Before I fork over 70 bucks

I’m a huge Halo fan, and while at times, I love playing Reach, its also infuriating a lot of the time. While playing it over the last month or so I started to take note on exactly what it is about the game that bothers me enough to the point where if it isn’t corrected this time I around, Ive decided not to buy the game when it comes out. So here I am with my short list, and hopefully someone can give me the answer of whether or not to buy it with these issues as the deciding factor.

  1. Even playing field- I’ve been hearing that Halo 4 will have a system like Call of Duty where you level up your armor powers now and your weapons and stuff. This is the biggest reason I don’t play CoD. In what world does it make sense to take players with more skill and experience and give them better weapons and powers then newer people. Its completely assanine, and if I go into Halo 4 and find people running around twice as fast as me or having stronger bullets, not only am I gonna snap the game, I’m probably gonna show up at 343 and choke them all out. So if this is the case, let me know so I can save my money.

  2. The quit ban- Yo I paid 65 bucks to play this game, and therefore, I should be able to play how I want. When I’m put on a team of morons, and I determine that there is no chance to win, be it because someone doesn’t get their weapon of choice and starts team killing, lack of skill, or lack of organization because all of the mo-mo’s on Halo go into private chat now, and I cant order my minions around to try to pull the game back like I couldve in Halo 2 or 3, I shouldn’t have to wait 10 minutes to get into a better game. Should there be a penalty? Sure. But make it in terms of rank or exp or whatever. I’m 22 years old, I could give a -Yoink- about the little symbol next to my name, but apparently some of you do, so a penalty in that area is absolutely fine. Just don’t waste my time, I paid money, I should be able to do as I please.

  3. Armor Lock- People complain about armor powers in general, but honestly, I don’t find myself unable to cope and deal with any of them besides armor lock. Its completely unbalanced and out of place in the fast-paced Halo universe to be able to basically stop the game for a few seconds. Tack on all the other ridiculous powers that come with the ability like the shield drain and vehicle stopping/destroying power, it’s not fair, its annoying and newbish. It’s not gonna stop me from buying the game like my first 2 points are, but hopefully something is done, or remove it.

my advice: adapt and play better

The game is gold, so there will be no more changing.

Quit-ban is a good thing, so too bad it is staying.

The armor powers are balanced. You unlock them based on how you play/how you want to play.

Armor lock isn’t in halo 4.

Adapt, or go away.

> I’m a huge Halo fan, and while at times, I love playing Reach, its also infuriating a lot of the time. While playing it over the last month or so I started to take note on exactly what it is about the game that bothers me enough to the point where if it isn’t corrected this time I around, Ive decided not to buy the game when it comes out. So here I am with my short list, and hopefully someone can give me the answer of whether or not to buy it with these issues as the deciding factor.
>
> 1. Even playing field- I’ve been hearing that Halo 4 will have a system like Call of Duty where you level up your armor powers now and your weapons and stuff. This is the biggest reason I don’t play CoD. In what world does it make sense to take players with more skill and experience and give them better weapons and powers then newer people. Its completely assanine, and if I go into Halo 4 and find people running around twice as fast as me or having stronger bullets, not only am I gonna snap the game, I’m probably gonna show up at 343 and choke them all out. So if this is the case, let me know so I can save my money.
>
> 2. The quit ban- Yo I paid 65 bucks to play this game, and therefore, I should be able to play how I want. When I’m put on a team of morons, and I determine that there is no chance to win, be it because someone doesn’t get their weapon of choice and starts team killing, lack of skill, or lack of organization because all of the mo-mo’s on Halo go into private chat now, and I cant order my minions around to try to pull the game back like I couldve in Halo 2 or 3, I shouldn’t have to wait 10 minutes to get into a better game. Should there be a penalty? Sure. But make it in terms of rank or exp or whatever. I’m 22 years old, I could give a Yoink! about the little symbol next to my name, but apparently some of you do, so a penalty in that area is absolutely fine. Just don’t waste my time, I paid money, I should be able to do as I please.
>
> 3. Armor Lock- People complain about armor powers in general, but honestly, I don’t find myself unable to cope and deal with any of them besides armor lock. Its completely unbalanced and out of place in the fast-paced Halo universe to be able to basically stop the game for a few seconds. Tack on all the other ridiculous powers that come with the ability like the shield drain and vehicle stopping/destroying power, it’s not fair, its annoying and newbish. It’s not gonna stop me from buying the game like my first 2 points are, but hopefully something is done, or remove it.

