Beginning Halo Wars 2

A little background. I bought Halo Wars in 2015 and hated it. No one played online anymore and I was and still am stuck on the mission where you have to help the civilians escape. So, when Halo Wars 2 came out I bought it brand new and haven’t even opened the case yet. I’m afraid I’ll dislike it and the only reason I bought it was to keep my reputation of owning and playing every Halo game. Of course I haven’t played it yet and now I’m ready to get into it. Is there anything I need to know? Tips/tricks/help.

Go in feet first. You’re overthinking this amigo. You have to play the game before tips/tircks/helps are useful.

I personally found hw2 campaign a bit boring.
The game itself is ok, I mean, it could have been way better, but I played for several weeks and I had lot of fun in some matches. WHat I hate is the season pass system that adds tons of new character for online matches, but only paying, somethig I do not want to do with a similar game I don’t like at all.

A tip I give you about the campaign is to play it first at normal difficult, then, if you enjoyed it, you will do it again at legendary. I played it at first at legendary but I found it extremely annoying and I was this close to give it up.
Missions are quite easy, there is none like the first hw, such as Arcadia ( the one with the civilians you mentioned ) where it is really hard to make it.

My biggest complaint about HW2 is that i feel like the creators dont listen to us and do what they think is right. For example, i wouldve taken new maps and 2, or even 1, extra races over 10 leaders any day. Even a 4v4 option wouldve been cool which i thought the xbox one wouldve been able to support. These new leaders are the same thing just with their own slight twist which is still boring to me. I know its a PC game so its hard to compare but i found starcraft to be so much better simply because they had 3 races over 2. If they had added like say the prometheans and the flood on top of humans and covy (yea i know theyre “the banished” but its still the same thing), i wouldve been 1000% more content with this game and before you tear me a new one about the Flood not being able to be a race because they only take over units, they couldve made it work. This game isnt exactly logical. Pretty sure the spirit of fire lost at least half their army in the first HW but somehow they’re still fighting off the banished who are supposed to be tougher than the covy… They even hinted at possibly adding the flood at E3 or one of those big conventions when someone asked about it but just never followed through. Im someone who enjoys variety and diversity, but hey, thats just me. Granted, its still a fun game especially if you play with the right people. The campaign was decent and tbh i enjoyed the awakening the nightmare expansion way more than the actual campaign. It actually kind of pisses me off they left this game on a cliffhanger again because i know we’re not going to get a HW3

The mission where you help the civilians escape was so insanely hard. Do not feel bad for being stuck there.

I am going to look up a strategy to get a better medal on that mission.

> 2726956381514567;5:
> The mission where you help the civilians escape was so insanely hard. Do not feel bad for being stuck there.
>
> I am going to look up a strategy to get a better medal on that mission.

I managed to get it on legendary and to get the gold medal only years later.

Arcadia City was notoriously hard because you can only really protect ONE cargo transport. I think I rushed as many Hornets over to transport 2 (whichever one Red Team deems worthy of saving as they will rush to defend it after losing the triggered event one) and then trying to get as many tanks, hogs, and wolverines as I could over there. The Spartans will protect it pretty well for about 5 minutes, after that? Forget about it, they’ll either derp and do nothing or Jerome will keep chasing the Covenant all the way out into the street and go down.

It’s honestly one of the most fun RTS games I’ve ever played and I’ve played most of them. Don’t game on PC anymore and this game is great for Xbox one, not too complex but still enough going on that it’s not too basic. The game is beautiful, the graphics are top notch (explosions, scenery, etc). Makes Starcraft look dated now. The gameplay is fun, I don’t play online and for offline skirmishes it’s great. Another great thing about it is the voice acting and the sheer amount of dialogue which really immerses you in the game too. The campaign is rubbish though as with most RTS games it just gives you a feel for the basics before you enter Skirmish!

My criticisms of the game are that it is very low on maps. Only 10 and a lot of similar ones. Still waiting on snow maps/Ocean Maps/Space Maps etc. I mean they didn’t seem to use much imagination with the maps. Also they could have had more going on in each map like more things that you can garrison in or more things to capture that affect the game. Another issue is that there is only 2 factions. There are many leaders but a lot of them share the same units with only one or two differences which makes them way too similar. I would have preferred them to have added a third faction instead of so many similar leaders. For a triple A RTS game that came out in 2017 I would have expected 3 factions and more maps. Sadly it looks unlikely now that anymore will be added.

Overall though I have a blast with it, it’s my favourite game on my Xbox one and one that I will play for a long time.

I’m watching all the cutscenes now of Halo Wars 2. I REALLY like the story. The main antagonist seems like he came straight out of World of Warcraft. And that is a very good thing in my opinion. Who was in charge of this story? They’re telling it very skillfully.

HALOWARS 2 is my best HALO
Atriox is a warrior with pride just like WOW ORC,
I am glad that there are charming characters in this universe besides Spartan.

HW2 made a step back from new halo games: designs are more similar to
elder ones, and so the telling of the story.
Hope they continue this trend

> 2533275001522797;1:
> A little background. I bought Halo Wars in 2015 and hated it. No one played online anymore and I was and still am stuck on the mission where you have to help the civilians escape. So, when Halo Wars 2 came out I bought it brand new and haven’t even opened the case yet. I’m afraid I’ll dislike it and the only reason I bought it was to keep my reputation of owning and playing every Halo game. Of course I haven’t played it yet and now I’m ready to get into it. Is there anything I need to know? Tips/tricks/help.

My first play through the campaign was on normal. Not having any ideas of what to expect, I found things rather difficult and one I finished a single play through, I put the game down for quite awhile, until the achievement hunting bug kicked in.

It’s now one of my favorite Halo games from a storytelling perspective and having a better grasp on game mechanics etc, the game itself is less frustrating to play.

Don’t be afraid to view YouTube videos as an introduction to what to expect, that includes your stuck status in the original Halo Wars.

For me, the narrative of the Spirit of Fire rivals that of Master Chief. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Brad

The game is great (not perfect) the only issue is that they gave us the bare minimum. The new DLC was actually great and good content. I loved playing with new leaders. But again, they didn’t go far enough with creativity such as adding a new race and maps.

and for online I asked for 3v3 2v2 party only modes to create a real competitive gameplay.

And for multiplayer I wish they would let us pick the maps first and then choose our leaders(LoL style).

When I’m competing in rank I would like to see what’s their ranking who am i allied with and playing against( rank mode). There’s no bragging rights . Nobody knows your a champion or onyx or platinum player unless you go on here … so what’s the point of playing rank.

i recommend you start with 2v2s learn the basics of

Map control such as getting the nodes
learn the leaders abilities
learn the rushing techniques and strategies with Arbiter for example.
Learn when’s the time to expand and get a 2nd base.
being able to predict what will happen is always a good tool you gain from experience.
always have units on the map. Some players lose games simply because they have no units out and they are trying to Tier 2.
The first 3-5 mins usually depicts who will win the game (with the amount of units they have with counters, amount of nodes collected and harrassment/aggressiveness attacks, along with map control