Benjamin Giraud in Halo 5?

Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?

It would be a good easter eggs, to save a civil who is named Benjamin Giraud

> 2533274903775436;1:
> Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?

Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.

> 2533274837998235;2:
> It would be a good easter eggs, to save a civil who is named Benjamin Giraud

Definitely. Just imagine how jaw-dropped he would be if he saw John in action first hand.

I think we might find him hanging somewhere by his entrails next to a message smeared in blood " Join me as I Hunt The Truth" I like Ben but I don’t think he’s going to make it.

> 2533274903775436;4:
> > 2533274837998235;2:
> > It would be a good easter eggs, to save a civil who is named Benjamin Giraud
>
>
> Definitely. Just imagine how jaw-dropped he would be if he saw John in action first hand.

He already has, in New Mombasa

> 2533274873310828;3:
> > 2533274903775436;1:
> > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
>
>
> Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.

Yeah, publishing information the ONI wants to keep hidden is never undangerous, but what if he could escape from a possible hitman and team up with John, or anyone else who isn’t the fond of ONI either… Also there are several episodes left, so who knows, he might find some very significant information that makes him more valuable.

> 2533274906745123;6:
> > 2533274903775436;4:
> > > 2533274837998235;2:
> > > It would be a good easter eggs, to save a civil who is named Benjamin Giraud
> >
> >
> > Definitely. Just imagine how jaw-dropped he would be if he saw John in action first hand.
>
>
> He already has, in New Mombasa

Oh, that’s true. He would still be astonished seeing him at least one more time I guess.

> 2533274903775436;7:
> > 2533274873310828;3:
> > > 2533274903775436;1:
> > > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
> >
> >
> > Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.
>
>
> Yeah, publishing information the ONI wants to keep hidden is never undangerous, but what if he could escape from a possible hitman and team up with John, or anyone else who isn’t the fond of ONI either… Also there are several episodes left, so who knows, he might find some very significant information that makes him more valuable.

ONI’s standards are probably too high to allow for that kind of screw-up without a deliberate spanner in the works from within, and even then, all of ONI’s division are always looking for opportunities to terminate each other if the situation requires it.

> 2533274873310828;3:
> > 2533274903775436;1:
> > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
>
>
> Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.

Oni is probably going to “reassign” him if you know what I mean.

it would not surprise me if Ben was already dead, all the info we are getting now might just be a data dump

I don’t think he will be in the game as a main character… He might be an easter egg or civilian .

ONI is probably going to off him.

> 2533274873310828;9:
> > 2533274903775436;7:
> > > 2533274873310828;3:
> > > > 2533274903775436;1:
> > > > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
> > >
> > >
> > > Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, publishing information the ONI wants to keep hidden is never undangerous, but what if he could escape from a possible hitman and team up with John, or anyone else who isn’t the fond of ONI either… Also there are several episodes left, so who knows, he might find some very significant information that makes him more valuable.
>
>
> ONI’s standards are probably too high to allow for that kind of screw-up without a deliberate spanner in the works from within, and even then, all of ONI’s division are always looking for opportunities to terminate each other if the situation requires it.

Didn’t sully book the flight that Ben went on? Sullivan had to have known walker would have been on that flight. Somethings up

I think you’ll see articles about his detective work posted up on walls around Earth cities and on telephone poles, etc. Don’t think we’ll get direct contact with him though

> 2533274807858554;15:
> I think you’ll see articles about his detective work posted up on walls around Earth cities and on telephone poles, etc. Don’t think we’ll get direct contact with him though

Maybe they will be audio logs sort of like they had in Dead Island. That would be interesting.

> 2533274882913802;16:
> > 2533274807858554;15:
> > I think you’ll see articles about his detective work posted up on walls around Earth cities and on telephone poles, etc. Don’t think we’ll get direct contact with him though
>
>
> Maybe they will be audio logs sort of like they had in Dead Island. That would be interesting.

