Battle Rifle vs DMR vs Carbine vs Light Rifle

Here’s a video comparing the precision weapons using frame data.

What do you guys think?

Which one will you use?

BR.

Carbine.
But I will try to use the storm rifle and the AR as much as I can. Without the firepower TP.

Always loved the Carbine, but the light rifle looks awesome so I’d take that.

Balanced weapons are balanced. Kill times from first shot are nice and short, but long enough for good players to turn the tables or escape to close cover.

1.6 seconds for all (LR varies)

Edit: Oh, and people complain about long kill times because they miss. OR there is a bullet registration issue, which hitmarkers and hitsccan should fix.

I’ll probably have one class with the BR and Carbine

Another with the Storm rifle and Assault Rifle.

Also, take note of the video you blinded “BR MUZT B 4SK OF HALOZ RUIND 4 GOOD GUIZE!!1”
Not going to say I told you so, but I told you, soooo…

For me it’s probably the DMR.

Nexy put a video up recently of the kill times for each of these weapons. If I remember correctly, it was 1.6 seconds for the BR, DMR, and Carbine. While the light rifle had a 1.8 second kill time unscoped and a 1.3 kill time while scoped.

Carbine mostly, although I’ll put the others in a loadout for the most part.

> Nexy put a video up recently of the kill times for each of these weapons. If I remember correctly, it was 1.6 seconds for the BR, DMR, and Carbine. While the light rifle had a 1.8 second kill time unscoped and a 1.3 kill time while scoped.

someone didn’t look at the video link.

> Nexy put a video up recently of the kill times for each of these weapons. If I remember correctly, it was 1.6 seconds for the BR, DMR, and Carbine. While the light rifle had a 1.8 second kill time unscoped and a 1.3 kill time while scoped.

Yes, that’s the video I linked in my post…

Light Rifle for sure. Ever since I saw it I wanted it to be mine. Although it takes slightly longer to kill, If I get the first shot I will be fine. Thanks for the video!

This slightly bothers me, why wouldn’t you pick the DMR over the BR? If you are a better shot the DMR is the obvious choice, but I don’t want to use the DMR… I want to use the BR >=( as;ldkjfdlkjghgjd

> This slightly bothers me, why wouldn’t you pick the DMR over the BR? If you are a better shot the DMR is the obvious choice, but I don’t want to use the DMR… I want to use the BR >=( as;ldkjfdlkjghgjd

If you miss once with the DMR, you’re screwed.

If you miss once with the BR, at least you have the 2 extra bullets tos swerve into the guy.

Hense why 343i said the DMR is a more long range weapon than the dmr.

> This slightly bothers me, why wouldn’t you pick the DMR over the BR? If you are a better shot the DMR is the obvious choice, but I don’t want to use the DMR… I want to use the BR >=( as;ldkjfdlkjghgjd

If you miss once with the DMR, you’re screwed.

If you miss once with the BR, at least you have the 2 extra bullets tos swerve into the guy.

Hense why 343i said the DMR is a more long range weapon than the BR.

> > This slightly bothers me, why wouldn’t you pick the DMR over the BR? If you are a better shot the DMR is the obvious choice, but I don’t want to use the DMR… I want to use the BR >=( as;ldkjfdlkjghgjd
>
> If you miss once with the DMR, you’re screwed.
>
> If you miss once with the BR, at least you have the 2 extra bullets tos swerve into the guy.
>
> Hense why 343i said the DMR is a more long range weapon than the BR.

I believe the bullets hit quicker than the H3 BR, also hitscan… going to be much easier to hit things.

Besides even if you hit 2 of the 3 bullets from the burst you still have to put another shot down to finish the kill, same difference if you miss your DMR shot entirely, gotta put another shot to finish the kill…

All of the above shoulda been an option, depending on map setup and which AA s I prefer I’ll probly be making use of all the loadout weapons, that said I’m really happy br and carbine are coming back.

Have they stated yet whether needle rifle would be in?

> > > This slightly bothers me, why wouldn’t you pick the DMR over the BR? If you are a better shot the DMR is the obvious choice, but I don’t want to use the DMR… I want to use the BR >=( as;ldkjfdlkjghgjd
> >
> > If you miss once with the DMR, you’re screwed.
> >
> > If you miss once with the BR, at least you have the 2 extra bullets tos swerve into the guy.
> >
> > Hense why 343i said the DMR is a more long range weapon than the BR.
>
> I believe the bullets hit quicker than the H3 BR, also hitscan… going to be much easier to hit things.
>
> Besides even if you hit 2 of the 3 bullets from the burst you still have to put another shot down to finish the kill, same difference if you miss your DMR shot entirely, gotta put another shot to finish the kill…

The BR is much easier to use though. The DMR in it’s current iteration has way less bloom and bullet magnetism than the Reach DMR, so I’d place it at about the difficulty if not harder to use in CQC to Mid-Range as the ZB DMR in Reach.

If you pick the BR and have even a decent strafe and aim, you can kill any DMR user in CQC unless they have god-like aim just because of the burst and ease of use.

The LR looks a bit too powerful when zoomed in Kill-Time Wise, but it is weaker out of scope, so it only looks overly powerful if you Firepower on, but ultimately it’ll probably get owned in CQC due to it’s lower kill time and will be hurt at long range as it’s knocked out of scope, UNLESS the rougue specialization is used, but even then you are using a slot that could be used for something better.

Light Rifle.

Looks balanced. Seen recent builds of the BR and the fire rate looks faster and it isn’t as outclassed as it once was.
BR and LR are my favourites.