Being killed by the aim assist

This is starting to become more and more of a problem for me. Pretty much what happens is I get
into a Br/Dmr duel with an enemy player and a second enemy player runs across the screen,
completely pushing my aim in that direction. I’m pretty sure most of you can relate.

I’ve been playing for an hour and this happened to me 4 times, each time resulting in my death. The aim assist really needs to be tweaked.

Yeah buddy iv had that happen and im sure its also saved me a few times

yeah its rather ridiculous but it won’t change so get used to it and next time you see your buddy getting shot, run past him lol

This is what happens when developers make idiotic decisions. Aim-assist should never drag your sights anywhere, anytime, ever. It should nudge you in the right direction if you are close to the targets hitbox, not completely negate any and all inputs from the player.

Ever tried to track a target while aim-assist kicks in? The cursor is permanently stuck behind them because aim-assist wont allow it to travel faster to overtake the runner. And as you noted it will change target and start moving on its own, ignoring the fact the player has not pushed for a direction change.

In short; Aim-assist is broken, because its not assisting, its over-riding my input.

Just like Battlefield 3 haha. I got killed by that so many times so I turned it off. It can’t be turned off his can it? :frowning:

> Just like Battlefield 3 haha. I got killed by that so many times so I turned it off. It can’t be turned off his can it? :frowning:

Nope. You can’t even edit the game’s audio. >.<

Thats awesome. Good thing a gun as overpowered as the DMR has a drawback to it.

> > Just like Battlefield 3 haha. I got killed by that so many times so I turned it off. It can’t be turned off his can it? :frowning:
>
> Nope. You can’t even edit the game’s audio. >.<

Problem with the game audio?

> > > Just like Battlefield 3 haha. I got killed by that so many times so I turned it off. It can’t be turned off his can it? :frowning:
> >
> > Nope. You can’t even edit the game’s audio. >.<
>
> Problem with the game audio?

Yes. The main menu’s music is too loud. It starts quiet then blasts me, just like it does in Halo 3 and Reach.

> > > > Just like Battlefield 3 haha. I got killed by that so many times so I turned it off. It can’t be turned off his can it? :frowning:
> > >
> > > Nope. You can’t even edit the game’s audio. >.<
> >
> > Problem with the game audio?
>
> Yes. The main menu’s music is too loud. It starts quiet then blasts me, just like it does in Halo 3 and Reach.

Oh ok. understanadable

I don’t get how anyone thinks they can be skilled at aiming in Halo 4 when they use the DMR 24/7. It’s the easiest gun to use because it has the best aim assist of ALL of the other weapons. They all go, “I beat you with my DMR, I RULEZ!” Well congratulations, you won with a gun the game is holding your hand with ALOT more than any of the other weapons.

You don’t even need to aim at the player’s head, even at max bloom, to hit him. All you even needed to do is aim in his general direction and an inch off target and you’ll all good, all of the time in maps like Haven and Complex.

If some of these people want to be skilled so bad, then why don’t they take the Light Rifle. Its aim assistance is horrible. You will find out the moment someone attempts to strafe dodge your single light bolts that it is much harder to hit someone with the LR because of it and also the fact you are missing the shots while you rely on the aim assist to hold your hand. It does not drag the hitscan mark off the reticule like it does with the DMR, and I’m pretty such it doesn’t do it as much as the Battle Rifle either.

Getting done in by my own rediculous aim assist is really irratating. It shouldn’t drag my screen 30-45 degrees just to follow the players running around like headless chickens while I am about to kill their buddy in the back. It was a huge problem in Halo 3 with the Battle Rifle. -__-