  1. Level up your armor powers? What? No. You simply rank up with Spartan Points similar to Credits from Reach and use them to unlock weapons. You don’t get better weapons and “powers”. Infinity Slayer lets you use your custom loadout. Many other gametypes such as Slayer Pro forces all players to use the same loadouts.

  2. Yo you paid 65 bucks, but so did I. I don’t want people on my team just leaving the game, making the teams 3v4 because they thought the opponents were “too hard”. If someone honestly quits 2 games in a row, then they SHOULD be punished. It’s the same thing as saying “Hey, I should be able to betray my teammates all I want because I bought the game, how dare you put in a boot system?!?” It’s not just YOUR game. You’re affecting everyone else in the game. You’re exactly right about the punishment. No one cares about their XP or Rank being lowered. People DO care about being prevented from ruining another team’s game.

  3. Have you paid any attention at all to Halo 4? Like, even the slightest bit? All of your questions are pointing at no. Armor Lock is not in Halo 4. “Shield Drain” was an equipment in Halo 3… not in Reach or Halo 4. Are you talking about the EMP field from Armor Lock? If so, then don’t stand within 2 feet of someone using it. Also, since the Title Update for Reach, you can stick someone using Armor Lock and it will kill them. Also, shooting/throwing grenades at someone using AL shortens it’s duration. It’s pretty much useless now.

  1. There will be tons of map and gametype specific loadouts for people to use while they’re trying to unlock guns.

  2. You have to quit a bunch to get the temp ban, so quiting so much.

  3. There is no armor lock.

gold

Wat.

“I’m a huge Halo fan, but I know nothing about the new game that comes out in a little over two weeks.”

Didn’t know that you could run down someone’s armor lock now, so thanks for the tip.

And from what I get, you do unlock weapons and upgrade powers or whatever it is. Will there be playlists that force everyone to start on equal footing? This is my most important question, the answer determines if I buy the game or not.

And you can argue the quit ban all day, but I never quit because “The other team is too good”. Well that’s a lie actually, because if its a team of 8 nerds in a party that just spawn trap, well guess what your punishment is nerds…you ruin the game for me by being nerds, I ruin it for you by quitting and making the game drawn out for you and downright boring. But I don’t quit out of nearly even games when I know i’m gonna lose by like 10 points or whatever. I quit out when a crappy team who doesn’t want to listen and work together gets to a position where we’re down 25 to 60 and 12 of the kills are mine. I shouldn’t be forced to be stuck with idiots, and the game should do a better job of identifying the nerds and the newbs and pairing them together instead of against each other. I only quit when my team makes the game unenjoyable, I don’t care about winning or losing, I care about losing when I’m the game MVP though.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

And to all you nerds who are making snarky comments, I said I’m a fan because Ive been playing it for 11 years. I’m not a nerd who sits online everyday watching for every detail and announcement. To the loser who just wrote GOLd in big letters, I’m not trying to get the game changed -Yoink- I’m trying to decide whether or not it’s worth buying or if I’m going to be frustrated because 343 didn’t do it right.

> Wat.
>
> “I’m a huge Halo fan, but I know nothing about the new game that comes out in a little over two weeks.”

This.

Watch out guys, we got a cool dude over here. Not only can he read your mind, he knows all the intricate details of your life.

> Watch out guys, we got a cool dude over here. Not only can he read your mind, he knows all the intricate details of your life.

You’re taking all of my comments.

> I’m a huge Halo fan, and while at times, I love playing Reach, its also infuriating a lot of the time. While playing it over the last month or so I started to take note on exactly what it is about the game that bothers me enough to the point where if it isn’t corrected this time I around, Ive decided not to buy the game when it comes out. So here I am with my short list, and hopefully someone can give me the answer of whether or not to buy it with these issues as the deciding factor.
>
> 1. Even playing field- I’ve been hearing that Halo 4 will have a system like Call of Duty where you level up your armor powers now and your weapons and stuff. This is the biggest reason I don’t play CoD. In what world does it make sense to take players with more skill and experience and give them better weapons and powers then newer people. Its completely assanine, and if I go into Halo 4 and find people running around twice as fast as me or having stronger bullets, not only am I gonna snap the game, I’m probably gonna show up at 343 and choke them all out. So if this is the case, let me know so I can save my money.
>
> 2. The quit ban- Yo I paid 65 bucks to play this game, and therefore, I should be able to play how I want. When I’m put on a team of morons, and I determine that there is no chance to win, be it because someone doesn’t get their weapon of choice and starts team killing, lack of skill, or lack of organization because all of the mo-mo’s on Halo go into private chat now, and I cant order my minions around to try to pull the game back like I couldve in Halo 2 or 3, I shouldn’t have to wait 10 minutes to get into a better game. Should there be a penalty? Sure. But make it in terms of rank or exp or whatever. I’m 22 years old, I could give a Yoink! about the little symbol next to my name, but apparently some of you do, so a penalty in that area is absolutely fine. Just don’t waste my time, I paid money, I should be able to do as I please.
>
> 3. Armor Lock- People complain about armor powers in general, but honestly, I don’t find myself unable to cope and deal with any of them besides armor lock. Its completely unbalanced and out of place in the fast-paced Halo universe to be able to basically stop the game for a few seconds. Tack on all the other ridiculous powers that come with the ability like the shield drain and vehicle stopping/destroying power, it’s not fair, its annoying and newbish. It’s not gonna stop me from buying the game like my first 2 points are, but hopefully something is done, or remove it.

