Be a Forerunner in MP.

I hate being an elite. But now tha there are Forerunners I think it would be cool if you would want to be a Spartan or Forerunner and have the Forerunner armor custimizations like with the Spartans in Reach. What do you guys think?

Personally I think there should be Spartans, Forerunners and Elites just to give it a lot more variety. I mean not everyone likes playing as Elites but there are a lot of people who do so it would be neat to have them back in the game, even if they’re not in campaign.

I mean like have the option to be a Spartan or a Forerunner like it is with Reach with Spartans and Elites.

Yes I know what you mean, but I think you should have the third option. So when you go to options and select your preferred species it would give you Spartan, Elite and Forerunner to choose from. Then all three of those species would each get their own customization. It would make matchmaking players that much more unique IMO.

Who said anything about forerunners? Forerunners killed themselves as well as most of the other organisms in the universe many, many years ago, besides nothing is confirmed as of now.

The Halo Encylopedia confirmed Forerunner are still alive. It’s true we don’t know if they will be in Halo 4 but trust me, some are alive and well.

> The Halo Encylopedia confirmed Forerunner are still alive. It’s true we don’t know if they will be in Halo 4 but trust me, some are alive and well.

Of course some of them are alive. It wouldn’t make sense that they just destroyed themselves when they built the ark where they could survive from that Halo blast.

Oh ok I see what you are saying. That would be alot of more custimization and that is one thing I love about Halo 3 and Reach. And if you saw the Halo 4 panel they do mention forerunners and stuff involving them.

> Who said anything about forerunners? Forerunners killed themselves as well as most of the other organisms in the universe many, many years ago, besides nothing is confirmed as of now.

and why can’t they be playable anyways?

It’s not like there exists 500k+ Spartans in the Halo Universe either…

> > Who said anything about forerunners? Forerunners killed themselves as well as most of the other organisms in the universe many, many years ago, besides nothing is confirmed as of now.
>
> and why can’t they be playable anyways?
>
> It’s not like there exists 500k+ Spartans in the Halo Universe either…

This

oh also add a option to play as the flood. in mp maybe not mm but at least custom game and be able to customize them would be cool.

> oh also add a option to play as the flood. in mp maybe not mm but at least custom game and be able to customize them would be cool.

like for infection? sure why not.

> > Who said anything about forerunners? Forerunners killed themselves as well as most of the other organisms in the universe many, many years ago, besides nothing is confirmed as of now.
>
> and why can’t they be playable anyways?
>
> It’s not like there exists 500k+ Spartans in the Halo Universe either…

Exactly. SPARTANS were kind of developed as a hefty billed last resort and Col. Ackersons SPARTAN IIIs were just as and more expendable.

That aside, Forerunners as far as we’ve been described to seem to be more or less, Monitor styled automatons. If they have a bipedal form, I would expect it like the Geth from Mass Effect. They’re one of the things that I feel should only be in Halo 4’s campaign or to be left much like Chief’s face - up to your imagination.

well, the idea of a forerunner to me was the warrior-servants from origins, and the details of them in cryptum.

> > oh also add a option to play as the flood. in mp maybe not mm but at least custom game and be able to customize them would be cool.
>
> like for infection? sure why not.

I’ve thought that, when you get infected, your covered in flood.

> That aside, Forerunners as far as we’ve been described to seem to be more or less, Monitor styled automatons. If they have a bipedal form, I would expect it like the Geth from Mass Effect. They’re one of the things that I feel should only be in Halo 4’s campaign or to be left much like Chief’s face - up to your imagination.

Go look up forerunners on the halo wiki, we’ve seen them (thought only in their “combat skins”) and they are humanoids, in those suits they look more or less like humans really. They have this same look in the terminal videos we’ve already seen from CEA too.

Don’t know how much of a point there would be to give players the option of a basically human model with a few sets of armour… Might as well give players more options for their spartans, including maybe some pieces inspire by covenant and forerunner technology, the UNSC will undoubtedly try to reverse-engineer technology from both (it’s how they got energy shields).

> Personally I think there should be Spartans, Forerunners and Elites just to give it a lot more variety. I mean not everyone likes playing as Elites but there are a lot of people who do so it would be neat to have them back in the game, even if they’re not in campaign.

This

That flood idea would be intersting.

> > That aside, Forerunners as far as we’ve been described to seem to be more or less, Monitor styled automatons. If they have a bipedal form, I would expect it like the Geth from Mass Effect. They’re one of the things that I feel should only be in Halo 4’s campaign or to be left much like Chief’s face - up to your imagination.
>
> Go look up forerunners on the halo wiki, we’ve seen them (thought only in their “combat skins”) and they are humanoids, in those suits they look more or less like humans really. They have this same look in the terminal videos we’ve already seen from CEA too.
>
> Don’t know how much of a point there would be to give players the option of a basically human model with a few sets of armour… Might as well give players more options for their spartans, including maybe some pieces inspire by covenant and forerunner technology, the UNSC will undoubtedly try to reverse-engineer technology from both (it’s how they got energy shields).

I figured I’d seen them somewhere but never fully delved into them outside of Legends.