Best Armor Mods and How to Use Them

What do you think are the best Armor Mods? Also, how do you use them - do you have a combo of Armor Mod + Weapon?

Also, is the Increased Strength Armor Mod + Weapon that’s Bayonetted > Energy Sword?

The Energy Bayonet is a level 8 REQ, and will always be an OHK, so the Strength Mod is mostly redundant. Not to mention the fact that the Energy Sword is a much lower level REQ, and it has a significantly greater Range.

But as for my favorite Armor Mods, I prefer Upgraded Thrusters, Advanced Sensors, and Reflex Booster. The Grenade Mods don’t take effect until you respawn, and even then you only spawn with one grenade instead of two Frag Grenades, which limits their usefulness.

I typically pop an upgraded shield mod and then hit speed boost and overshields then run into a base with my SMG and get a good 5 or so kills

For Warzone Assault I really like Advanced Sensors. Especially good when attacking the core.

For normal Warzone I use Upgraded Thrusters to keep moving from boss to boss and not have to worry about my shields not recharging.

Upgraded thruster. Running and charging shield at same time is great. Also I like being able to get where I’m going quicker with thrusting almost non stop

Suppressed weapons + Upgraded Sensors let you get deep into enemy territory without being noticed. Combine that with camo and you will be almost unseeable.

Upgraded thrusters + 4 speed boosts + tell a friend to drop you a weapon such as a prophet’s bane or vorpal talon=FULL OP Rampage MODE!

> 2533274921838152;3:
> I typically pop an upgraded shield mod and then hit speed boost and overshields then run into a base with my SMG and get a good 5 or so kills

The shield mod and upgraded shields stack?

I love to use advanced sensors. Moving quickly without being spotted on the radar is very powerful, epescially with surpressed weapons. Not only that but you get a much larger radar range and you can spot people that are standing still (unless they have sensors too.) Auto medic also had some use, personally I found it more useful than upgraded shields but mileage may vary.

I use the speed mod. Equip with sword and speed boost and you can practically fly, lol.

Depends on the situation. For Warzone Assault - defense, I like getting the extra frag grenade. For regular Warzone, or Assault - offense, I’ll go with speed boost or upgraded thrusters, depends on what I’m feeling (mostly speed boost).

> 2533274950478805;2:
> The Energy Bayonet is a level 8 REQ, and will always be an OHK, so the Strength Mod is mostly redundant. Not to mention the fact that the Energy Sword is a much lower level REQ, and it has a significantly greater Range.
>
> But as for my favorite Armor Mods, I prefer Upgraded Thrusters, Advanced Sensors, and Reflex Booster. The Grenade Mods don’t take effect until you respawn, and even then you only spawn with one grenade instead of two Frag Grenades, which limits their usefulness.

grenade mods do not spawn you with one frag grenade. splinter grenade and plasma grenade expert spawns you with 2 frags and 1 splinter/plasma. it also upgrades your maximum grenade count so you can pick up 3 splinter/plasma grenades. so if i run through a base recently taken i will most likely end up with 4 or 5 grenades under my belt. it does alot more than youre giving it credit for. so dont listen to this guy, grenade expert mods are really good actually.

for instance a splinter grenade expert gives you the abillity to stop any ground vehicle in its tracks easily, so you always spawn with at least one anti-vehicle weapon. big advantage for warzone given all the tanks and ghosts. i use grenade experts almost exclusively, they are really useful and i find things like upgraded thrusters limited. i can kill more people with my extra grenade capacity, thrusters wont often kill enemies for you. just my two cents

frag grenade expert isnt as good as splinter grenade expert in my opinion because frags arent as versatile. plasmas are great, but the splinter grenade really has huge advantages in warzone.

that being said the best strategy is to change your armor mods as your situations change. advanced sensors are great for sniping. upgraded thrusters can be great with a shotgun. it all depends on your playstyle and what youre trying to achieve at that moment. try all the armor mods and see which ones you find most useful. they really arent that big of a game changer. in fact i often forget about them completely through entire games and i still do well.

Fun thing to do is get one of the grenade mods before you spawn and then go tons req terminal and change it too a different one. Then you get the extra grenade and the armor mod. I like speed boat or upgraded thrusters

i just always use advanced sensors

> 2533274816794002;13:
> Fun thing to do is get one of the grenade mods before you spawn and then go tons req terminal and change it too a different one. Then you get the extra grenade and the armor mod. I like speed boat or upgraded thrusters

You sneaky guy!!! Gotta try that.

I feel naked in the wild without advanced sensors.

Advanced Sensors, makes it easier to sneak up on people and get them assassinations.
I also really like Enhanced Reflex’s, its just a nice QoL buff.

I haven’t been able to use armor mods correctly since this last update ;.; I’m hoping it gets patched soon.

I recently discovered the joy of Upgraded Sensors with silenced weapons. If you’re not sprinting, you’re not on sensors; if you’re shooting, you’re not on sensors. Your sensor range is 15 meters greater, plus you can see people crouching and standing. I’ve used this for killing spree after spree when attacking armories. No one sees you if you come in behind them, so you can clear out an armory before anyone knows you’re there. When one or two Spartans try to retake it, you get the drop on them because they don’t know where you are. It’s also great for sneaking up on tanks, ghosts, or snipers.

For assault, I’ll use splinter grenade on defense or reflex enhancer on offense. Haven’t unlocked increased strength or upgraded thrusters yet.

I like to use grenadier on the back of a Gungoose.