Battle Pass Idea

My two cents for the Battle Pass.

The Battle Pass system needs to be more robust with more challenges other than the random challenges that are given.

One option is to have specific challenge categories that allow us to pick specific challenges or add in a challenge/champion system that also gives rewards.

-For example weapon specific challenges (head-shots, kills with certain weapons, using certain weapons in battle), battle specific challenges ( win matches, play gametypes, hold area or CTF), CQC challenges (melee kills, close range weapons) and so on. This would allow players the option to pick challenges based on how they play instead of changing the way they play to complete a challenge.

-Another option is have challenge tiers like silver, bronze, gold, platinum and onyx that we can select from and the tier will dictate the XP that you earn. You can even do Halo specific tiers like recruit, marine, odst, spartan and champion challenges with each tier getting progressively harder.

-One final thought is to have a challenge or champion system that runs concurrent with the Battle Pass, but has specific rewards as you unlock higher tiers and harder challenges with different rewards. For instance on day one the Battle Pass is rank 1 and the Challenge or Champion system is at recruit rank or silver rank. As you complete challenges the Battle Pass and challenge/champion rank level up, but there can be specific challenges that level up only the BP and specific challenges that level the challenge/champion system. This will allow players the opportunity to focus on something other than basic random challenges.

This would give the Battle Pass more depth with options for players who really want to go after rewards from both the Battle Pass and the challenge/champion system. This will also allow players to continue to unlock items and have incentive to play after completing the season pass. Most games fail in this department because when players finish the pass the have nothing left to earn, so population drops off. If Infinite had a challenge or champion system it will keep players engaged since they have more rewards to earn from completing challenges.

The Infinite Battle Pass should set itself apart from the generic Battle Pass template and be better than all other games instead of just like all games.

the last one does sound good, but the first and second sound a lot like H5 commendations, some of which were a pain in the spine.
I hope they put better rewards on the BP once the game is live on 12-8

> 2533274804066110;1:
> My two cents for the Battle Pass.
>
> The Battle Pass system needs to be more robust with more challenges other than the random challenges that are given.
>
> One option is to have specific challenge categories that allow us to pick specific challenges or add in a challenge/champion system that also gives rewards.
>
> -For example weapon specific challenges (head-shots, kills with certain weapons, using certain weapons in battle), battle specific challenges ( win matches, play gametypes, hold area or CTF), CQC challenges (melee kills, close range weapons) and so on. This would allow players the option to pick challenges based on how they play instead of changing the way they play to complete a challenge.
>
> -Another option is have challenge tiers like silver, bronze, gold, platinum and onyx that we can select from and the tier will dictate the XP that you earn. You can even do Halo specific tiers like recruit, marine, odst, spartan and champion challenges with the tier getting harder.
>
> -One final thought is to have a challenge or champion system that runs concurrent with the Battle Pass, but has specific rewards as you unlock higher tiers and harder challenges with different rewards. For instance on day one the Battle Pass is rank 1 and the Challenge or Champion system is at recruit rank or silver rank. As you complete challenges the Battle Pass and challenge/champion rank level up, but there can be specific challenges that level up only the BP and specific challenges that level the challenge/champion system. This will allow players the opportunity to focus on something other than basic random challenges.
>
> This would give the Battle Pass more depth with options for players who really want to go after rewards from both the Battle Pass and the challenge/champion system. This will also allow players to continue to unlock items and have incentive to play after completing the season pass. Most games fail in this department because when players finish the pass the have nothing left to earn, so population drops off. If Infinite had a challenge or champion system it will keep players engaged since they have more rewards to earn from completing challenges.
>
> The Infinite Battle Pass should set itself apart from the generic Battle Pass template and be better than all other games instead of just like all games.

Agreed! But maybe as we move up the tier system, it gets harder and harder to get to the next tier. So we take a page from destiny and add Xp buffs that you get when you get a certain number of theirs passed. Might be a stretch, but its an idea.

