Battle rifle or desegnated marksman rifle

I know this has been asked before but once again:

<mark>BR</mark> or <mark>DMR</mark> (or non of them) in Halo 4

BR

(make it more classic)

Hello

Scrap both make a new semi-auto unsc precision weapon that say if there are other unsc forces on the shield world say they have a new prototype and there you go. But if I had to chose DMR. I like semi over burst for precision weapons.

Br fits with canon.

BR is cooler in my opinion.

BR with an upgraded look. DMR, in my opinion, just sucks as a primary weapon. It doesn’t really feel natural unless you’re at a large distant. Now, a good example of single shot weapon is the Carbine, not the DMR.

None of them.

Let’s get a truly bad–Yoink- alien weapon like we got with the Carbine and the Needler Rifle.

BR

Why not both?

I would like to see a much increased armory size in H4

Check this BR/DMR concept art out!

Although DMR would need damage/ fire rate/ bloom tweeked in my opinion because the BR I believe made for much more enjoyable gameplay.

That we know of, all stocks of the M392 Designated Marksman Rifle were replaced by the various models of the BR55 battle rifle within the active-duty Fleet (Navy and Marine Corps for you land lubbers) and are only in service, primarily, with the Army. So it would only make sense that the Forward Unto Dawn is stocked with BR55 Mk.I and HB SR variants for their mission to the Ark.

I still don’t know why a rifle with the same round as the MA5 rifles did so much more damage, then again, gameplay has always taken a back seat to realism concerning weaponry. Either way, the BR55 is a far superior rifle.

It makes little difference to me, so long as that weapon is hitscan.

No paintball guns please; maps are not near big enough to justify leading shots.

How about the alpha-Halo 2 version? The one where scoped in, it would fire a single shot but unscoped would fire a 3-round burst.

The only thing is… One bullet strength = 3 bullets’ strength?

BR

The DMR (all bloom aside) is just too easy to land a 5 shot, literally anyone can do it, not everyone could 4/5 shot with the BR, but the DMR is too easy.

> How about the alpha-Halo 2 version? The one where scoped in, it would fire a single shot but unscoped would fire a 3-round burst.
>
> The only thing is… One bullet strength = 3 bullets’ strength?

I’ve pointed this out many times before, it doesn’t matter, as long as you can fire as fast as you can squeeze, you can fire off more rounds than burst.

DMR = skilled at long range, random at mid range.
BR = skilled at mid range, random at long range.

How about both?

> DMR = skilled at long range, random at mid range.
> BR = skilled at mid range, random at long range.
>
> How about both?

Canonically speaking, that’ll never happen. The Navy and Marine Corps haven’t used the M392 since the adoption of the HBSR in 2548, at least in the active duty forces.

The only way they can make the BR55 better is by making it extremely versatile at medium to medium-ish ranges as it would be in the books or realistically speaking, just a bit shy of penetrating the SRS99’s territory.

My vote is on something new

> BR
>
>
> (make it more classic)

I would like to see both, however, if the BR is in the game, it needs to be implemented to where it’s not the all-powerful weapon everyone uses no matter what as one of the weapons and then for the other- ‘x’ power weapon. This made all other weapons frustrating to use, and would ultimately fall the almighty BR no matter what. This should change.