Be happy with what you have.

Ok. We all have our own likes and dislikes. Whether it’s power weapons, armor, weapons tuning, map selections, vehicles, spawning issues, etc…the list is endless for some people.

I just spent a month away from Halo because I took exception to the way the game was being managed. I felt 343 was making a mockery of one of the greatest gaming franchises that has ever existed. I decided to leave and felt I could find a game just as exciting and challenging.

I got a PS3. I played everything I could get my hands on from Syndicate, to Killzone 2 & 3, to Resistance 2 & 3 and many more. I even bought Section 8:Prejudice because it looked Haloish.

Nothing is close as far as Sci-Fi FPS are concerned. I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not. If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.

Gripe and moan all you want and you can even flame this post and say the guy is nuts if you want. It makes no difference to me. I for one will just be happy with what I do have…A great game even with all of it’s “flaws”.

Gear up Spartans. No excuses. See you out there.

343 has chased the majority of Halo players away already. Whether or not it is the best sci-fi shooter out there makes no difference. 343 changed it and now it is not as fun as the previous installments and with less than 30k players at this very moment you can see how successful they were.

Great post OP!

> Ok. We all have our own likes and dislikes. Whether it’s power weapons, armor, weapons tuning, map selections, vehicles, spawning issues, etc…the list is endless for some people.
>
> I just spent a month away from Halo because I took exception to the way the game was being managed. I felt 343 was making a mockery of one of the greatest gaming franchises that has ever existed. I decided to leave and felt I could find a game just as exciting and challenging.
>
> I got a PS3. I played everything I could get my hands on from Syndicate, to Killzone 2 & 3, to Resistance 2 & 3 and many more. I even bought Section 8:Prejudice because it looked Haloish.
>
> Nothing is close as far as Sci-Fi FPS are concerned. I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not. If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.
>
> Gripe and moan all you want and you can even flame this post and say the guy is nuts if you want. It makes no difference to me. I for one will just be happy with what I do have…A great game even with all of it’s “flaws”.
>
> Gear up Spartans. No excuses. See you out there.

As much as I hate to admit it you make a point. I love halo, yea halo 4 isnt perfect but its still somewhat halo. I have stuck with it since november even though I dont play it as much I still pop it in my xbox on a weekly basis. I miss the good old days but they are behind us. All I can do now is hope and pray 343i revive halo on the xbox one. I dont mind change but I do hate change for the sake of change and thats what Halo 4 felt like to me, it changed just for the yoink! of it.

how can you be happy with what you have when its total garbage? also if we dont give good or negative feedback how will this company make future game better if no one has an objection to what they did? alot of ideas come from the community not the creators. the creators dont know whats best for the community, the only thing they know is how to make the game.

also you cant use the militarys way of saying “even though its bad suck it up” this isnt the military we have the right of free speech and opinion. i can say this as i was formerly in the Armed Services. we can give feedback to things we dont like as wherein the military, its take it or get your pay docked and have to do extra work for expressing your ideals

Halo4 is a heartbreaking teasing little tramp, but I love this bad girl nonetheless.

Tarting around other game series will only make you feel cheap and nasty.

to the above, no actually playing other games is rather expensive, so im a high class broad lmao. h4 just fell off the halo high horse trying to pull in COD players by adding its gimmicks, great idea terrible execution.

> I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not. If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.

So no matter what 343 does with Halo 5, you’ll be quiet and play it. No matter how far down this CoD (or modern shooter) path Halo 5 goes, you’ll be quiet and play it.
Ok then, but I’ll be doing things very differently.

“If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at” - If you want to play a game with Halo in the title, you mean?
Peronally, having Halo in the title is not enough for me to say “this is where it’s at”.
Unless it is worthy (IMO) of being a Halo game, then I will absolutely continue to voice my concerns. I don’t know why you wouldn’t do the same.

