Beaver Creek IS the Halo 2 map!

I was browsing through the forums and didn’t realize people still don’t understand that it’s Beaver Creek that is the Halo 2 remake.

Every official source (so far only IGN, Frankie, and the CEA image gallery on the XBOX Waypoint app.) calls the map Beaver Creek, not Battle Creek, so unless we get a forge variant of Hang 'em High to be more like Tombstone, Beaver Creek is the Halo 2 remake.

And before you tell me that Beaver Creek and Battle Creek are exactly the same except for graphics, let me say the two main differences.

-Battle Creek has ladders, Beaver Creek doesn’t.
-Different weapon layouts.

So yes, they are different. They aren’t worlds apart, but they are different.

Because Beaver Creek is the better name, and plays much better due to no ladders.
Listen to the Sparkcast. They clearly distinguish Beaver Creek as being seperate from the Halo 2 map.

I think the map is going to be Headlong.

> I was browsing through the forums and didn’t realize people still don’t understand that it’s Beaver Creek that is the Halo 2 remake.
>
> Every official source (so far only IGN, Frankie, and the CEA image gallery on the XBOX Waypoint app.) calls the map Beaver Creek, not Battle Creek, so unless we get a forge variant of Hang 'em High to be more like Tombstone, Beaver Creek is the Halo 2 remake.
>
> And before you tell me that Beaver Creek and Battle Creek are exactly the same except for graphics, let me say the two main differences.
>
> -Battle Creek has ladders, Beaver Creek doesn’t.
> -Different weapon layouts.
>
> So yes, they are different. They aren’t worlds apart, but they are different.

Halo: Reach doesn’t support Ladders.

technically, you can say that, but for 343 to put it in and call it the halo 2 map isn’t really a good idea. And you know it.

> > I was browsing through the forums and didn’t realize people still don’t understand that it’s Beaver Creek that is the Halo 2 remake.
> >
> > Every official source (so far only IGN, Frankie, and the CEA image gallery on the XBOX Waypoint app.) calls the map Beaver Creek, not Battle Creek, so unless we get a forge variant of Hang 'em High to be more like Tombstone, Beaver Creek is the Halo 2 remake.
> >
> > And before you tell me that Beaver Creek and Battle Creek are exactly the same except for graphics, let me say the two main differences.
> >
> > -Battle Creek has ladders, Beaver Creek doesn’t.
> > -Different weapon layouts.
> >
> > So yes, they are different. They aren’t worlds apart, but they are different.
>
> Halo: Reach doesn’t support Ladders

You can make you’re own ladders in Reach, duh. Of course they’re those damn auto-ladders, damn lazy people…
Is there really not a ladder in the campaign though? Halo3 and ODST definitely had campaign ones. I’m not sure about Reach and 2 though…

> technically, you can say that, but for 343 to put it in and call it the halo 2 map isn’t really a good idea. And you know it.

Really, what has gotten into everyone? I don’t work there, I never said it was a good or bad idea (I honestly wish that there were no Halo 2 remakes.), I’m not trolling.

I’m just stating facts, now people are completely ignoring the point of this thread to call me a “troll.”

Its a possibility but this “beaver creek” has an airlift and a tunnel, both new to the map. If anything this map can be considered the 3rd installment to Battle Creek…
However, based off most the articles written it would seem the Halo 2 remade map is not Beaver Creek. Mostly because Beaver Creek was basically the first confirmed map to be in CEA, and they still were referencing a “Halo 2 remake.”

I don’t think this counts as the H2 map. That would piss a lot of people off. It’s gonna be lockout or Midship.

> Its a possibility but this “beaver creek” has an airlift and a tunnel, both new to the map. If anything this map can be considered the 3rd installment to Battle Creek…
> However, based off most the articles written it would seem the Halo 2 remade map is not Beaver Creek. Mostly because Beaver Creek was basically the first confirmed map to be in CEA, and they still were referencing a “Halo 2 remake.”

I can’t really agree or disagree with the second part, as there are a lot of unknowns, but I can answer the first part.

Every map coming with CEA (except the FireFight map, for obvious reasons) come in two variants: one for default Reach and one for Classic. The Classic version is a direct remake, while the default Reach variant of each map will have major changes to make gameplay work better.

> I don’t think this counts as the H2 map. That would piss a lot of people off. It’s gonna be lockout or Midship.

Care to back up you facts like I did?

> > I was browsing through the forums and didn’t realize people still don’t understand that it’s Beaver Creek that is the Halo 2 remake.
> >
> > Every official source (so far only IGN, Frankie, and the CEA image gallery on the XBOX Waypoint app.) calls the map Beaver Creek, not Battle Creek, so unless we get a forge variant of Hang 'em High to be more like Tombstone, Beaver Creek is the Halo 2 remake.
> >
> > And before you tell me that Beaver Creek and Battle Creek are exactly the same except for graphics, let me say the two main differences.
> >
> > -Battle Creek has ladders, Beaver Creek doesn’t.
> > -Different weapon layouts.
> >
> > So yes, they are different. They aren’t worlds apart, but they are different.
>
> Halo: Reach doesn’t support Ladders.

Either you or a moderator edited your post (I hope that it was the first one). Either way, that still doesn’t exclude the fact that it’s a Halo 2 map, Damnation had gravity lifts to do the same function of ladders, but this map doesn’t replace the ladders with anything, making it Beaver Creek.

If that is the case then lol. it is not though.

No, they are counting Beaver creek as a CE map, they only picked it over Battle because of the ramps. In the Sparkast they explicitly said the Halo 2 map hasn’t been revealed yet, and in fact it didn’t have its lighting yet.

> > I don’t think this counts as the H2 map. That would piss a lot of people off. It’s gonna be lockout or Midship.
>
> Care to back up you facts like I did?

Troll

> > > I don’t think this counts as the H2 map. That would piss a lot of people off. It’s gonna be lockout or Midship.
> >
> > Care to back up you facts like I did?
>
> Troll

of topic were all off to a fresh start here on waypoint lets keep it clean unlike the immature bnet forums

Doesn’t matter if I’m playing Halo: CE or not, I’m calling it “Beaver Creek”.

It’s just like how Hemorrhage is really Blood Gulch, Asylum is really Sanctuary, and Reflection is really Ivory Tower (but Pinnacle is not Ascension, because Pinnacle sucks in Reach).

If I’m calling a map by a different name, that means I think one name is cooler.

In the new Beaver Creek’ the teleports have been replaced with man lifts with the teleports being moved inside caves further back from the base, I believe.

> man lifts

You have no idea how hilarious that sounds.

I don’t think it’s either. It has a few new… additions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8feyvEs1i8

I have to agree, it’s an odd way to put it but I can’t take the credit.

beaver creeekkkkkkk
http://www.oxm.co.uk/32479/news/halo-anniversary-takes-a-trip-to-beaver-creek-gameplay-video/