Best buy burn!

Anyone else a little irritated that best buy has their own pre order skin yet not all stores are doing a midnight release. I find it a little bit ridiculous. The skin was the only reason I pre ordered there. If I knew they weren’t going to do a midnight release I would have went else where

theyve got to make money, if not enough people preordered it its not worth it to them to stay open. its just business.

I called mine. They said they were going to have a midnight release.

Mine is having one. I would go but they said they won’t sell me a computer while I’m waiting. So I said -Yoink- it, I’ll catch some sleep tonight instead

My best buy is not having a midnight release.

Dang, I thought you were gonna tell a nasty BB joke. O well.

But yes, my BB is doing a midnight. Bummer on your end.

They have a drop down menu on their halo page that shows all the best buyswho are doing midnight releases in your area, if you didn’t check that, then it’s yor own fault. I’m getting a $20 certificate and $20 gift card for my halo console so I’m a happy camper :slight_smile:

I’m not going to a midnight release, and I don’t think I ever will. No matter how good a game is, I think I’ll just pick it up once the sun rises.

The only reason I preordered at best buy was because I had a $5 gift certificate. I’m only paying $59.80, tax included(the game by itself without tax would have been $59.99.) Lucky for me, both of the best buys in my location are doing a midnight release.

It was never guaranteed that any location would do it. You need the employees who are willing to stay open to do it, as well as the money to pay them. You also need to sell a certain amount of preorders to ensure that staying open will be worth it.

I live in NJ and thanks to hurricane Sandy my Best Buy isn’t even getting any copies of the game in stock to sell!!!
I called them and they said they were still doing the midnight release and then three hours later they contact me by e-mail to tell me they didn’t get the shipment in.

I’m just saying it kinda sucks. I’m not putting down best buy. Ill still go there to buy electronics. I just feel like if your store has a direct impact on something in the game you should go through with it 100%. Just anxious now that everyone is playing. Had to say something

Mine is.

> I live in NJ and thanks to hurricane Sandy my Best Buy isn’t even getting any copies of the game in stock to sell!!!
> I called them and they said they were still doing the midnight release and then three hours later they contact me by e-mail to tell me they didn’t get the shipment in.

I know the storm was terrible and all, but I can in no way pity those effected by it. I’ve lived all my life in hurricanes. I even stayed in Baton Rouge for Katrina. And I just chuckle a bit when thinking a category 1 hurricane did that much damage(I’m not trying to be a -Yoink- or anything, I’m just used to a category 1 being something along the lines of “ooh look, a storm. Better grab my boat” kindof situation).

But yeah, it sucks you can’t get a shipment in. God knows when you will be able to get one in. You might be better off going a few stated over to get one at this point in time :confused:

> > I live in NJ and thanks to hurricane Sandy my Best Buy isn’t even getting any copies of the game in stock to sell!!!
> > I called them and they said they were still doing the midnight release and then three hours later they contact me by e-mail to tell me they didn’t get the shipment in.
>
> I know the storm was terrible and all, but I can in no way pity those effected by it. I’ve lived all my life in hurricanes. I even stayed in Baton Rouge for Katrina. And I just chuckle a bit when thinking a category 1 hurricane did that much damage(I’m not trying to be a -Yoink!- or anything, I’m just used to a category 1 being something along the lines of “ooh look, a storm. Better grab my boat” kindof situation).
>
> But yeah, it sucks you can’t get a shipment in. God knows when you will be able to get one in. You might be better off going a few stated over to get one at this point in time :confused:

That area isnt built to take storms like that, it was pushed into a corner where 3 bodies of water met and the land is sea level with nothing to block the water.

> > I live in NJ and thanks to hurricane Sandy my Best Buy isn’t even getting any copies of the game in stock to sell!!!
> > I called them and they said they were still doing the midnight release and then three hours later they contact me by e-mail to tell me they didn’t get the shipment in.
>
> I know the storm was terrible and all, but I can in no way pity those effected by it. I’ve lived all my life in hurricanes. I even stayed in Baton Rouge for Katrina. And I just chuckle a bit when thinking a category 1 hurricane did that much damage(I’m not trying to be a -Yoink!- or anything, I’m just used to a category 1 being something along the lines of “ooh look, a storm. Better grab my boat” kindof situation).
>
> But yeah, it sucks you can’t get a shipment in. God knows when you will be able to get one in. You might be better off going a few stated over to get one at this point in time :confused:

Even if it was just a category 1 hurricàne, over 100 ppl died. You have no soul, you would think someone who is used to hurricanes would understad what it can be like when people die and homes and cities just ripped to pieces smdh

>
>

Thats a pretty terrible thing to say. Regardless of the strength, the devastation, the things that the storm caused, people died, people are still out of power, Gas rationing is still in effect in some areas. There is no such thing as a minimum storm strength to justify pity, or sympathy. People were effected by this natural disaster. I’m glad you lived through Katrina and stayed for the worst, but the tri-state area does not get these storms too often, nor are they prepared for it. So to say, “Oh whats that? A category 1? Pft, I feel no pity for you” is incredibly rude to those who have been suffering this past week because of Sandy.

To the OP, I live in NJ and the local gamestop was open and with power, but their pre-order allocations were destroyed by the hurricane and they were only able to get 40 copies in. They cancelled the midnight release due to other local gamestops still being out of power and to make matters worse, only 40 of those copies are standard editions. I pre-ordered limited, but went into gamestop, reserved also a standard edition, and got my ticket to be 1 of those 40 copies they hand out at 10 am tomorrow. I won’t be getting it at midnight, but i’ll be getting it tomorrow morning. Better than nothing i suppose

Just preordered my copy at Gamestop one hour ago awwwww yeah

My Best Buy isn’t having one either. Of course, it’s raining down here in FLorida so I guess its for the best. I catch some sleep, then I get the game and console tomorrow when ALOT more people are online. Win Win situation. Oh yeah, and I’ll get to vote.

Not that it matters to you since you’re getting it tomorrow but they do let you wait inside