> Ok. <mark>We all have our own likes and dislikes.</mark> Whether it’s power weapons, armor, weapons tuning, map selections, vehicles, spawning issues, etc…<mark>the list is endless for some people.</mark>
>
> I just spent a month away from Halo because I took exception to the way the game was being managed. I felt 343 was making a mockery of one of the greatest gaming franchises that has ever existed. I decided to leave and felt I could find a game just as exciting and challenging.
>
> I got a PS3. <mark>I played everything I could get my hands on from Syndicate, to Killzone 2 & 3, to Resistance 2 & 3 and many more. I even bought Section 8:Prejudice because it looked Haloish.</mark>
>
> Nothing is close as far as Sci-Fi FPS are concerned. <mark>I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not.</mark> If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.
>
> Gripe and moan all you want and you can even flame this post and say the guy is nuts if you want. It makes no difference to me. I for one will just be happy with what I do have…A great game even with all of it’s “flaws”.
>

1.) The list of things that were omitted from, or fudged up with Halo 4 does have an end - contrary to the picture a visit to the Waypoint forums will paint - we just haven’t found it yet.

2.) By “everything” you of course mean “every console FPS with online multiplayer”.

3.) HAhahaha…wait, you’re actually serious?

All kidding aside, the last thing video game developers - especially fledgling studios like 343i - need is a horde of these guys following them around.

> > Ok. <mark>We all have our own likes and dislikes.</mark> Whether it’s power weapons, armor, weapons tuning, map selections, vehicles, spawning issues, etc…<mark>the list is endless for some people.</mark>
> >
> > I just spent a month away from Halo because I took exception to the way the game was being managed. I felt 343 was making a mockery of one of the greatest gaming franchises that has ever existed. I decided to leave and felt I could find a game just as exciting and challenging.
> >
> > I got a PS3. <mark>I played everything I could get my hands on from Syndicate, to Killzone 2 & 3, to Resistance 2 & 3 and many more. I even bought Section 8:Prejudice because it looked Haloish.</mark>
> >
> > Nothing is close as far as Sci-Fi FPS are concerned. <mark>I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not.</mark> If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.
> >
> > Gripe and moan all you want and you can even flame this post and say the guy is nuts if you want. It makes no difference to me. I for one will just be happy with what I do have…A great game even with all of it’s “flaws”.
> >
> > Gear up Spartans. No excuses. See you out there.
>
> 1.) The list of things that were omitted from, or fudged up with Halo 4 does have an end - contrary to the picture a visit to the Waypoint forums will paint - we just haven’t found it yet.
>
> 2.) By “everything” you of course mean “every console FPS with online multiplayer”.
>
> 3.) HAhahaha…wait, you’re actually serious?
>
> All kidding aside, the last thing video game developers - especially fledgling studios like 343i - need is a horde of these guys following them around.

I will say there are any number of options: Quit or deal with those changes and be a happier person. Sounds like your stewing yourself in that pot of resentment and your not quite done.

Name me a game that’s got a great multiplayer following that’s FPS SCI-Fi based. Go ahead. Planetside 2 is one. It’s for the PC. COD and BF3? Not Sci-Fi and not “Flawless”. Most of my friends play BF3 and all they do is gripe and moan about lag and other issues. So don’t give me that crap.

The game has changed quite a bit since launch. I was you just a few months ago. Always pissed 343 did something and changed the maps or adjusted the ROF for this weapon or the other or removed a piece of equipment I thought was necessary. I can get technical with the best of them and talk rates of fire, cyclical rates, weapon spawn rates, effective damage distance for grenades and reducing kill distances for this weapon or that one, etc… The changes they have made have so affected you that you hate to play?

Quit. You leave and a noob will step in where you left and no one will even notice or care. You could change your game and adapt your play to incorporate those changes and enhance your productivity on the battlefield. Your probably a fairly capable player or you wouldn’t care as much as you do. Sometimes we have to change as the game changes.

Games change but the basics of the game don’t. Look at the Slayer Pro guys. One on one they will beat you the majority of the time even with all the new fangled gadgets 343 has blended into Halo 4. Why? Skill set. They are the best players in Halo because they have mastered the basics. I’m striving to do that. It may take a little while but as I said before I’m just happy to be playing Halo again no matter if it’s garbage. It’s all in how you look at things.

> Ok. We all have our own likes and dislikes. Whether it’s power weapons, armor, weapons tuning, map selections, vehicles, spawning issues, etc…the list is endless for some people.
>
>
> I got a PS3. I played everything I could get my hands on from Syndicate, to Killzone 2 & 3, to Resistance 2 & 3 and many more. I even bought Section 8:Prejudice because it looked Haloish.
>
> Nothing is close as far as Sci-Fi FPS are concerned. I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not. If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.
>
>

This is so true , thank you ! If only everyone was like that .

