Best controller layout?

After watching a couple Halo 4 videos on Youtube over the months i’ve noticed quite a few players going with “Bumper Jumper”. The reason i ask this is because i’ve always been a default guy and i never ventured off into trying other controller setups

I don’t want to seem like a follower, but seeing this many players use it is very tempting.

Depends what you like. Bumper Jumper does have many benefits but I’ll probably be sticking with recon.

Used Green Thumb for 11 years and I see no reason to change now.

> After watching a couple Halo 4 videos on Youtube over the months i’ve noticed quite a few players going with “Bumper Jumper”. The reason i ask this is because i’ve always been a default guy and i never ventured off into trying other controller setups
>
> I don’t want to seem like a follower, but seeing this many players use it is very tempting.

Just know, if you do Bumper Jumper know it’s a pretty big adjustment and you will want to get used to it. However, the good thing about Bumper Jumper is it basically translates to all Halo games except Halo 2, Wars (obviously), and the classic CE. The biggest advantage is being able to look while jumping, but the only way to really aim while you’re jet-packing or something is if you claw.

If you like jetpacking, Recon.
If you don’t, Bumperjumper.

I’ve been using bumper jumper for awhile now. It makes jumping during combat much more viable since you don’t have to take your thumb off the aiming stick. The only downside is if you want to jetpack you wont really be able to aim in mid-flight.

Sadly this is going to be my second Halo game (Reach was my first). I just wanted to know the pros and cons about it because once i set it i won’t go back and fourth between layouts.

> I’ve been using bumper jumper for awhile now. It makes jumping during combat much more viable since you don’t have to take your thumb off the aiming stick. The only downside is if you want to jetpack you wont really be able to aim in mid-flight.

Yikes!

Default.

raises flame shield

In my opinion it really depends ;
Recon is the Button Layout if you are used to older Default Button Layout
Bumper Jumper is the super popular Button Layout that is very good , except for using the Jetpack since you have to claw
FishStick is great for those used to your typical FPS games
Default is … well default lol
And as for the others , I haven’t really tried them in the past games , but I’m sure they all have something that is cool.

My favorite and my best is Bumper Jumper by the way. :slight_smile:

anyone here use the razor onza controller + bumper jumper with any success in terms of jetpacking?

> anyone here use the razor onza controller + bumper jumper with any success in terms of jetpacking?

You know, I’m really interested to know about the Razer Onza with solving this problem as well. It seems like it’d be the perfect fix, but the reviews for it on Amazon are just horrible.

I’m an experienced Bumper Jumper but may switch to better utilize AA’s. Can someone tell me the differences between Boxer and Recon? I’m leaning towards Boxer but can be swayed.

> > anyone here use the razor onza controller + bumper jumper with any success in terms of jetpacking?
>
> You know, I’m really interested to know about the Razer Onza with solving this problem as well. It seems like it’d be the perfect fix, but the reviews for it on Amazon are just horrible.

Exactly why I haven’t bought it yet

> > anyone here use the razor onza controller + bumper jumper with any success in terms of jetpacking?
>
> You know, I’m really interested to know about the Razer Onza with solving this problem as well. It seems like it’d be the perfect fix, but the reviews for it on Amazon are just horrible.

You should check out scufgaming.com its expensive but your getting a quality controller. Im eventually going to get one I use bumper jumper so it would make AA’s a lot easier.

I’m going default. I’ve been practicing in reach to get used to bumper melee too. I used to use recon but i’m not a fan of where sprint is on the layout and i plan to use it a lot. Just need to ramp the sensitivity up to 6-7 and I’m good to go

I have liked the Recon layout for the last couple of titles. I prefer RB as reload, B as melee, etc.

I love and have used Bumper Jumper for far to long to quit using it.

My solution so I can still jetpack: Just ordered a SCUF controller with the A and X buttons mapped to the paddles

> If you like jetpacking, Recon.
> If you don’t, Bumperjumper.

I never use Jet-pack and I use Recon…

Recon for me always has been always will… unless they get rid of it.