Being screwed over by the aim assist

I’m just curious if anyone else has had any experiences similar to mine. This is basically what happens:

>You’re shooting at opponent #1
>Opponent #2 runs horizontally across the screen
>The aim assist drags your aim off of opponent #1 and onto opponent #2
>Opponent #1 kills you

So many times I’ve lost a BR duel because an unsuspecting opponent drags my aim. I wish there were an option to disable aim assist. Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me?

EDIT:

Thank you all for the replies!

An idea that emerged during discussion was an option to change the intensity of the aim assist. As most of you have already pointed out, Halo relies heavily on aim assist so it would be highly impractical to completely disable it. I think this idea would be more appropriate (if feasible). If not, nothing we can do but hope that the aim assist isn’t as strong in Halo 6.

I’ve had this issue too. It’s really annoying, I don’t understand why the game has to aim for me. Sticky crosshair is okay, but when the game literally moves your screen that’s a problem. IDGAF if it has been around for a while it should be removed. Many other games DO NOT have this and the gun play is much better because of it.

It’s especially annoying in Firefight when you have like 10 enemies in a small area. Sometimes impossible to hit the little guys.

> 2805367267898298;2:
> I’ve had this issue too. It’s really annoying, I don’t understand why the game has to aim for me. Sticky crosshair is okay, but when the game literally moves your screen that’s a problem. IDGAF if it has been around for a while it should be removed. Many other games DO NOT have this and the gun play is much better because of it.
>
> It’s especially annoying in Firefight when you have like 10 enemies in a small area. Sometimes impossible to hit the little guys.

I got wrecked by marines once because they kept zigzagging. It was like they were using mind powers to mess with my aim.

Aim assist, other opponents dragging your targeting reticle away? I’m pretty sure the closest thing to that is ONI mantis where other opponents can drag the other missiles from the main target. You are always able to control where you aim, and your shots only go to where you aim.

yes and no.

yes when it screws me over getting a kill and then I get killed.

no when I get a double or triple kill without having to aim. LOL.

> 2533274967369999;4:
> Aim assist, other opponents dragging your targeting reticle away? I’m pretty sure the closest thing to that is ONI mantis where other opponents can drag the other missiles from the main target. You are always able to control where you aim, and your shots only go to where you aim.

That’s what I thought at first, but I went into custom games with a couple of friends to test it out. The game will actually move the entire screen in one direction, effectively throwing off user-input.

> 2533274913126156;5:
> yes and no.
>
> yes when it screws me over getting a kill and then I get killed.
>
> no when I get a double or triple kill without having to aim. LOL.

I wish I could be that lucky.

> 2533274855477511;7:
> > 2533274913126156;5:
> > yes and no.
> >
> > yes when it screws me over getting a kill and then I get killed.
> >
> > no when I get a double or triple kill without having to aim. LOL.
>
>
> I wish I could be that lucky.

I noticed at long distances, the aim assists screws me over using the BR.
But at mid range, you just need to hover your reticle over a choke point with a BR and let the multikills add up, same goes for the sniper at mid range.

Sometimes its really annoing, especially when you die cause of this. But to be honest, I wish this would be the only issue with H5

> 2533274855477511;1:
> I’m just curious if anyone else has had any experiences similar to mine. This is basically what happens:
>
> >You’re shooting at opponent #1
> >Opponent #2 runs horizontally across the screen
> >The aim assist drags your aim off of opponent #1 and onto opponent #2
> >Opponent #1 kills you
>
> So many times I’ve lost a BR duel because an unsuspecting opponent drags my aim. I wish there were an option to disable aim assist. Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me?

i thought i had cancer in my fingers cos it kept happening
wheeew

i want less magnetism in the game

made me sluggish

I never notice it but it might explain why my aim is off. I wish there’s a option to turn off aim assist because I rather have control when using the controller. Not the game doing the aiming. We’re there aim assist in the previous Halos?

> 2535409489305717;13:
> I never notice it but it might explain why my aim is off. I wish there’s a option to turn off aim assist because I rather have control when using the controller. Not the game doing the aiming. We’re there aim assist in the previous Halos?

There was, but it wasn’t as obnoxious as it is in Halo 5.

> 2533274855477511;14:
> > 2535409489305717;13:
> > I never notice it but it might explain why my aim is off. I wish there’s a option to turn off aim assist because I rather have control when using the controller. Not the game doing the aiming. We’re there aim assist in the previous Halos?
>
>
> There was, but it wasn’t as obnoxious as it is in Halo 5.

Then yeah that’s probably it. I was so good in Halo 4 MP then when I did Halo 5 my aim felt off.

> 2535409489305717;15:
> > 2533274855477511;14:
> > > 2535409489305717;13:
> > > I never notice it but it might explain why my aim is off. I wish there’s a option to turn off aim assist because I rather have control when using the controller. Not the game doing the aiming. We’re there aim assist in the previous Halos?
> >
> >
> > There was, but it wasn’t as obnoxious as it is in Halo 5.
>
>
> Then yeah that’s probably it. I was so good in Halo 4 MP then when I did Halo 5 my aim felt off.

The aiming in Halo 5 is bad overall. I don’t know the technical details, just that they did something unnecessary to mess it all up.

> 2533274855477511;16:
> > 2535409489305717;15:
> > > 2533274855477511;14:
> > > > 2535409489305717;13:
> > > > I never notice it but it might explain why my aim is off. I wish there’s a option to turn off aim assist because I rather have control when using the controller. Not the game doing the aiming. We’re there aim assist in the previous Halos?
> > >
> > >
> > > There was, but it wasn’t as obnoxious as it is in Halo 5.
> >
> >
> > Then yeah that’s probably it. I was so good in Halo 4 MP then when I did Halo 5 my aim felt off.
>
>
> The aiming in Halo 5 is bad overall. I don’t know the technical details, just that they did something unnecessary to mess it all up.

I might see if higher sensitivity will help but I doubt it.

Atleast it isn’t as bad as GTA V lol

Aim assist is one of those mechanics that you don’t notice the existence of—and therefore cannot appreciate—when it works as expected. You only notice it when it doesn’t work as you expected. The problem with this is that it gives you the impression that it’s only a nuisance, whereas in reality it’s an extremely important part in keeping Halo playable. While I can’t really have anything against an option to disable aim assist, I can say that if you’re asking for such an option, you don’t know what you’re asking for.

I didn’t mind it in the previous games since it was just really, really small adjustments that I would hardly notice unless it was at a pretty long range.

However, they really need to set up an option to disable it in Halo 5. It has gotten me killed more often than helped, especially in gametypes like Swat or any of the Warzone gametypes. I play at the highest sensitivity and the fact that I haven’t been able to counter-correct the aim assist in this game before is actually ridiculous and extremely annoying. That really isn’t a minor aim assist if it overpowers my own aiming.

EDIT: Well, and I was thinking, maybe not so much an option to disable it completely but perhaps put in a system like they have for everything else where you can adjust how much assisting it’ll actually do. Like the reaction speed of it. However, I’m not sure if something like this would be feasible.