> Quit or deal with those changes and be a happier person. Sounds like your stewing yourself in that pot of resentment and your not quite done.

Quit, find new games.

> Name me a game that’s got a great multiplayer following that’s FPS SCI-Fi based. Go ahead.

Define ‘great following’.
Define ‘Sci-fi’.

> Games change but the basics of the game don’t.

Eh…

> The changes they have made have so affected you that you hate to play?

Wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

> Quit

Or stay on the forums and suggest improvements. Either way, I would bet most people have already quit regardless.

> > Ok. We all have our own likes and dislikes. Whether it’s power weapons, armor, weapons tuning, map selections, vehicles, spawning issues, etc…the list is endless for some people.
> >
> > I just spent a month away from Halo because I took exception to the way the game was being managed. I felt 343 was making a mockery of one of the greatest gaming franchises that has ever existed. I decided to leave and felt I could find a game just as exciting and challenging.
> >
> > I got a PS3. I played everything I could get my hands on from Syndicate, to Killzone 2 & 3, to Resistance 2 & 3 and many more. I even bought Section 8:Prejudice because it looked Haloish.
> >
> > Nothing is close as far as Sci-Fi FPS are concerned. I for one will not open my mouth and utter another voice of opposition to any change 343 makes. I will just grin and adapt to the new changes whether I like them or not. If I want to play Halo this is where it’s at.
> >
> > Gripe and moan all you want and you can even flame this post and say the guy is nuts if you want. It makes no difference to me. I for one will just be happy with what I do have…A great game even with all of it’s “flaws”.
> >
> > Gear up Spartans. No excuses. See you out there.
>
> As much as I hate to admit it you make a point. I love halo, yea halo 4 isnt perfect but its still somewhat halo. I have stuck with it since november even though I dont play it as much I still pop it in my xbox on a weekly basis. I miss the good old days but they are behind us. All I can do now is hope and pray 343i revive halo on the xbox one. I dont mind change but I do hate change for the sake of change and thats what Halo 4 felt like to me, it changed just for the yoink! of it.

I know what your saying. Change isn’t often good when you have to change the way you play or think those changes benefit a gameplay that’s not Halo. Can’t blame you there. I’ve been off the Xbox radar for over a month and I’m sure a lot has changed in that time frame. I meant no disrespect in my comments towards you. Many people in the community respect your opinion and the voice of reason you lend to topics such as these. I am one of those.

When I left I was very conflicted over a lot of things that 343 had done but just had to pro and con it and the pros won. I like the team size in Big Team Infinity so I’ll just go without any loadout enhancements other than my DMR, Magnum, and frags. I’ll give my ordinance away to my team. I like a challenge so I’ll go with that loadout and see how well I do. Never did get to play with you or DarkSavior. If you guys are ever in need of a backup give me a bump. It would be my honor.

> > Quit or deal with those changes and be a happier person. Sounds like your stewing yourself in that pot of resentment and your not quite done.
>
> Quit, find new games.
>
>
>
> > Name me a game that’s got a great multiplayer following that’s FPS SCI-Fi based. Go ahead.
>
> Define ‘great following’.
> Define ‘Sci-fi’.
>
>
>
> > Games change but the basics of the game don’t.
>
> Eh…
>
>
>
> > The changes they have made have so affected you that you hate to play?
>
> Wouldn’t be surprised if they did.
>
>
>
> > Quit
>
> Or stay on the forums and suggest improvements. Either way, I would bet most people have already quit regardless.

You’re still here. Also, eh…What is that? Eh…Why even play if you hate it that bad? Eh…Eh…Eh… .

> You’re still here. .

I don’t understand the point you are making.

On the forums yes, in-game seldom.

> Also, eh…What is that? Eh…Why even play if you hate it that bad? Eh…Eh…Eh… .

Some games have changed the basic gameplay, such as Final Fantasy and Fallout.

