beast mode challenge not working

Beast mode is the challenge where you get 117 kills/driver assists in a warthog (machine gun, gauss, rocket or driver) in reach, ce, 2c, 3, or 4 in matchmaking. But it doesn’t seem to be incrementing at all when I drive in halo 3 machine gun warthogs. Is this challenge glitched?

That challenge definitely is bugged. I had 6 kills with the CE rocket hog, but my count wasn’t increased at all…
And my friend had the same thing.

I’ve also noticed some counting errors in 3 and Reach. Halo 4 works perfectly so far.

Edit: Nope. -Yoinking!- broken (read inconsistent) in Halo 4 too. Good job again 343…

Is it counting some kills or none? Or does it depend on the game?

Any difference in driving versus shooting? I thought any hog in any game mode would count.

Happens to me frequently. I like to drive but have also been gunner. Only 3 kills have registered so far for the challenge.

I’ve not had a single issue with this challenge. Managed to finish it up yesterday. If your progress isn’t counting try restarting your game.

Played Halo 3 BTB with the normal warthog for a few hours with a buddy, got about 12-20 kills a game. Easy as that.
Also, this challenge does not count driver assists. If you’re a driver you have to get splatters for progress.

Was working for me in H4. You also don’t need a driver so you can get them by yourself as well which are easier than splatters.

You have to get the kill yourself, whether you’re driving or shooting. Assists/wheelman medals do not count. You have to be credited the kill.

It is the chain-gun warthog for kills and splatters as the driver, besides that it doesnt work.

> 2533274811822188;1:
> Beast mode is the challenge where you get 117 kills/driver assists in a warthog (machine gun, gauss, rocket or driver) in reach, ce, 2c, 3, or 4 in matchmaking. But it doesn’t seem to be incrementing at all when I drive in halo 3 machine gun warthogs. Is this challenge glitched?

I’ve just been grinding Halo 3 BTB all week long and i’m already at 82/117, just casually playing and getting in the warthog. Try more Halo 3.

Does firefight count? or it has to be PvP only?

This challenge is BS,everyone wants to be shooting and no one driving.So now i see desperate players parking their Warthog somewhere and shooting while alone in the vehicle

> 2533274830198934;11:
> Does firefight count? or it has to be PvP only?

Based on the testing that I have done, Gauss Warthog kills and splatters done in Halo 3: ODST and Rocket Warthog kills and splatters done in Halo Reach Firefight matchmaking on Normal difficulty doesn’t contribute towards completing this challenge.

However, I haven’t tested it on Heroic or with the standard Warthog but my hypothesis is that kills done in Firefight won’t contribute towards completing this challenge.

> 2535469120778295;13:
> > 2533274830198934;11:
> > Does firefight count? or it has to be PvP only?
>
> Based on the testing that I have done, Gauss Warthog kills and splatters done in Halo 3: ODST and Rocket Warthog kills and splatters done in Halo Reach Firefight matchmaking on Normal difficulty doesn’t contribute towards completing this challenge.
>
> However, I haven’t tested it on Heroic or with the standard Warthog but my hypothesis is that kills done in Firefight won’t contribute towards completing this challenge.

thanks for confirming.

Hello Everyone.

My Beast Mode challenge is stuck at 0 out of 117 despite a lot of kills with the warthog gunner playing Halo 2A matchmaking and my scores did not register at the moment. Hopefully this can be fixed soon with the limited time this challenge has.

Many thanks.

Artist 343

Would of been cool if you could get them as a driver since no one ever wants to drive.

You can get 117 warthog kills in matchmade firefight.

> 2533274806220549;17:
> You can get 117 warthog kills in matchmade firefight.

Does it need to be on any particular difficulty or game mode? I know lost platoon has hogs, are there other maps with hogs in ODST?

> 2533274817397814;18:
> > 2533274806220549;17:
> > You can get 117 warthog kills in matchmade firefight.
>
> Does it need to be on any particular difficulty or game mode? I know lost platoon has hogs, are there other maps with hogs in ODST?

Right!? Why else would ODST be in the list of approved modes then? Came here to ask the same question so apologies I don’t have an answer

> 2533274820211604;19:
> > 2533274817397814;18:
> > > 2533274806220549;17:
> > > You can get 117 warthog kills in matchmade firefight.
> >
> > Does it need to be on any particular difficulty or game mode? I know lost platoon has hogs, are there other maps with hogs in ODST?
>
> Right!? Why else would ODST be in the list of approved modes then? Came here to ask the same question so apologies I don’t have an answer

On halopedia it says that hog kills in matchmade firefight count. I think reach has 1 or 2 maps with hogs as well on installation 04 and another map.

Edit: I can confirm matchmade firefight kills in reach count. I haven’t tried ODST but I suspect that would work as well.