you know, the mute all function stops working sometimes. You might have missed that small feature during your testing. Just put it on your list :)”

Agreed. I’m the customer. I’ll play the game they put out. If I don’t like it, I won’t play it.
Such an alien concept to so many people these days.

sounds like sheep
dumb idea

No game is perfect, but Halo 5 is great. Great addition to the Halo Legacy!

> 2533274804165211;3:
> I agree, excellent job, excellent game!
>
> When I point things out, it’s not in a way of saying “ZOMG!1!!one! You shipped a broken gaem! Nerf everything! Patch everything!”
>
> No, it’s more of a “Game is awesome. Just letting you know, the mute all function stops working sometimes. You might have missed that small feature during your testing. Just put it on your list :)”

Perfect idea. Constructive criticism… yessssss.

More halo is all i need. :slight_smile:

Sounds like a typical Fox news watcher. Believe whatever they tell you and accept anything that happens. I’m sure you would be the first in the FEMA camps to, if the government ever took over completely.

What was that movie that the government made everyone take pills daily to be emotionless…oh yea equilibrium.

> 2704840490500470;1:
> Okay, so just hear me out while I dangle on this limb here…
>
> What if, everyone…
>
> just plays the game…
>
> that the developer creates- without whining about what they think needs to be changed?!
>
> In all seriousness, I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. Each and every game plays differently… of course it does. Isn’t it supposed to? Every time a new Halo game comes out, I eat it up and enjoy playing it because it is different. There is no way in heck I’d play the same game for 15 years. I like that the graphics change. I like that the colors change. I like that the hud, radar, weapons, weapon sounds, voice actors, maps, playlists change. I mean come on, I used to visit these forums but it’s gotten to the point I’m scared 343 is going to stop coming here altogether. There are plenty of other forums out there with even more people praising 343’s awesomeness and game design. Other forums are out there where people actually give good, constructive criticisms that can serve a purpose. For any of those here that aren’t lambasting, my apologies. I just counted 18 posts in a row that were negative… holee hell.
>
> Reddit is my new favorite site for Halo news. Some of the new interations of the Halo games I find I’m GREAT at!!! Some games I’m womp-womp until plenty of practice, but I have awesome and fantastic memories with every single one. I’m positive that if 343 didn’t have to spend so much time trying to make 100% of us happy, updating, and buffing and nerfing and tweaking… we’d have so many more toys to play. I’m sure Forge would have come out by now as well.
>
> Halo 5 is fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise should purchase Halo MCC and play the game that they love the best… especially if they like to play a game from 2001, 2004, 2007, 2009 etc.
>
> 343, Thank you. Thank you for creating this stellar game. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to year after year, day after day. I love you. I love your games. Please keep pumping out awesomeness for all of the thousands and thousands of people not visiting your forums and making a stink. Remember, it’s the VOCAL Minority that causes you to change an already awesome creation. Don’t ruin it for all of the people not posting their complaints because they’re out there enjoying your game.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> CUJO
> Andy
>
> Imagine the possibilities

So basically you are saying:

Hey 343 the game is perfect and need no improvement whatsoever?

If that is the case then that’s sad, people that critique (Not whine, but critique) the game do so because they love the franchise and they can see the blatant issues the game has and are giving their feedback because that is what will push developers to create a superior product, if everyone just stays quiet and says the game is perfect then we wont get any improvements.

Agreed!! Thank you 343 for an amizing game.

It just needs some polishing, it’s not bad, but not so good. Things that were always there aren’t.
Everyone should enjoy the game, have fun, and go about playing their favorite modes/playlists.

We have two modes. Slayer, and war zone.

Great game but could be better…
More playlists, casual playlists, pve anything…

Also Op please please tell me you are not ignoring this:

Lack of content (At Release)
Few maps, very few gametypes
A terrible unlock system
No splitscreen

Just to name a few.

Agreed for the most part, Halo 5 is a masterpiece. Excellent campaign, superb combat and mechanics, and solid co-op.

That said, it IS important that all gaming communities make their voices heard. If there are glaring issues with a game (Destiny), you need to call out the developer and pressure them to make necessary changes. Gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry. I get sick of people just saying if you don’t like a game don’t play it. Nothing will ever get fixed with that mentality.

