Best Console Shooter Of All Time

Halo 5 is the best console shooter of all time.

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, it’s not.

I agree! I love halo 5!!! I bought an Xbox one after playing halo 5 at a friends house!! Always had been a playstation person but I just love this game so much. Best decision I have ever made. Game is so balanced & fun. It is fantastic!!!

> 2533274858329100;1:
> Halo 5 is the best console shooter of all time.

Said nobody ever,

> 2533274798121887;4:
> > 2533274858329100;1:
> > Halo 5 is the best console shooter of all time.
>
>
> Said nobody ever,

Well, that’s clearly untrue, given that you are quoting somebody who said it just now.

Seriously it has surpassed Halo 2 in my mind now. Halo 2 was the most balanced FPS on console and then 3 but Halo 5 blows them all away.

Sure the campaign sucked but campaign is for children. MP is all I play and this IS the best multiplayer in Halo history.

Seriously there just isn’t a 4 on 4 balanced FPS like this on any console anywhere.

Thank you 343 and Pro Team!!

It could be, if it had a supportive community instead of the split frankenstein-ian mess that is the Halo fanbase.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> It could be, if it had a supportive community instead of the split frankenstein-ian mess that is the Halo fanbase.

You can thank 343 for that. Instead of building off the original Halos, they’re trying to push for this new “modern” feel, splitting the community between new Halo and old Halo.

Halo 5 is great, but Shadowrun was the best.

I fell though that halo could be made so much better if they still had bungie working in unison with 343

Golden Eye is still the best.

> 2533274890584596;5:
> > 2533274798121887;4:
> > > 2533274858329100;1:
> > > Halo 5 is the best console shooter of all time.
> >
> >
> > Said nobody ever,
>
>
> Well, that’s clearly untrue, given that you are quoting somebody who said it just now.

That wasn’t a somebody.

That was a nobody.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> It could be, if it had a supportive community instead of the split frankenstein-ian mess that is the Halo fanbase.

It would be much easier to support this game if the developer didn’t make stupid decisions, like…
-Committing to 60fps which doomed the game to look like absolute hot garbage (see: texture pop in, muddy dynamic resolution and draw distance, no dynamic lighting, drawn in shadows (lol), flip book animation at distance, etc.)
-Injecting MOBA elements into halo. Warzone is the worst thing to happen to halo multiplayer.
-leaving big team battle out at launch is the second dumbest decision in halo multiplayer. I’ve already quit playing the game and don’t feel like going back to check out big team battle becaaaaause…
-the forge created maps look like absolute hot garbage
-leaving out one popular feature that would have EXTENDED THE LIFE OF THE GAME INDEFINATELY: FIREFIGHT
-using their ridiculous mode warzone to shoehorn microtransactions into halo, of which the revenue would then be used to…create maps in forge and then release them as “new free content”

the list goes on. Huge backstep for halo

Best console shooter of all time? No, I don’t think I would even put it in the top ten.

Look at the ratings, it’s not even the top rated console shooter on xbox one. GTA V, Destiny, Titanfall, Halo MCC, etc all have higher ratings. Halo 5 is so far down the list it doesn’t even make the top 100.

> 2533274858329100;6:
> Sure the campaign sucked but campaign is for children.

Oh dear.

I don’t think so. You must work for 343 or Microsoft.

the gameplay and balance are the best ever for Halo or any FPS on console. Period.

> 2535421619942348;17:
> > 2533274858329100;6:
> > Sure the campaign sucked but campaign is for children.
>
>
> Oh dear.

I literally just got back from putting popcorn in the microwave, then I read that.
That comment…I don’t even know what to say. Lot of…interesting…opinions around here I guess.

> the gameplay and balance are the best ever for Halo or any FPS on console. Period.

The game has less content than its predecessors and Warzone is plagued with an rng, microtransaction focused system. I can’t ignore those faults.