Being able to pick up a Jackal shield...?

I know what you might be thinking, but this idea could come in great handy.

Imagine being able to find a Jackal shield or pick one up from a dead jackal, and using it in gameplay to shield bullets away from you. Kinda like a riot shield. Maybe even be able to use a pistol with the other hand.

And what ideas do you have as gameplay ideas for Halo?

Any thoughts?

Well you can do it in canon. Though the biggest issue is how SMALL it is. It would only cover a Spartan’s torso if they used it on their wrist. Not a very good riot shield if it leaves your legs and head exposed.

could be useful

Never thought about this, but wow that’d actually be a pretty cool and new “defensive” type of item. What if you could turn one of the swords into a shield like a Jackal?

I think that’s a really cool idea.

Its a good idea but I think 343 would have to limit what weapons the player would be able to use as well, probably only small arms weapons for balance reasons.

Campaign, sure, multiplayer, no. They used the hard light shield in h4.

It would look amazing with an energy sword.

0.O

Hey op if you didn’t know this was actually a cut idea from halo 2. You would dual wield it with small the problem was that it was hard to see through, and it took up your whole screen.

We already had the light shield and it was a bust lol. Only benefit I’d see to it is if they made it like other games with shields where if you had it on your back it would give you protection from behind.

Screw that… I wanna pick up a Hunters fuel rod.

> Screw that… I wanna pick up a Hunters fuel rod.

^^That’s what she said!

no thanks. even in warzone all it would do is slow down gameplay

Remember how useless hardlight shield was?

> 2535432379856992;12:
> > Screw that… I wanna pick up a Hunters fuel rod.
>
>
> ^^That’s what she said!

Thats not what I meant…

You know you’re gettong old when you see ideas that have been around since the pre-H3 Bungie forums still making rounds.

Still opposed to the idea by the way. Sorry.

> 2535442377964386;13:
> no thanks. even in warzone all it would do is slow down gameplay

Well, slowing down gameplay might not be a bad thing either. This game has speed up the gameplay of this game compared to the previous games, like Halo 1-3, due to sprint and all that other mumbo-jumbo. But slowing it down a bit may also create a better and smoother, chiller experience for calmer gamers who don’t want to sweat while they play.