Battle royal or arena/btb 2.0

Sean I know this off topic but I wonder if you
I was watching vid on halo needs a battle Royal( I know I know, we beat that to death) but he had some good points I’m back to thinking it does need one. Weather we like it or not that what’s popular thats what get the views n player base.

But then I thought, why can’t we have a blend that feels like a halo br. But not the way most might think…
My thought was arena hasn’t evolved, arena just feels outdated. So what if they evolved btb 2.0 n made it like a blend of bR but like battlefield style mixed with Apex, mixed with halo. 100 plus players but in fireteams of let’s say 5(just spitballing).Then you would have 20+ other squad you go up against- last team standing. Then have objectives that get you power ups or map control, player drop pod respawn, etc.

Almost like the cut global battle… can you imagine flying pelicans, boats, etc. Maybe that’s what we getting from 343, since we don’t know what btb 2.0 is. But I think halo needs to be radical but with all decisions still have the halo DNA at every turn. I think something like that would feel new but still feel halo…what do you guys think? Can we think of a evolution of btb

Sorry bout the essay lol. Just hit me

I think 343 has already decided to go with BTB 2.0, but it should have a lot of the aspects you talk about. For instance, actual flying pelicans and phantoms (literally everyones dream since the elephants in Halo 3) would be great and 343 should really have it in the game. They had pelican insertions in Warzone, so I hope the next step is an actual pelican you yourself can fly.

At this point I actually think overdoing the speculation isn’t in anyone’s interests. The BTB2.0 or whatever the mode is will already have been designed and be in balancing only. We’ll likely get a lot more information about that over the coming month.

We know it’s not a BR and the more people try to liken BTB2.0 to a BR the more I think people will be disappointed

I’m guessing there’ll be neither. They’ve already said no BR a few times now, and BTB2.0 is what the fanbase has been circulating as hopeful rumor for a while now.

Needs to be BTB only and not BR. I still remember how I hated when 343i tried to replace Warzone in Halo 5 with BTB then that lead to not a single AAA map for BTB when BTB finally returned. I just want a proper Halo game without any gimmick from ‘current’ trends since had enough of the BR genre.

If I want to play a large scale war I’ll play Battlefield. If I want to play agressive run and gun quickscope I’ll play COD. If I want to play an Arena shooter I’ll play Halo.
I like those games because they vary in gameplay. I’m not found of BR mode but I will not complain if the game has it. What is bad is if the game chages it’s core gameplay to accomode to the BR mode.
So, I’m more in favor of BTB2.0 as the BTB mode was already present in previous iteration of Halo. A larger scale battle with many vehicules and a mean to get power weapon would be intersting, all of it without getting to close to battlefield gamplay.

> 2535462068061827;2:
> I think 343 has already decided to go with BTB 2.0, but it should have a lot of the aspects you talk about. For instance, actual flying pelicans and phantoms (literally everyones dream since the elephants in Halo 3) would be great and 343 should really have it in the game. They had pelican insertions in Warzone, so I hope the next step is an actual pelican you yourself can fly.

Yea I’m cool there with btb 2.0 I’m just thinking it hasn’t been really talked about among the community, ita mostly been framed as a battle Royal vs traditional Halo arena. But maybe btb 2.0 is that compromise…I’m just excited to find out what it is. Cause with BR not being there it is alot of pressure on what this btb 2.0 has to bring. I wish we kind of had hints so the community could come up with some good feedback on it to make it a success that we need it to be. Cause I know we all like to say halo just needs to be halo…but also it does have to modernize itself to what gamers expect from a shooter today. It has to be a balance.

> 2533274874872263;3:
> At this point I actually think overdoing the speculation isn’t in anyone’s interests. The BTB2.0 or whatever the mode is will already have been designed and be in balancing only. We’ll likely get a lot more information about that over the coming month.
>
> We know it’s not a BR and the more people try to liken BTB2.0 to a BR the more I think people will be disappointed

Oh no I’m not trying to form it to a battle Royal cause technically what I just described is actually radical for a br as well. So it would be different enough. It’s alot of pressure on this mode, I just realized that n just had to talk about it since we know it isn’t a BR in the game. N we have to also be honest with ourselves thats they game type that most popular rn. So I hope 343 thought about how to make btb 2.0 be able to capture that buzz like br do today. Again I’m not saying to just make it a br…just make it something that will be has played as that is. Like how arena was the br of its day in influence. Thats what people played arena shooter, today br shooterz. So how do they find something to be like ok now people are doing btb shooters now cause it’s so good n fun.

This is a fairly popular topic, as such it’s preferred to use the existing thread for it. You can find that here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/battle-royale/dfb8670d-ba8a-4c7a-a1f8-3d335c1b211a/posts