Best configuration for scuf gaming Controller

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So by now the majority of this hard-core gaming Halo community must have heard or played with these new modded controllers . For those not familiar with them I will explain, they are controllers that come with two extra buttons on the back of the controller which you can assign any button to. These paddles provide an advantage when it comes to the fact that you do not have to lift your right thumb off the right thumbstick to press buttons like A and B (jump and crouch) . The other added advantage is that you are able to adjust the left and right triggers with an Allen key in order to eliminate that little space of extra slack that they have and fire shots milliseconds faster.

Now my question is what are the best buttons to assign to the paddles ?

The way I have them setup is the A paddle which is the left one, is assigned to the scope which is the left thumb stick button (which gives it a similar feel to call of duty games)

My right paddle, I have assigned the run button to (or the right thumb stick button) because I want to have some tactile feedback when I start my run and right now the right thumb stick was not giving me that feedback that I needed in a proper way. Sometimes I would think I clicked it only to not see the run animation start , so I would mistakenly click it to run again, only to stop my delayed run that I had started. This doesn’t happen always but it does happen right in the heat of battle during a firefight and one cannot help himself but to be nervous.

What are your configurations or suggestions?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

I guess I was mistaken about this being a hardcore community.

Modified peripherals are against microsofts ToS

That’s irrelevant to the subject , as long as there isn’t any forum rules prohibiting a topic like this I don’t understand why you would feel the need to state that. Plus let’s be real, it’s a great idea of a controller that ms will probably rip off in the future and charge for it.

I am stating that as the reason why no one is replying… either that or no one knows what they are…

OT: i’ve never used one before, but i’d assume it would be smarter to put A & B on them in the default layout, or A and X for bumper jumper (unless you claw), that way you avoid having to take your thumbs off the sticks in most cases.

read the tos and eula.

Pffff atleast provide a link.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

Also this (since there are over zealous mods here blindly locking threads for no good reason)

The double standards of this forum - Halo 4 - Halo Waypoint - Forums

I just want to point out the double standards employed by the mods in this supposedly pro halo forum.

They locked my thread “cod vs halo4 , which is more newb friendly?”

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst176005p2_Cod-vs-halo4-which-is-more-newb-friendly.aspx

Yet they let other anti halo4 threads go on for pages without doing anything about them . It just baffles me . Almost as if secretly wishing negativity on this fabulous game to prevail.

Be my guest and check the thread yourselves , No profanity was used in my thread , there was no intention of inciting a flame war nor was there one taking place. So why would they lock it? Are there some pro-cod “in the closet” moderators on here? Sad if that’s the case.

Even sadder , when I go into a thread where people ignorantly spread false propaganda , like the “cod invented these things and did them first in an fps , halo copied” crowd. I don’t have the interest or energy to start a counter thread debating how wrong they are and how halo actually implemented things that cod would go on to copy like automatic shield/health regeneration , kill streaks , among others etc. The truth is there , history doesn’t lie.

Why do you allow false propaganda yet lock an informative thread where I state facts on why halo4 is less newb friendly than cod. Webmaster please keep your mods on a tighter leash, they are ruining a true halo fans’ experience here. I want to support and interact more here but you need to have more competent mods. I volunteer (I was a mod on bungie.net and have a track record (online career stats ) since halo2 . Or at the very least from here on out please choose your mods better. Background checks and biased newb tests would suffice.

Thank you for your time in reading this. Here’s hoping for change.

they lock every thread that compares cod and halo 4. deal with it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

No they don’t.

And I am dealing with it. By creating awareness that they’re doing it.

if all your threads end up like this, then I’m not surprised they get locked. You are now completely off topic, and breaking a couple of forum rules.

I use Bumper jumper, I have A(sprint) on left paddle and X(AA) on right paddle. Been using for 5 months now and it works pretty well.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

(ignoring mrRussel)

@P3koms

Interesting setup. Although I like my left bumper as my AA