Best AA to use?

I get called a noob for using almost anything, so what is the least ‘nooby’?

They are all equally nooby to some one out there some where.

the less “nooby” would be ethier none, or autocentry… idfk i use Hologram the most, and TP
biggest Noob ones are Camo and PV

> the less “nooby” would be ethier none, or autocentry… idfk i use Hologram the most, and TP
> biggest Noob ones are Camo and PV

So you’re telling me to use the ones that basically do nothing.

Why is PV nooby?

I don’t really like to use armor abilities. so I just have thruster pack. I hardly use it and it isn’t much of an advantage.

Your selection should come down to your play style and the game type you enjoy playing most.

I mean, Thruster Packs for example are good for moving fast and attacking fast. I personally haven’t been able to dodge well with it, but I’ve seen others use it quite effectively. If you are a quick kill gamer, or maybe someone that loves to attack with the plasma sword, this is a good AA for you. If you are someone that attacks from range, this might not be as effective, unless you consider that it will allow you to get to your next firing nest faster.

And what if you were the type of gamer that doesn’t think in 2 dimensions (to steal a thought from Star Trek 2). Jet Packs certainly allow you to attack from height, which can mess with people used to lining up shots against opponents charging directly at them. You can use Jet Packs to move to higher ground on some maps. They also allow you to survive rediculous jumps and sometimes even help you to avoid bullets altogether (depending on who is shooting you of course).

But maybe you prefer to misdirect your opponent entirely instead. Then consider the Hologram. If you have two or three people using it at the same time, a single opponent may turn away, thinking that they’re potential outnumbered. It’s also a great way to draw out those snipers too. And I’ve used it on occasion to save me from some nasty vehicular Spartan-cides. Hehe.

Now what if you are more of a defensive type player though? Maybe you like to shoot from cover and move from one spot to another. Or maybe you like being the Spartan that provides the mobile shield for your teammates (like in Army of Two). They stay behind you and jump out to gun down the opponent. Well then a Hardlight Shield is a good AA for you.

But how about if you like to be totally sneaky, you might go with the tried and true Active Camouflage. For a while, this was a big favorite of some sniper players that I know. But personally, I like using Active Camouflage on objective games like Odd Ball or King of the Hill.

Maybe you like to survey the battlefield before attacking, or you prefer to selectively take out the opponent or their vehicles. Then Promethean Vision is a good AA option to take. This is also good if you are constantly being defeated by Camo’d opponents.

Let’s see…then there is also the Regeneration Field which might be considered noobish. But I think it’s nice to have in games like King of Hill. The little bit of regeneration placed outside the hill spawn can be surprisingly useful for you and your teammates. Which is another interesting point. Maybe you like being a support character. Then Regeneration Field is a great AA for you.

Finally, there is the Autosentry. Some people think its weak. But I think it provide a little distraction sometimes. You can use it in tunnels pretty effectively too. Personally, its real value is getting one or two extra shots on your opponent’s shield. Any little edge helps right?

Here’s the thing that I’ve found though. Some people will call you a noob for not using AA’s effectively. And the ones you picked may be ineffective on a few games. But sometimes, because of strange battlefield conditions, the same ability might actually work very surprisingly well.

Then you combo your AA with some other support upgrades and tactical packages, and that stupid AA ability suddenly becomes effective more often. So effective in fact that you are now being called a noob again. Not because you selected bad armor abilities, but because the ability worked so well that your opponent now thinks you have to rely on the edge that it provides rather than on skill. Hehe.

=d

None.

They’re all really weak compared to Reach, so whatever you like. Camo is powerful but it’s not my style. Jetpack is occasionally convenient for killing snipers and getting around. I use hologram to mess with people’s radars and force assassinations, hehe. Whatever floats your boat.

You can never go wrong with Hologram.

> They’re all really weak compared to Reach, so whatever you like. Camo is powerful but it’s not my style. Jetpack is occasionally convenient for killing snipers and getting around. I use hologram to mess with people’s radars and force assassinations, hehe. Whatever floats your boat.

Pshhh only water floats my boat, though sometimes a variety of edible body paints.

I use the Regeneration Field to stop grenade spammers killing me.

> I use the Regeneration Field to stop grenade spammers killing me.