  1. I agree, luckily for us there is a classic playlist.
  2. Quitters ruin the game. Sure, jerks suck but they are everywhere we just have to deal with them. A lot of civilization is tolerating the uncivilized. And for the record, the way you come off in the OP makes me think I would probably go into private chat if I were teamed up with you. What’s a mo-mo?
  3. Now there is a hard light shield. It’s like the riot shield in C.O.D. but it can be destroyed after it takes enough hits.

Insulting people is usually the best way to get questions answered.

> > Wat.
> >
> > “I’m a huge Halo fan, but I know nothing about the new game that comes out in a little over two weeks.”
>
> This.

Yeah, you’re a moron. I’m a huge fan because I’ve been playing for 11 years. I’m not a huge “-Yoink-” because I don’t sit on forums all day and eagerly await the release of every new vid doc, news snippet, or announcement. I’m 22, have a full time job, college, girlfriend, a weekly podcast, and UFC to watch. Fan =/= Nerd.

> Insulting people is usually the best way to get questions answered.

I concur.

> > Wat.
> >
> > “I’m a huge Halo fan, but I know nothing about the new game that comes out in a little over two weeks.”
>
> This.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yeah, you’re a moron. I’m a huge fan because I’ve been playing for 11 years. I’m not a huge “-Yoink-” because I don’t sit on forums all day and eagerly await the release of every new vid doc, news snippet, or announcement. I’m 22, have a full time job, college, girlfriend, a weekly podcast, and UFC to watch. Fan =/= Nerd.

> > > Wat.
> > >
> > > “I’m a huge Halo fan, but I know nothing about the new game that comes out in a little over two weeks.”
> >
> > This.
>
> Yeah, you’re a moron. I’m a huge fan because I’ve been playing for 11 years. I’m not a huge “-Yoink!-” because I don’t sit on forums all day and eagerly await the release of every new vid doc, news snippet, or announcement. I’m 22, have a full time job, college, girlfriend, a weekly podcast, and UFC to watch. Fan =/= Nerd.

Taking a few minutes of my day to watch a trailer sure is nerdy. I have Halo liked on Facebook, that’s usually how I find out all my information.

You say you’re a “huge” fan, but you’re insulting a lot of other huge fans.

> > I’m a huge Halo fan, and while at times, I love playing Reach, its also infuriating a lot of the time. While playing it over the last month or so I started to take note on exactly what it is about the game that bothers me enough to the point where if it isn’t corrected this time I around, Ive decided not to buy the game when it comes out. So here I am with my short list, and hopefully someone can give me the answer of whether or not to buy it with these issues as the deciding factor.
> >
> > 1. Even playing field- I’ve been hearing that Halo 4 will have a system like Call of Duty where you level up your armor powers now and your weapons and stuff. This is the biggest reason I don’t play CoD. In what world does it make sense to take players with more skill and experience and give them better weapons and powers then newer people. Its completely assanine, and if I go into Halo 4 and find people running around twice as fast as me or having stronger bullets, not only am I gonna snap the game, I’m probably gonna show up at 343 and choke them all out. So if this is the case, let me know so I can save my money.
> >
> > 2. The quit ban- Yo I paid 65 bucks to play this game, and therefore, I should be able to play how I want. When I’m put on a team of morons, and I determine that there is no chance to win, be it because someone doesn’t get their weapon of choice and starts team killing, lack of skill, or lack of organization because all of the mo-mo’s on Halo go into private chat now, and I cant order my minions around to try to pull the game back like I couldve in Halo 2 or 3, I shouldn’t have to wait 10 minutes to get into a better game. Should there be a penalty? Sure. But make it in terms of rank or exp or whatever. I’m 22 years old, I could give a Yoink! about the little symbol next to my name, but apparently some of you do, so a penalty in that area is absolutely fine. Just don’t waste my time, I paid money, I should be able to do as I please.
> >
> > 3. Armor Lock- People complain about armor powers in general, but honestly, I don’t find myself unable to cope and deal with any of them besides armor lock. Its completely unbalanced and out of place in the fast-paced Halo universe to be able to basically stop the game for a few seconds. Tack on all the other ridiculous powers that come with the ability like the shield drain and vehicle stopping/destroying power, it’s not fair, its annoying and newbish. It’s not gonna stop me from buying the game like my first 2 points are, but hopefully something is done, or remove it.
>
> 1. I agree, luckily for us there is a classic playlist.
> 2. Quitters ruin the game. Sure, jerks suck but they are everywhere we just have to deal with them. A lot of civilization is tolerating the uncivilized. And for the record, the way you come off in the OP makes me think I would probably go into private chat if I were teamed up with you. What’s a mo-mo?
> 3. Now there is a hard light shield. It’s like the riot shield in C.O.D. but it can be destroyed after it takes enough hits.

