Be nice if WZ got ranks

I’m always noticing a lot of players in WZ are unranked with high SR. With the new TS2 system do they have a MMR for WZ? I was also noticing quite a few are ranked in Hardcore Fiesta so why not WZ.

Warzone always had MMR, but it was looser restrictions before TS2.

Warzone is completely different than arena. Imo i would rather see 343 put time into h6 than developing some ranking algorithm that would rank warzone players.

It would be nice… I would like to see more even matches. Some games are extremely lopsided. A game I played earlier had 2 Champs, 4 Diamonds, other team 1 Diamond was the highest rank.

I think not having ranks reinforces Warzone’s casual style. Ranks could increase the competitive sweatiness though Idk if it would be significant. I wouldn’t mind a separate ranked warzone playlist though, it’s nice to show off your rank, especially if it’s fairly calculated.

It’s social and I see no need for ranks in any soical playlist… That is kinda what the SR ranks are for IMO.

There would be major backlash for introducing ranks to WZ, given that REQs are purchasable. Given that victory in WZ is partially influenced by REQ collections and proper use of them, any public ranking system would be meaningless as it wouldn’t be strictly measuring skill. Along that same vein, because WZ doesn’t rely solely on skill, it can afford to be looser in it’s matchmaking parameters than ranked play, since REQs can do a certain amount of bridging skill gaps.

But at the end of the day, lopsided matches in WZ are a result of population. Increasing the strictness of matchmaking based on skill in WZ could lessen the prevalence of blowout matches, but it would come at the expense of longer matchmaking times, which some players aren’t willing to accept. Not to mention, it would likely result in expert players being less likely to find games at all.

If it was BTB then fine but WZ has pay to win elements so adding ranks wouldn’t make any sense in Warzone.

So, your asking for ranked Warzone? We already had ranked Fiesta, what’s this world coming to?

No. I’m not asking for a ranked WZ like the competitive games. If WZ has a MMR isn’t that more less a rank? Why not show it? It could say your good, bad or ugly… lol. Crimera30 summed it up pretty good.

MMR can fluctuate greatly compared to your visible CSR rank which is one reason why it’s not shown in ranked. Despite being social, showing the MMR would affect how people play in it as well and I don’t think they would want that. 343 would also have to change the UI and that’s definitely not happening.

> 2727626560040591;11:
> MMR can fluctuate greatly compared to your visible CSR rank which is one reason why it’s not shown in ranked. Despite being social, showing the MMR would affect how people play in it as well and I don’t think they would want that. 343 would also have to change the UI and that’s definitely not happening.

I know it’s not going to happen. It was just a thought that ran through my mind always seeing unranked players with a high SR stomping everyone else in the game. I was always wondering where they would rank if they played Arena games.

The skill gap in Warzone is too small to make it ranked.

> 2533274807746666;5:
> I think not having ranks reinforces Warzone’s casual style. Ranks could increase the competitive sweatiness though Idk if it would be significant. I wouldn’t mind a separate ranked warzone playlist though, it’s nice to show off your rank, especially if it’s fairly calculated.

There is nothing casual about warzone though. At all. You get a game, you loose that TERRIBLY, repeat until tired of “The Warzone Experience”

> 2535446745236801;14:
> > 2533274807746666;5:
> > I think not having ranks reinforces Warzone’s casual style. Ranks could increase the competitive sweatiness though Idk if it would be significant. I wouldn’t mind a separate ranked warzone playlist though, it’s nice to show off your rank, especially if it’s fairly calculated.
>
> There is nothing casual about warzone though. At all. You get a game, you loose that TERRIBLY, repeat until tired of “The Warzone Experience”

I have to agree with your comment. It’s balls to the walls the whole game. The only one’s that don’t notice a skill gap is the Champs, and very little for the Onyx/Diamond. Platinum down to Bronze get a good spanking every game… lol. The good thing is, at least we can pull out an equalizer to even the score a little.

> 2535446745236801;14:
> > 2533274807746666;5:
> > I think not having ranks reinforces Warzone’s casual style. Ranks could increase the competitive sweatiness though Idk if it would be significant. I wouldn’t mind a separate ranked warzone playlist though, it’s nice to show off your rank, especially if it’s fairly calculated.
>
> There is nothing casual about warzone though. At all. You get a game, you loose that TERRIBLY, repeat until tired of “The Warzone Experience”

You’re right, it isn’t exactly casual, at least not as much as it used to be. It was meant to be more so than ranked arena playlists however. One of the problems now is that sweaty teams make up half of the Warzone players, which is inevitable at this point.

Ranked WZ is bad idea. 12 men teams would be the only way to play, otherwise you would get steamrolled and have a trash rank. Im a fairly good WZ player but i would hate to get a bad rank because i’m solo queuing and losing to a full, communicating team. I already dont like the Arena Win( rank up ) Lose ( rank down ) system… had games where i went like 20 kills - 6 deaths and still lost, and of course rank went down… WZ is social and should stay unranked.