As far as I’ve seen, the kill times in H4 are so fast that you die before being able to use that.
AND it doesn’t heal when you’re under fire.
AND it doesn’t reflect anything like the bubble or drop shields.
AND it blurs your vision, making it harder to see your enemy.

I feel that regeneration field is nearly useless. My friend and I, we walk in, kill the enemy, and use their shield to heal ourselves… That seems a bit counter-intuitive, hm?

Uh, so that means you’re a medic to all. Thank you, kind sir.

> > I use the Regeneration Field to stop grenade spammers killing me.
>
> As far as I’ve seen, the kill times in H4 are so fast that you die before being able to use that.
> AND it doesn’t heal when you’re under fire.
> AND it doesn’t reflect anything like the bubble or drop shields.
> AND it blurs your vision, making it harder to see your enemy.
>
> I feel that regeneration field is nearly useless. My friend and I, we walk in, kill the enemy, and use their shield to heal ourselves… That seems a bit counter-intuitive, hm?

It stops under fire but it gets rid of the players who relies on grenades for kills. Bombarding the area you’re in with grenades. Soon the damage stops your shield regenerates back up. The blur isn’t that bad of some sort. I can still challenge and beat players with BR/DMR.

Maybe I just have good eye sight? Anyways it’s so I can shoot the other players and prepared to challenge after getting bombarded. Majority of my games, people throw grenades for kills instead of doing a VS.

> > > I use the Regeneration Field to stop grenade spammers killing me.
> >
> > As far as I’ve seen, the kill times in H4 are so fast that you die before being able to use that.
> > AND it doesn’t heal when you’re under fire.
> > AND it doesn’t reflect anything like the bubble or drop shields.
> > AND it blurs your vision, making it harder to see your enemy.
> >
> > I feel that regeneration field is nearly useless. My friend and I, we walk in, kill the enemy, and use their shield to heal ourselves… That seems a bit counter-intuitive, hm?
>
> It stops under fire but it gets rid of the players who relies on grenades for kills. Bombarding the area you’re in with grenades. Soon the damage stops your shield regenerates back up. The blur isn’t that bad of some sort. I can still challenge and beat players with BR/DMR.
>
> Maybe I just have good eye sight? Anyways it’s so I can shoot the other players and prepared to challenge after getting bombarded. Majority of my games, people throw grenades for kills instead of doing a VS.
>
> Also if you walk out of the field. The Shield will regenerate to it’s normal pace from a recovery. Staying the field is a little slower regeneration.
>
> (Sorry for double post, had some errors)

> It stops under fire but it gets rid of the players who relies on grenades for kills. Bombarding the area you’re in with grenades. Soon the damage stops your shield regenerates back up. The blur isn’t that bad of some sort. I can still challenge and beat players with BR/DMR.
>
> Maybe I just have good eye sight? Anyways it’s so I can shoot the other players and prepared to challenge after getting bombarded. Majority of my games, people throw grenades for kills instead of doing a VS.
>
> Also if you walk out of the field. The Shield will regenerate to it’s normal pace from a recovery. Staying the field is a little slower regeneration.
>
> (Sorry for double post, had some errors)

There’s an edit button. Ah, well that’s not what happens to me. I mostly fight snipers and camo guys with BS… I HAVE been killed by grenades before… Hm, thanks for pointing that out, that would’ve saved me a few times. I guess I just prefer a more offensive AA. I hate the new thruster though, I miss evade… and elite slayer…

I believe there is a “none” option at the end of the list of AA’s.

Just don’t ever use an AA, works AMAZING for me

Everybody says that the Autosentry sucks and does no damage but whenever I use it, people yell at me over Xbox Live, “Stop using the freaking overpowered Autosentry you noob!”

I don’t understand, I guess I am using the Autosentry correctly then, if everybody says it sucks? I deploy the Autosentry because nobody in team-based playlists (which is the majority of them) wants to play as a team, trying to Yoink! each other and do whatever to get the highest amount of kills. The Autosentry is my friend.

Use whatever AA that you want, and those that love name-calling can eat a -Yoink-.

I wouldn’t put any of them in that category, simply because they’re not as game-altering as the AAs in Reach were.

Although, Promethean Vision is a pretty strong irritant. Really wrecks any game of cat and mouse and the element of surprise.