> I will say there are any number of options: Quit or deal with those changes and be a happier person. Sounds like your stewing yourself in that pot of resentment and your not quite done.
>
> Name me a game that’s got a great multiplayer following that’s FPS SCI-Fi based. Go ahead. Planetside 2 is one. It’s for the PC. COD and BF3? Not Sci-Fi and not “Flawless”. Most of my friends play BF3 and all they do is gripe and moan about lag and other issues. So don’t give me that crap.
>
> The game has changed quite a bit since launch. I was you just a few months ago. Always pissed 343 did something and changed the maps or adjusted the ROF for this weapon or the other or removed a piece of equipment I thought was necessary. I can get technical with the best of them and talk rates of fire, cyclical rates, weapon spawn rates, effective damage distance for grenades and reducing kill distances for this weapon or that one, etc… The changes they have made have so affected you that you hate to play?
>
> Quit. You leave and a noob will step in where you left and no one will even notice or care. You could change your game and adapt your play to incorporate those changes and enhance your productivity on the battlefield. Your probably a fairly capable player or you wouldn’t care as much as you do. Sometimes we have to change as the game changes.
>
> Games change but the basics of the game don’t. Look at the Slayer Pro guys. One on one they will beat you the majority of the time even with all the new fangled gadgets 343 has blended into Halo 4. Why? Skill set. They are the best players in Halo because they have mastered the basics. I’m striving to do that. It may take a little while but as I said before I’m just happy to be playing Halo again no matter if it’s garbage. It’s all in how you look at things.

You seem to have missed my point, so I’ll restate it here: turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to Halo 4’s numerous problems is not going to help 343i make future titles in the series better. A passionate, vocal, critical community is what 343i needs, not a baying flock of yes-men.

> > You’re still here. .
>
> I don’t understand the point you are making.
>
> On the forums yes, in-game seldom.

Why put yourself through that? Play the game with players that care as much as you. Heck man give me a bump sometime I’ll get in there with you and use my DMR, magnum, and frags only. I could care less what everybody else does, that’s the only way I will get some kind of enjoyment out of it knowing these freaks have all the hardware and I have my caveman weapons and I still kicked their butt.

That’s why I say gear up. They have all the gear and I have a slingshot with a rock essentially. Give me a bump sometime.

It just feels like it comes up a little short a lot of ways. I wish they would have put more time into making it before they released. I feel cheated out of my money by new graphics and cheap add-ons, heck the only good maps are re-makes.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > I will say there are any number of options: Quit or deal with those changes and be a happier person. Sounds like your stewing yourself in that pot of resentment and your not quite done.
> >
> > Name me a game that’s got a great multiplayer following that’s FPS SCI-Fi based. Go ahead. Planetside 2 is one. It’s for the PC. COD and BF3? Not Sci-Fi and not “Flawless”. Most of my friends play BF3 and all they do is gripe and moan about lag and other issues. So don’t give me that crap.
> >
> > The game has changed quite a bit since launch. I was you just a few months ago. Always pissed 343 did something and changed the maps or adjusted the ROF for this weapon or the other or removed a piece of equipment I thought was necessary. I can get technical with the best of them and talk rates of fire, cyclical rates, weapon spawn rates, effective damage distance for grenades and reducing kill distances for this weapon or that one, etc… The changes they have made have so affected you that you hate to play?
> >
> > Quit. You leave and a noob will step in where you left and no one will even notice or care. You could change your game and adapt your play to incorporate those changes and enhance your productivity on the battlefield. Your probably a fairly capable player or you wouldn’t care as much as you do. Sometimes we have to change as the game changes.
> >
> > Games change but the basics of the game don’t. Look at the Slayer Pro guys. One on one they will beat you the majority of the time even with all the new fangled gadgets 343 has blended into Halo 4. Why? Skill set. They are the best players in Halo because they have mastered the basics. I’m striving to do that. It may take a little while but as I said before I’m just happy to be playing Halo again no matter if it’s garbage. It’s all in how you look at things.
>
> You seem to have missed my point, so I’ll restate it here: turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to Halo 4’s numerous problems is not going to help 343i make future titles in the series better. A passionate, vocal, critical community is what 343i needs, not a baying flock of yes-men.

What are you talking about? I just want to play the stinking game. No restatement is needed. This is the only place to play Halo 4. Do you think for an instant they give a hoot about your opinion? Hell, you must be on the Dev Team. I’m sorry, I’m just tired of listening to the same old crap from the same type of people on this forum. Gotta bring everybody else down with you because you got a boo boo. Deal with it.