Best Halo Trilogy Maps as a DLC

So I was thinking, why doesn’t 343i go through all the maps from halo 1,2, and 3 and release all the popular or most wanted maps on a disc. Or have them release every Halo map from 1,2 and 3 on disc(s) and we just use reach or another halo game like CEA or halo 4 etc. Pretty much some future Halo game to play it on lol.

I think these would be awesome DLC’s. If they don’t plan to make Halo 2 or 3, least they can do is give us some or all of the old maps :slight_smile:

I agree with you 100%. It would be easy enough to put ALL the maps in. But just have them vary a little bit. Have maybe a “Winter Storm” pack of a few maps. Or a “Dark of Night” pack. You know? Make them the same but use different lighting and weather effects.

All Halo 2 maps and some Halo 3 maps would be a great DLC but I would prefer if Halo 4 just packed these suckers in at launch.

> I agree with you 100%. It would be easy enough to put ALL the maps in. But just have them vary a little bit. Have maybe a “Winter Storm” pack of a few maps. Or a “Dark of Night” pack. You know? Make them the same but use different lighting and weather effects.

That sounds perfect! Spread word about this and lets try to get 343i to do this for us.

Which maps would you want to see if you could only choose a few?

Beaver Creek
The Pit
Construct
Rats Nest
Stand off

That is to just name a few :slight_smile:

Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.

This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.

Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.

They were amazing maps.

> Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.
>
> This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.
>
> Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.
>
> They were amazing maps.

When they take Halo 3 off the server then what? That’s what this is all about :slight_smile: Letting us still play those awesome maps from all 3 halo games without having to have Halo 1-3.

> > Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.
> >
> > This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.
> >
> > Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.
> >
> > They were amazing maps.
>
> When they take Halo 3 off the server then what? That’s what this is all about :slight_smile: Letting us still play those awesome maps from all 3 halo games without having to have Halo 1-3.

Halo 2, released in 2005, was still living strong in 2010 before Microsoft needed to shutdown the ORIGINAL XBOX SERVERS to allow further changes in the current Xbox System, Halo 2’s servers were never shutdown because they were forced, the whole original Xbox service was shut down.

Halo 3 still has a strong population and was made for the current gen Xbox, with the full support of Xbox 360’s features.

When it does shutdown, Halo 5 or possibly 6 will be out by then, maybe not even then, it will be a long time.

Your hinting at stuff that won’t ever happen for a LONG time, long being another 7-8 years.

> > > Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.
> > >
> > > This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.
> > >
> > > Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.
> > >
> > > They were amazing maps.
> >
> > When they take Halo 3 off the server then what? That’s what this is all about :slight_smile: Letting us still play those awesome maps from all 3 halo games without having to have Halo 1-3.
>
> Halo 2, released in 2005, was still living strong in 2010 before Microsoft needed to shutdown the ORIGINAL XBOX SERVERS to allow further changes in the current Xbox System, Halo 2’s servers were never shutdown because they were forced, the whole original Xbox service was shut down.
>
> Halo 3 still has a strong population and was made for the current gen Xbox, with the full support of Xbox 360’s features.
>
> When it does shutdown, Halo 5 or possibly 6 will be out by then, maybe not even then, it will be a long time.
>
> Your hinting at stuff that won’t ever happen for a LONG time, long being another 7-8 years.

I am giving ideas which would be good for people who either don’t have Halo 1-3; who don’t wanna play with all the hackers on Halo 3, and don’t wanna play locally or on remakes on reach. I see your point, and I am not hinting at anything lol just giving a creative idea for other Halo fans.

> > > > Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.
> > > >
> > > > This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.
> > > >
> > > > Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.
> > > >
> > > > They were amazing maps.
> > >
> > > When they take Halo 3 off the server then what? That’s what this is all about :slight_smile: Letting us still play those awesome maps from all 3 halo games without having to have Halo 1-3.
> >
> > Halo 2, released in 2005, was still living strong in 2010 before Microsoft needed to shutdown the ORIGINAL XBOX SERVERS to allow further changes in the current Xbox System, Halo 2’s servers were never shutdown because they were forced, the whole original Xbox service was shut down.
> >
> > Halo 3 still has a strong population and was made for the current gen Xbox, with the full support of Xbox 360’s features.
> >
> > When it does shutdown, Halo 5 or possibly 6 will be out by then, maybe not even then, it will be a long time.
> >
> > Your hinting at stuff that won’t ever happen for a LONG time, long being another 7-8 years.
>
> I am giving ideas which would be good for people who either don’t have Halo 1-3; who don’t wanna play with all the hackers on Halo 3, and don’t wanna play locally or on remakes on reach. I see your point, and I am not hinting at anything lol just giving a creative idea for other Halo fans.

Halo 3 Hackers? The only possible way to hack on Halo 3 on Xbox LIVE Multiplayer was patched, uhhhh, let me think, early 2011, late 2010?

It has been a LONG time since it was possible, this ‘hacking’ is pure lag.

> > > > > Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.
> > > > >
> > > > > This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.
> > > > >
> > > > > Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.
> > > > >
> > > > > They were amazing maps.
> > > >
> > > > When they take Halo 3 off the server then what? That’s what this is all about :slight_smile: Letting us still play those awesome maps from all 3 halo games without having to have Halo 1-3.
> > >
> > > Halo 2, released in 2005, was still living strong in 2010 before Microsoft needed to shutdown the ORIGINAL XBOX SERVERS to allow further changes in the current Xbox System, Halo 2’s servers were never shutdown because they were forced, the whole original Xbox service was shut down.
> > >
> > > Halo 3 still has a strong population and was made for the current gen Xbox, with the full support of Xbox 360’s features.
> > >
> > > When it does shutdown, Halo 5 or possibly 6 will be out by then, maybe not even then, it will be a long time.
> > >
> > > Your hinting at stuff that won’t ever happen for a LONG time, long being another 7-8 years.
> >
> > I am giving ideas which would be good for people who either don’t have Halo 1-3; who don’t wanna play with all the hackers on Halo 3, and don’t wanna play locally or on remakes on reach. I see your point, and I am not hinting at anything lol just giving a creative idea for other Halo fans.
>
> Halo 3 Hackers? The only possible way to hack on Halo 3 on Xbox LIVE Multiplayer was patched, uhhhh, let me think, early 2011, late 2010?
>
> It has been a LONG time since it was possible, this ‘hacking’ is pure lag.

Hacking, Lag, same thing. It causes issues when playing online. I heard nothing about a patch so if they did (thats cool) and if not (they need to). Basically to stop this small debate between us lol I will just say we have different views which is fine. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me; so its ok :slight_smile: Thank you for your input :slight_smile:

As long as they were cheap (or better yet free) I agree. I would just ask that the maps are not released all at once, but slowly implemented into MM weekly, like a map every week or two. It would definitely breath life unto the game for quite a time.

> > > > > > Don’t remake any Halo 3 maps 343i, please, Halo 3 is still online and will be for a long time, there is simply no need to remake maps from a game that still has online capabilities.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This is why no Halo 3 maps will be coming with Anniversary.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Although, if anything, I would love to see maps such as Damnation or Beachhead.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > They were amazing maps.
> > > > >
> > > > > When they take Halo 3 off the server then what? That’s what this is all about :slight_smile: Letting us still play those awesome maps from all 3 halo games without having to have Halo 1-3.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 2, released in 2005, was still living strong in 2010 before Microsoft needed to shutdown the ORIGINAL XBOX SERVERS to allow further changes in the current Xbox System, Halo 2’s servers were never shutdown because they were forced, the whole original Xbox service was shut down.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 3 still has a strong population and was made for the current gen Xbox, with the full support of Xbox 360’s features.
> > > >
> > > > When it does shutdown, Halo 5 or possibly 6 will be out by then, maybe not even then, it will be a long time.
> > > >
> > > > Your hinting at stuff that won’t ever happen for a LONG time, long being another 7-8 years.
> > >
> > > I am giving ideas which would be good for people who either don’t have Halo 1-3; who don’t wanna play with all the hackers on Halo 3, and don’t wanna play locally or on remakes on reach. I see your point, and I am not hinting at anything lol just giving a creative idea for other Halo fans.
> >
> > Halo 3 Hackers? The only possible way to hack on Halo 3 on Xbox LIVE Multiplayer was patched, uhhhh, let me think, early 2011, late 2010?
> >
> > It has been a LONG time since it was possible, this ‘hacking’ is pure lag.
>
> Hacking, Lag, same thing. It causes issues when playing online. I heard nothing about a patch so if they did (thats cool) and if not (they need to). Basically to stop this small debate between us lol I will just say we have different views which is fine. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me; so its ok :slight_smile: Thank you for your input :slight_smile:

I ended the debate on the DLC maps a few posts ago, the Halo 3 hackers your talking about can’t use their modified console any longer as of the Dashboard Update in either Fall 2010 or early 2011, it wasn’t a Halo 3 Patch that stopped it.

Just saying, I’m done.

NEVER compare Hacking to Lagging, completely different.

> As long as they were cheap (or better yet free) I agree. I would just ask that the maps are not released all at once, but slowly implemented into MM weekly, like a map every week or two. It would definitely breath life unto the game for quite a time.

Now that is a very good idea! I like that :slight_smile:

So… how many title updates do you expect them to do? I would think that the fact that they needed to take Halo CEA into consideration for their first Reach TU would give you some kind of hint as to how different each Halo plays from each other… as well as the fact that each map was made and tweaked specifically for each game. Ever wonder why they didn’t just port a map from Halo CE to Halo 2… instead they remade maps based on previous ones instead of just reskinning them.

> So… how many title updates do you expect them to do? I would think that the fact that they needed to take Halo CEA into consideration for their first Reach TU would give you some kind of hint as to how different each Halo plays from each other… as well as the fact that each map was made and tweaked specifically for each game. Ever wonder why they didn’t just port a map from Halo CE to Halo 2… instead they remade maps based on previous ones instead of just reskinning them.

its not a title update its dlc releases lol

I really hope this happens :slight_smile: It would be nice to play on those old maps again without having to have Halo 1-3