Be Harsh, Very Harsh

I would like to get better at Halo Reach for various reasons and i would love for some tips from you guys.
Please judge this game.
I’m open for tips, tricks and things i shouldn’t do.
I can put the video in my file share if anyone wants me to

> I would like to get better at Halo Reach for various reasons and i would love for some tips from you guys.
> Please judge this game.
> I’m open for tips, tricks and things i shouldn’t do.
> I can put the video in my file share if anyone wants me to

Video in the file share is good, Youtube video is better. :3

The biggest bit of advice I can give without looking at the video however, is always move with your team, don’t try to take an area controlled by the opposing team unless your team is moving with you or is converging on the same area from other points.

Also, practice that DMR, learn it’s rhythm for TU or default settings and not just for ZB or MLG variants. Practice quick-scoping and no-scoping with both weapons and learn to scope between the enemy’s shots for maximum aim. Finally, save your sprint for the game’s opening, power weapon up calls (memorise the timings for weapon spawns, it’ll make your life far easier too) and for moving quickly through an open area or for making a getaway, use it sparingly and always stay alert.

Oh and learn where the main clusters of spawns are on the maps, it’ll give you a good idea where the enemy is or is moving too most of the time.

P.S: Callouts.

It should be on my file share now and i would upload to youtube if i knew how.
I wasn’t able to stay with a team or work with anyone because it was a free for all match but i will keep that in mind when i go into a team game of any kind

(in file-share named as Halo Forums)
thank you so much for reply with an excellent answer Cpt Jei Sparrow

> It should be on my file share now and i would upload to youtube if i knew how.
> I wasn’t able to stay with a team or work with anyone because it was a free for all match but i will keep that in mind when i go into a team game of any kind
>
> (in file-share named as Halo Forums)
> thank you so much for reply with an excellent answer Cpt Jei Sparrow

It’s cool dude, if you’d like to improve your skills then feel free to hit me up with a friend request at any time, my guys are usually active a few times during the week and we play whenever we have time. :3

> It should be on my file share now and i would upload to youtube if i knew how.
> I wasn’t able to stay with a team or work with anyone because it was a free for all match but i will keep that in mind when i go into a team game of any kind
>
> (in file-share named as Halo Forums)
> thank you so much for reply with an excellent answer Cpt Jei Sparrow

Watching your video right now. I’ll edit under when I’m finished.

I’m assessing your good and bad points here so not 100% negative.

Edit:
Right, firstly you went to run into the player and beat him down. I presume for the head shot. You either could have waited because he had the upper hand of being higher and bottling you in a tight area (grenades etc) or backed up while looking at him and shooting. Going so close and pummelling is a poor-skilled players choice. He could have had Sticky grenades. Eliminate the option for you to die along with him. And as you stayed in the same area with shields down, another player could just pop the shot and get a quick kill. Always make sure your shields are up. There were plenty of places to duck out for a couple of seconds.

Nice double kill in the next area. I see you watching the radar and taking the chance. Again, that corridor bottles the explosion in so you can do more damage so you can finish with the head shot. But S1ideXII got you quicker because you were spamming your shots and not taking aim properly. His shield barely took 2 shots.

The next part was ok. You threw a grenade to take his shields down and flanked around to meet him, as another player took your shields down you threw a grenade to flee (let them recharge) this was good but you failed to notice where you were going on radar so you got picked off quite easily.

Next re-spawn you threw a grenade without taking note where it was going and actually went for the double beat down - The most noobish skill ever. I’ve been stopped in games where I’ve had a Killing Frenzy with a mix of rockets, sniping and DMR and a player double pummelled me for a simple kill. You had a pistol to take him out with, and not having your shields popped which again, could have you killed from a distance easily.

Your next death was not taking a second to evaluate where this player was going. You threw a random grenade to possible move him towards the right but he flanked left. Plus your aim was terrible, you reloaded when you had only used 3 which could have gave him the opportunity to take you out and you strafed right only. Mix it up a little. Left and right to throw off his aim.

I’m guessing when you went over the lift your controller DC’d or you had a itch because you had a player next to you (XGloriousX) with 1 shot left on his shields. But you took your time and he got killed by a grenade rather then 2 shots from your Needle Rifle. You died quick after that but you had 2 players on you. You did pick up a grenade though, that could have scored you a kill from the grave.

I noticed you not checking radar again as a II Phobia II came up the cannon behind you and picked you off. And you spammed a grenade without a trajectory. You should counter the players moves rather then throw at them directly. You had a spare while XGloriousX was assassinating sureboy1. Easily could have had the double kill/yoink medal.

This is only 3:32 seconds in and I see your problems. You are trying to rush your kills with the DMR. Don’t slow down too much but aim better and pick your shots. You need to counter moves and judge where a player might go. I find it easier to use the radar :P. That is the last thing. You were checking but not all the time. Keep a eye on it, you could have had far less deaths just as a result of it.

If you want, Firefight has increased my edge with head shots the most. Use a DMR in Score Attack, try skirmageddon on Courtyard if you can. You will soon head shot like a pro :slight_smile:

Just video advice here on Solitary FFA and here on Battle Canyon. Notice how I used the radar for the kills mostly. -coughs- and skill :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck and let me know how the videos were, if they helped at all.

Thank you this is exactly the help and tips i wanted.
I’m not sure why i rush the dmr kills in multiplayer but i am usually able to deal with jackals two shots each and most grunts one while adjusting for bloom (the match had no bloom)
and also thank you for helping me i’ll be working on these points as much as i can

Don’t Play MLg, don’t try to be MLG, Play for fun.

You can easily get better but you don’t need to play in a playlist with people who try their hardest to win at a video game.

I assure you when Halo 4 comes out, there will be a whole new learning curve, and Reach may carry over some but not all.

Halo 3 is your best bet. Learn the core mechanics of what makes Halo by playing Halo 3 and reach will be child’s play.

> Halo 3 is your best bet. Learn the core mechanics of what makes Halo by playing Halo 3 and reach will be child’s play.

i played the gaff out of Halo 3 first 360 game i owned and only played it when i had no internet and when i did have live i was always playing big team battle oh and Halo 3 is childs play on legendary compared to reach (for me)

> Don’t Play MLg, don’t try to be MLG, Play for fun.
>
> You can easily get better but you don’t need to play in a playlist with people who try their hardest to win at a video game.
>
> I assure you when Halo 4 comes out, there will be a whole new learning curve, and Reach may carry over some but not all.

i’m not going to play in the mlg playlists cause i always die too much when having fun :stuck_out_tongue: but i wanted to set a goal for myself until Halo 4 comes out.

Stay out of close range encounters, you have more pummels than headshots in your service record. Close range encounters are more random and spammy, long range comes down to how well you can aim and strafe.

> Stay out of close range encounters, you have more pummels than headshots in your service record. Close range encounters are more random and spammy, long range comes down to how well you can aim and strafe.

If it’s in my service record that may be because I play as much infection as I can
(and the game never lets me be human)

> > Halo 3 is your best bet. Learn the core mechanics of what makes Halo by playing Halo 3 and reach will be child’s play.
>
> i played the gaff out of Halo 3 first 360 game i owned and only played it when i had no internet and when i did have live i was always playing big team battle oh and Halo 3 is childs play on legendary compared to reach (for me)

play ranked playlists, you’ll see a new world of skill that will push you to the limit. BTB is easy.