However, in this particular instance, I simply do not understand the negative responses. Obviously everyone has different opinions and I do of course respect that, but many of the complaints seem so trivial (like lack of split screen…seriously…who gives a bleep…it is 2015) Most of the complaints seem to come from people that just cannot let go of old Halo. I get it, we all enjoyed the original Halo games, but that time is over. They were fun and pushed many boundaries for their time, but Halo had to adapt and evolve and become a proper current gen game. 343 delivered on all accounts.

Let’s take a closer look…

Halo 5 is a beautiful game with dedicated servers. It runs at 60fps and rarely lags. It plays smooth as butter and match making is quick and rarely bugs out. The campaign was fantastic. I didn’t find any significant bugs and it was a wonderful gaming experience. The introduction of ADS was much needed and they did it in a very smart way. The new movement mechanics were also badly needed. The game plays faster now and gives you more options for engagement. The multiplayer is incredibly good. Warzone is one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever played. So much fun and so many different ways to achieve your objectives. Moreover, it plays perfectly smooth for such a large encounter.

So for $60, you got a full richly detailed campaign, numerous multiplayer modes on dedicated servers and flawless gameplay mechanics all running at 60fps with little to no lag or large bugs. All the DLC is FREE btw. No season pass, no paywalls, no cut content. Compare this to the vast majority of other triple AAA titles right now in terms of what you are actually getting for $60 bucks and then come back and talk to me.

You, my friend, just nailed it! Along with most of the people leaving comments on this topic. There’s nothing left for me to say other than LONG LIVE HALO!

> 2533274796869056;14:
> Also Op please please tell me you are not ignoring this:
>
> Lack of content (At Release)
> Few maps, very few gametypes
> A terrible unlock system
> No splitscreen
>
> Just to name a few.

Of course I haven’t overlooked this. We all know, especially if the last 15 years has taught us anything, that updates will come out. Especially since half of the things you just listed haven’t already been slated for a release within a month or 2. All of the blind threats people are making about quitting Halo 4 LIFE and stuff if updates aren’t out in like 2 days etc etc etc is really tiring on the reader. Imagine what this is like to 343.

I’m definitely not a sheep, but I also know that my full time job is to teach medical devices, which I get paid to do, and 343’s full time job is to make video games. I will defer to their judgement and blood and sweat and tears and not even pretend I know the perfect solution to a game is (there isn’t one). : )

> 2704840490500470;1:
> Okay, so just hear me out while I dangle on this limb here…
>
> What if, everyone…
>
> just plays the game…
>
> that the developer creates- without whining about what they think needs to be changed?!
>
> In all seriousness, I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. Each and every game plays differently… of course it does. Isn’t it supposed to? Every time a new Halo game comes out, I eat it up and enjoy playing it because it is different. There is no way in heck I’d play the same game for 15 years. I like that the graphics change. I like that the colors change. I like that the hud, radar, weapons, weapon sounds, voice actors, maps, playlists change. I mean come on, I used to visit these forums but it’s gotten to the point I’m scared 343 is going to stop coming here altogether. There are plenty of other forums out there with even more people praising 343’s awesomeness and game design. Other forums are out there where people actually give good, constructive criticisms that can serve a purpose. For any of those here that aren’t lambasting, my apologies. I just counted 18 posts in a row that were negative… holee hell.
>
> Reddit is my new favorite site for Halo news. Some of the new interations of the Halo games I find I’m GREAT at!!! Some games I’m womp-womp until plenty of practice, but I have awesome and fantastic memories with every single one. I’m positive that if 343 didn’t have to spend so much time trying to make 100% of us happy, updating, and buffing and nerfing and tweaking… we’d have so many more toys to play. I’m sure Forge would have come out by now as well.
>
> Halo 5 is fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise should purchase Halo MCC and play the game that they love the best… especially if they like to play a game from 2001, 2004, 2007, 2009 etc.
>
> 343, Thank you. Thank you for creating this stellar game. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to year after year, day after day. I love you. I love your games. Please keep pumping out awesomeness for all of the thousands and thousands of people not visiting your forums and making a stink. Remember, it’s the VOCAL Minority that causes you to change an already awesome creation. Don’t ruin it for all of the people not posting their complaints because they’re out there enjoying your game.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> CUJO
> Andy
>
> Imagine the possibilities

100% agree with you, the only people complaining are badkids.

Thank you! I completely agree with you. you said everything I could have. So i will just leave your post and comments as is.