Best gaming headset?

My standard Xbox headset just crapped out on me and I’m looking to get a new one.
I would like to have Dolby surround sound but wireless would be nice also. Any suggestions? I’ve looked at turtle beach DXL1s but am wondering if there is anything else I should look into?

> My standard Xbox headset just crapped out on me and I’m looking to get a new one.
> I would like to have Dolby surround sound but wireless would be nice also. Any suggestions? I’ve looked at turtle beach DXL1s but am wondering if there is anything else I should look into?

Your choices between Dolby and DXL1’s aren’t bad :wink:

Astro A40s. I don’t personally have a pair since the price is a bit too much to swallow, but I have friends that absolutely swear by them.

I’ve had a pair of Tritton AX-720s for a couple of months now and I really like the sound… but I must admit the wire does irk me (especially since my set up means the wire runs across my body) so I’ll likely be going to a wireless headset soon myself.

Turtle Beach just feel, and even look, a little on the light and tacky side in my opinion - and feel/build quality a big thing for me really.

I’ve never owned a pair of Astros but yeah they have a fantastic rep, particularly with their association with MLG.

Tritton, based on my experience of the AX-720s, make very good headsets - solid build construction, excellent sound, superb sound cancelling, and you may wish to consider that they’ve got an exclusive deal with Microsoft to make headsets for the Xbox 360.

I’m personally planning on going totally wireless via the Tritton Warheads.