  1. Good, thank you for being the one mature enough to actually answer me. Guess I’m buying the game afterall.
  2. Mo-Mo is Long Island for moron. And going into private chat because someone better then you is giving you advice on what to do to stop getting killed repeatedly and start getting some kills instead is a mo-mo move.
  3. I can live with that. But when using it, they’ll be limited to using a small weapon only right? Makes sense.

> > > I’m a huge Halo fan, and while at times, I love playing Reach, its also infuriating a lot of the time. While playing it over the last month or so I started to take note on exactly what it is about the game that bothers me enough to the point where if it isn’t corrected this time I around, Ive decided not to buy the game when it comes out. So here I am with my short list, and hopefully someone can give me the answer of whether or not to buy it with these issues as the deciding factor.
> > >
> > > 1. Even playing field- I’ve been hearing that Halo 4 will have a system like Call of Duty where you level up your armor powers now and your weapons and stuff. This is the biggest reason I don’t play CoD. In what world does it make sense to take players with more skill and experience and give them better weapons and powers then newer people. Its completely assanine, and if I go into Halo 4 and find people running around twice as fast as me or having stronger bullets, not only am I gonna snap the game, I’m probably gonna show up at 343 and choke them all out. So if this is the case, let me know so I can save my money.
> > >
> > > 2. The quit ban- Yo I paid 65 bucks to play this game, and therefore, I should be able to play how I want. When I’m put on a team of morons, and I determine that there is no chance to win, be it because someone doesn’t get their weapon of choice and starts team killing, lack of skill, or lack of organization because all of the mo-mo’s on Halo go into private chat now, and I cant order my minions around to try to pull the game back like I couldve in Halo 2 or 3, I shouldn’t have to wait 10 minutes to get into a better game. Should there be a penalty? Sure. But make it in terms of rank or exp or whatever. I’m 22 years old, I could give a Yoink! about the little symbol next to my name, but apparently some of you do, so a penalty in that area is absolutely fine. Just don’t waste my time, I paid money, I should be able to do as I please.
> > >
> > > 3. Armor Lock- People complain about armor powers in general, but honestly, I don’t find myself unable to cope and deal with any of them besides armor lock. Its completely unbalanced and out of place in the fast-paced Halo universe to be able to basically stop the game for a few seconds. Tack on all the other ridiculous powers that come with the ability like the shield drain and vehicle stopping/destroying power, it’s not fair, its annoying and newbish. It’s not gonna stop me from buying the game like my first 2 points are, but hopefully something is done, or remove it.
> >
> > 1. I agree, luckily for us there is a classic playlist.
> > 2. Quitters ruin the game. Sure, jerks suck but they are everywhere we just have to deal with them. A lot of civilization is tolerating the uncivilized. And for the record, the way you come off in the OP makes me think I would probably go into private chat if I were teamed up with you. What’s a mo-mo?
> > 3. Now there is a hard light shield. It’s like the riot shield in C.O.D. but it can be destroyed after it takes enough hits.
>
> 1. Good, thank you for being the one mature enough to actually answer me. Guess I’m buying the game afterall.
> 2. Mo-Mo is Long Island for moron.
> 3. I can live with that. But when using it, they’ll be limited to using a small weapon only right? Makes sense.

Your welcome. Also, I reported you for being so mean-spirited and rude.