> 2535447248374093;3:
> > 2533274804066110;1:
> > My two cents for the Battle Pass.
> >
> > The Battle Pass system needs to be more robust with more challenges other than the random challenges that are given.
> >
> > One option is to have specific challenge categories that allow us to pick specific challenges or add in a challenge/champion system that also gives rewards.
> >
> > -For example weapon specific challenges (head-shots, kills with certain weapons, using certain weapons in battle), battle specific challenges ( win matches, play gametypes, hold area or CTF), CQC challenges (melee kills, close range weapons) and so on. This would allow players the option to pick challenges based on how they play instead of changing the way they play to complete a challenge.
> >
> > -Another option is have challenge tiers like silver, bronze, gold, platinum and onyx that we can select from and the tier will dictate the XP that you earn. You can even do Halo specific tiers like recruit, marine, odst, spartan and champion challenges with each tier getting progressively more difficult.
> >
> > -One final thought is to have a challenge or champion system that runs concurrent with the Battle Pass, but has specific rewards as you unlock higher tiers and harder challenges with different rewards. For instance on day one the Battle Pass is rank 1 and the Challenge or Champion system is at recruit rank or silver rank. As you complete challenges the Battle Pass and challenge/champion rank level up, but there can be specific challenges that level up only the BP and specific challenges that level the challenge/champion system. This will allow players the opportunity to focus on something other than basic random challenges.
> >
> > This would give the Battle Pass more depth with options for players who really want to go after rewards from both the Battle Pass and the challenge/champion system. This will also allow players to continue to unlock items and have incentive to play after completing the season pass. Most games fail in this department because when players finish the pass the have nothing left to earn, so population drops off. If Infinite had a challenge or champion system it will keep players engaged since they have more rewards to earn from completing challenges.
> >
> > The Infinite Battle Pass should set itself apart from the generic Battle Pass template and be better than all other games instead of just like all games.
>
> Agreed! But maybe as we move up the tier system, it gets harder and harder to get to the next tier. So we take a page from destiny and add Xp buffs that you get when you get a certain number of theirs passed. Might be a stretch, but its an idea.

I like that also! good idea!
I hope that 343 reads these ideas.

I wouldn’t mind some more long term challenges and goals to work towards on top of the daily/weekly.

I’d love to have to grind something that completely takes me out of my usual playstyle like 100 Plasma Pistol kills for example.

As a team capture 500 flags. Something like that should be a great thing to grind towards an Doesn’t encourage selfish play. Doesn’t need to be tied to EXP but could have armour coating unlocks for completing them and a special one for doing every challenge the game has to offer. This way more people might want to play more gametypes.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> I wouldn’t mind some more long term challenges and goals to work towards on top of the daily/weekly.
>
> I’d love to have to grind something that completely takes me out of my usual playstyle like 100 Plasma Pistol kills for example.
>
> As a team capture 500 flags. Something like that should be a great thing to grind towards an Doesn’t encourage selfish play. Doesn’t need to be tied to EXP but could have armour coating unlocks for completing them and a special one for doing every challenge the game has to offer. This way more people might want to play more gametypes.

Agree 100%.

That is what I would like to see instead of just mundane daily/ weekly challenges.

> 2533274921115718;2:
> the last one does sound good, but the first and second sound a lot like H5 commendations, some of which were a pain in the spine.
> I hope they put better rewards on the BP once the game is live on 12-8

Haha I agree some of the commendations did test my sanity, but I do like chasing them. I also hope that they are more rewards than what was shown.

> 2533274804066110;6:
> > 2533274801036271;5:
> >
>
> Agree 100%.
>
> That is what I would like to see instead of just mundane daily/ weekly challenges.

Some of their examples were pretty cool, like:

> - Knock an Enemy Spartan off the map with the Repulsor in PvP. - Kill an Enemy Driver of a moving vehicle with a Sniper Rifle in PvP

On the whole I’d agree most are pretty generic to perform a super basic action, or just play a game mode a few times. I don’t think they should be particularly difficult or anything, but would like to see a bit of ingenuity in there. Hopefully there are enough interesting ones mixed in with the basic ones to keep them feeling fresh and exciting. Give you something a little more out there to try and do, e.g using the grappling hook catch a falling oddball. Win a game with either the lowest or highest accuracy on your team, etc etc. Just something a little different I guess.

Agree…

I would also like to see seasonal challenges, which take longer but give higher XP.