Before you make a Boltshot/DMR thread

Before you make a thread screaming about how OP/balanced the Boltshot is, or how the all other guns make the DMR the only worthwhile weapon, please have a think.

Are you saying it only because you’re dying too much? Because of some ‘honor reason’? Or are you saying it simply because of - I hope I don’t offend anyone - the fact that you’re bad?

I use the Boltshot. And there’s only 1 time I use it. 1 time. EVER. And That is when I know there’s a guy charging at me, and that if I use the Boltshot, I will easily get a kill and fast, unlike using a BR where he may outgun me, although unlikely, but it would still take a second more than the Boltshot.

I use the DMR. But the BR is my main gun. And I can tell you, right now, that when I use the DMR, almost all the time I am in control of the engagement. I am the one sitting behind cover able to duck back down the moment I get hit, while you are the one already getting shot at, or shooting at a teammate, or running across the middle of the road.

So, think before you post. Are you saying it because you truly find something wrong with the guns? (I do. The Boltshot is utterly OP; Bad enough you’re given a mini mauler at spawn, it’s range can beat a shotgun? And the DMR. Why would 343 make a gun that has the better reload, zoom, hitscan ability, bullet magnetism, and barely different aim assist, and then put in 4 more other guns which are undoubtedly weaker in every aspect?) Do you have something knowledgable to input? Or is it just blind ‘I hate this gun cuz its cheap and i die a lot’?

Because, despite the OPness of the Boltshot and the DMR being statistically the best precision rifle out there, I’ve learned the adapt. Never once do I rush a camping noob, especially if they’re sitting behind a corner. I know they’re their, and I can expect them to have a boltshot. Somebody else is using a DMR? Like I said, I will control the engagement, not the other DMR user. My only problem is that using a BR in BTB maps is usually useless and I’m usually forced to use the DMR. Which sucks.

TL;DR - Are you complaining because you are less skilled than the other player or because you genuinely have a problem? It gets reflected in both your attitude and the attitude of the people who respond.

boltshot is op, needs to be dropped from the game

They are both definitely OP.
DMR>Light rifle>BR>Carbine.
Boltshot>Scattershot>shotgun.

(best to worst)

I hardly ever get killed by the Boltshot, but I myself have mastered the commendation for kills with that weapon. It’s overpowered. Not because I get killed by it, but because I find it so easy to get kills with.

Same with the DMR. Minus the commendation. When I do use it, it is far easier to use than the other precision weapons. I just don’t like using it, as I like burst fire weapons more. After using the BR, I see how easy it is to be out-shot by the DMR because of the superior rate of fire and accuracy/bullet magnetism.

When I talk about the DMR or Boltshot, yes, I’m speaking from a reasonable perspective.

Yes, I believe they need a nerf and yes, I justify why.

Question answered? :stuck_out_tongue:

If nobody complained about anything, the community wouldn’t have a voice about what was and wasn’t in need of fixing. You agree that the boltshot is OP, and then complain about people pointing that out in the hopes of having it fixed? I don’t see what you’re trying to get across with the topic, considering you admit there’s a problem and then question whether or not people who want the problem fixed have valid complaints.
Maybe you’re okay with just adapting to something that’s OP instead of having the problem fixed in an era where that can actually be done, but others aren’t, and it doesn’t seem like you have any kind of argument against them besides the airtight “you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you’re not just bad?”

If the majority of the community thinks something needs fixing in a day and age where that can be reasonably done, then they’re gonna do their best to ensure that happens.

Unusual Hiccup summed it up perfectly. There’s so many threads about them being overpowered is because they are. The point on having so many primary weapons in this game is to diversify the game, that isn’t achieved when 1 is far superior than all the others, and every decent player will be forced to use it or get stomped.

I don’t care if they keep or nerf both of them… but do we really have to keep making threads defending or telling people they are OP… man there are already dozens… So something new maybe?

Aren’t you making a thread about them?

> If nobody complained about anything, the community wouldn’t have a voice about what was and wasn’t in need of fixing. You agree that the boltshot is OP, and then complain about people pointing that out in the hopes of having it fixed? I don’t see what you’re trying to get across with the topic, considering you admit there’s a problem and then question whether or not people who want the problem fixed have valid complaints.
> Maybe you’re okay with just adapting to something that’s OP instead of having the problem fixed in an era where that can actually be done, but others aren’t, and it doesn’t seem like you have any kind of argument against them besides the airtight “you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you’re not just bad?”
>
> If the majority of the community thinks something needs fixing in a day and age where that can be reasonably done, then they’re gonna do their best to ensure that happens.

Exactly.

Catering to the minority is a bad thing to do from a business standpoint.

hey wanted feedback, and that is what they are getting. Feedback.

I dislike boltshot for one reason and one reason alone. I don’t get killed with it that often, but I resent the way I am forced to play because of its ubiquitous corner camping presence. Aggressive play styles are punished and corner camping noobness is rewarded. It forces boring stalemates where neither side is willing to rush the other for fear of being boltshotted.

Theres evidence to support that some weapons in the game are not balanced. DMR and Boltshot are obvious, Carbine needs a slight slight buff.

> They are both definitely OP.
> DMR>Light rifle>BR>Carbine.
> Boltshot>Scattershot>shotgun.

There is some misinformation here.
Technically, the Light Rifle has the fastest kill time. The BR and DMR have the same kill time. DMR is king at long range outside of something like a Sniper.

The second thing is the Boltshot in itself is not OP, it is the fact that you can spawn with one that is very close to the power of a shotgun or scattershot that makes it OP.

Regards,
Tripod

> > They are both definitely OP.
> > DMR>Light rifle>BR>Carbine.
> > Boltshot>Scattershot>shotgun.
>
> There is some misinformation here.
> Technically, the Light Rifle has the fastest kill time. The BR and DMR have the same kill time. DMR is king at long range outside of something like a Sniper.
>
> The second thing is the Boltshot in itself is not OP, it is the fact that you can spawn with one that is very close to the power of a shotgun or scattershot that makes it OP.
>
> Regards,
> Tripod

Incorrect.

The DMR has a 1.6s kill time, whilst the BR is 1.8s. Plus the fact that the range is almost equivalent to a Sniper and its efficiency in mid-close range combat makes the BR almost useless in comparison.

It’s easier to head shot with DMR, and BR seems to have horrible range at anything above mid-distance. Light rifle is total garbage because it’s cross hair is just ridiculous, the only time I really get killed by it is if I’m getting getting picked off out in the open.

Bolt shot is more powerful than both the scattershot and shotgun because it has a longer 1-hit-ko range. Any player who is skilled enough to time it properly will drop the scattershot, shotgun or sword. The fact that you can spawn with it makes it super overpowered.

Changed.

> There is some misinformation here.
> Technically, the Light Rifle has the fastest kill time. The BR and DMR have the same kill time. DMR is king at long range outside of something like a Sniper.
>
> The second thing is the Boltshot in itself is not OP, it is the fact that you can spawn with one that is very close to the power of a shotgun or scattershot that makes it OP.
>
> Regards,
> Tripod

If the DMR and BR had the same kill time you would be hearing a lot less complaints about the DMR.

They do, in fact the BR time used to be faster than the DMR.

It’s the fact that those kill times are hypothetical kill times aka “in a perfect scenario” which is harder to reproduce on a BR than a DMR. If you land every shot, the BR is the same if not better than the DMR at a close-mid range.

DMR is still OP and either it’s range, damage, fire rate, or bloom need to be changed to compensate.

Tripod

no because they are unbalanced and overpowered guns compared to others, thats just fact, this threads pointless