beam rifle is overpowered.

waaay too much aim assist. if you run into someone who has it, and you’ve a br, you die. its automatic. not to mention its respawn time on exile…

anyone else feel the same way?

A lot of people do.

I think all load outs should be equal :confused:

> I think all load outs should be equal :confused:

The Beam Rifle isn’t a loadout weapon -_-

> waaay too much aim assist. <mark>if you run into someone who has it, and you’ve a br, you die. its automatic.</mark> not to mention its respawn time on exile…
>
> anyone else feel the same way?

no it is not, and it’s a powerweapon, it’s is suppose to be powerful.

> > waaay too much aim assist. <mark>if you run into someone who has it, and you’ve a br, you die. its automatic.</mark> not to mention its respawn time on exile…
> >
> > anyone else feel the same way?
>
> no it is not, and it’s a powerweapon, it’s is suppose to be powerful.

No… its not a powerweapon. Its a destroyer of worlds weapon as it can take everything on with ease.

> > waaay too much aim assist. <mark>if you run into someone who has it, and you’ve a br, you die. its automatic.</mark> not to mention its respawn time on exile…
> >
>

halo is skill based not class based. the beam rifle is op.

you die. its automatic. when it takes 3 ABOVE ADVERAGE clan team mates to kill 1 ADVERAGE player with a beam rifle, there is obviously somthing wrong.

The Beam Rifle is the most powerful weapon in Halo history. There is absolutely no downside to an auto-aim instant-kill Snapshot machine. At least explosive weapons like the Incineration Cannon, Fuel Rod, and Scarab Gun had splash damage that could kill you. Even the Binary Rifle forces you to stay scoped in to be consistent. The Beam Rifle has none of this, you hardly have to aim, and just get free kills for nothing.

There is a difference between power and being unbeatable. Just because a weapon isn’t in loadouts doesn’t mean it can be an instakill autoaim deathcannon.

> >
>

Yes, but there’s a line that can be crossed, even with power weapons. The beam rifle is used in close ranges just as much as it is used in it’s intended role as a sniper

Does anyone else agree that the Beam Rifle functions more as a Shotgun than a Sniper with it’s excessive aim-assist?

Either way, I think it’s due for a serious nerf of that nature. You can land a -Snapshot!- from halfway across the map with little effort.

> Does anyone else agree that the Beam Rifle functions more as a Shotgun than a Sniper with it’s excessive aim-assist?
>
> Either way, I think it’s due for a serious nerf of that nature. You can land a -Snapshot!- from halfway across the map with little effort.

more like a 2sk railgun that fires instantly!

> >
>

Its also a sniper, yet its used as a shotgon, br, dmr, sniper, etc.

I’m pretty bad at the game (my max CSR is 14 in SWAT), so take this for what it’s worth . . . but I almost never use the scope on the beam rifle. It’s too effective unscoped at medium range to justify scoping with it and losing the field-of-view. So I just use it for snapshots in BR range.

Its supposed to be a sniper, but its actually waaaay easier to get kills without zooming in.

Unless my target is really, really far away I never zoom in with this thing.

I agree that this weapon is also very useful as a shotgun. At close range, I actually find it more useful than scattershot slotmachine.

its a power weapon for a reason

> its a power weapon for a reason

as said before, theres a deffernce between being powerful, and being unbeatable.
if rockets were nukes, and killed the whole enemy team upon firing, would that be balanced? point is, theres a line to be crossed with power weapons. and many weapons in this game have already crossed that line.

A guy with a BR and ammo upgrade can take a banshee out of the sky, not OP
Power weapon kills people with efficient ease, OP…WTF

All of the power weapons are fine, I swear some of you people…

> A guy with a BR and ammo upgrade can take a banshee out of the sky, not OP
> Power weapon kills people with efficient ease, OP…WTF
>
> All of the power weapons are fine, I swear some of you people…

I’d love to see you vs 4 newbs that always spawn with a beam rifle while you can only use loadouts.

Also BR with ammo requires a MOD and AIM plus the banshee would more then likely KILL him before he can let out all his ammo… Unlike the Beam rifle which just shoots and gets double kills.

> A guy with a BR and ammo upgrade can take a banshee out of the sky, not OP
> Power weapon kills people with efficient ease, OP…WTF
>
> All of the power weapons are fine, I swear some of you people…

i honestly dont know how to reply to that…

br cant kill a banshee, the player will get banshee bombed long before the banshee dies.

i can think of 5 weapons that are not op, but over the top unbeatable, inevitable, apocalypsees that could not be more op.

1. icannon
  2. saw
  3. fuel rod
  4. railgun
  5. binary rifle.

AND the beam rifle.

(im talking about weapons that crazy overpowered. so op nomatter how AWESOME you are, unless the enemy was born yesterday, you will die. its inevitable.)

You know…because power weapons are supposed to be walking apocalypses, all of which can be countered if used improperly.

As for the beam rifle, only touch up it needs is a RoF nerf and and double-shot overheat instead of the triple shot overheat.