Maybe even terminals found in the story missions could feature Benjamin talking, didn’t think about that

> 2533274882913802;14:
> > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > 2533274903775436;7:
> > > > 2533274873310828;3:
> > > > > 2533274903775436;1:
> > > > > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah, publishing information the ONI wants to keep hidden is never undangerous, but what if he could escape from a possible hitman and team up with John, or anyone else who isn’t the fond of ONI either… Also there are several episodes left, so who knows, he might find some very significant information that makes him more valuable.
> >
> >
> > ONI’s standards are probably too high to allow for that kind of screw-up without a deliberate spanner in the works from within, and even then, all of ONI’s division are always looking for opportunities to terminate each other if the situation requires it.
>
>
> Didn’t sully book the flight that Ben went on? Sullivan had to have known walker would have been on that flight. Somethings up
> .

Well if we’re talking about ONI, you can never know what things may be going in the background… Hopefully we’ll find out more in the next episode.

> 2533274903775436;18:
> > 2533274882913802;14:
> > > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > > 2533274903775436;7:
> > > > > 2533274873310828;3:
> > > > > > 2533274903775436;1:
> > > > > > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, publishing information the ONI wants to keep hidden is never undangerous, but what if he could escape from a possible hitman and team up with John, or anyone else who isn’t the fond of ONI either… Also there are several episodes left, so who knows, he might find some very significant information that makes him more valuable.
> > >
> > >
> > > ONI’s standards are probably too high to allow for that kind of screw-up without a deliberate spanner in the works from within, and even then, all of ONI’s division are always looking for opportunities to terminate each other if the situation requires it.
> >
> >
> > Didn’t sully book the flight that Ben went on? Sullivan had to have known walker would have been on that flight. Somethings up
> > .
>
>
> Well if we’re talking about ONI, you can never know what things may be going in the background… Hopefully we’ll find out more in the next episode.

True, but now I’m confused on Sullivan’s allegiance. Is he just another ONI sheep? Or is he against them since he did obtain footage of the SPARTAN project during forward unto dawn.

> 2533274882913802;19:
> > 2533274903775436;18:
> > > 2533274882913802;14:
> > > > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > > > 2533274903775436;7:
> > > > > > 2533274873310828;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274903775436;1:
> > > > > > > Benjamin Giraud is a journalist who is gathering information about the Master Chief in #HunttheTruth. Things are getting more and more interesting each episode, but what I’m curious about is whether we’ll see him in Halo 5 Guardians or not. What do you guys think? Was he only introduced to raise the hype with these lore elements he keeps telling, or is he maybe intended to become an actual character in the game? (At some point at least, cutscenes perhaps?) Could he become a relatively important character who might have some actual influence in the story?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Well, Ben is doing everything that is most likely going to get him killed, unsavvy as he is. On the other hand, ONI knows it is not in their best interests to kill him yet, lest a seemingly random death spark rumours.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah, publishing information the ONI wants to keep hidden is never undangerous, but what if he could escape from a possible hitman and team up with John, or anyone else who isn’t the fond of ONI either… Also there are several episodes left, so who knows, he might find some very significant information that makes him more valuable.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ONI’s standards are probably too high to allow for that kind of screw-up without a deliberate spanner in the works from within, and even then, all of ONI’s division are always looking for opportunities to terminate each other if the situation requires it.
> > >
> > >
> > > Didn’t sully book the flight that Ben went on? Sullivan had to have known walker would have been on that flight. Somethings up
> > > .
> >
> >
> > Well if we’re talking about ONI, you can never know what things may be going in the background… Hopefully we’ll find out more in the next episode.
>
>
> True, but now I’m confused on Sullivan’s allegiance. Is he just another ONI sheep? Or is he against them since he did obtain footage of the SPARTAN project during forward unto dawn.

Well quite some time has passed since the events of FuD and I think Sully was mostly led by his curiosity. The show didn’t suggest him having hatred against ONI. I don’t know. I really would be disappointed if he turned out to be a brainwashed ONI agent. For me his character was very likeable in FuD.