Battle of Noctus Just Made Warzone Worse

I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t STAND the new Warzone Map Battle of Noctus. It’s too wide open and doesn’t have that big team feel that previous maps had. On top of that, I’ve found that vehicles are much too vulnerable and don’t have enough protection after being spawned. What do you guys think of Battle of Noctus?

Personally I have really enjoyed it. Typically I try to stay on catwalks or on the side walk, and I don’t feel too exposed. Vehicle combat plays well and feels fun because of the urban setting. Vehicles do seem vulnerable when spawning, which makes we wish that we could choose our vehicle spawn point.

It’s very sniper friendly I find. I’m not sure I like it as much as the others but I’ve only got it twice so far so I still need more time to figure out strategies for the bosses and layout. So I might update my opinion. Either way I’m grateful for an extra map in rotation as 3 was too low a number I feel.

I think its my favorite yet. Also I hope your not judging it because of a few bad first few games? Bc people tend to do that.

As someone who’s good at the game, it’s great. The team who dominates the Infantry will win every time and that’s why people don’t like it.

Not enough map movement

When 343 showed off Noctus what did you see? People jumping around taking cover behind cars and pelicans and using a variety of weapons, I was thinking “this isn’t going to happen at all is it?”

Release date comes, and everyones hiding in bases taking pot shots across the map with their long range BR and DMR’s. And I thought, “I knew this would happen” lol

Just check out my Spartan profile, I’d say I’m a good player. I’ve had more kills than deaths and have gotten 36 kills in a single arena game. I’ve won as many games in Battle of Noctus as I’ve lost. I’m growing on it a little bit, though. Still a bit on the edge.

> 2533274871929668;6:
> Not enough map movement
>
> When 343 showed off Noctus what did you see? People jumping around taking cover behind cars and pelicans and using a variety of weapons, I was thinking “this isn’t going to happen at all is it?”
>
> Release date comes, and everyones hiding in bases taking pot shots across the map with their long range BR and DMR’s. And I thought, “I knew this would happen” lol

Exactly the problem I have with Noctus, no matter where I go, what cover I take, it’s like the entire enemy team has me in their sights ready to pepper me with bullets from across the map. I hardly got to really explore the map, understand where things are because the entire map can be seen from the monument. It’s A.R.C but even worse.

> 2533274858053480;8:
> > 2533274871929668;6:
> > Not enough map movement
> >
> > When 343 showed off Noctus what did you see? People jumping around taking cover behind cars and pelicans and using a variety of weapons, I was thinking “this isn’t going to happen at all is it?”
> >
> > Release date comes, and everyones hiding in bases taking pot shots across the map with their long range BR and DMR’s. And I thought, “I knew this would happen” lol
>
>
> Exactly the problem I have with Noctus, no matter where I go, what cover I take, it’s like the entire enemy team has me in their sights ready to pepper me with bullets from across the map. I hardly got to really explore the map, understand where things are because the entire map can be seen from the monument. It’s A.R.C but even worse.

Exactly, ARK but with no cover. It’s a cool looking map imo, but it’s always feeling empty

I have to agree, the whole map seems bland and empty. It’s simply too big of a map for the mere amount of things in it. I don’t think 343 pulled off the map design that they originally intended it to be.

I love it personally. My biggest complaint is the use of Warden Eternal twice (very lazy), but otherwise I LOVE the numerous bosses and their diversity.

I agree that there is a lot of long distance shooting, but I have never found mobility to be problem. If you effectively use a combination of the man cannons and edges of the map, you can easily move from one side to the other without having to worry about getting killed by people sitting up in the monument and using their weapons. Personally I find it much easier to maneuver than in ARK. In ARK, the garage has a clear view of the armories and the only real means of moving towards the garage from those positions, which is a wide open stretch of desert. In Noctus, there’s plenty of cover on the routes towards the monument, and the boss spawns are easy to reach even from the non-central base. In addition, if you really hate having to move on foot on the map, the peripheral bases have the vehicle spawns rather than the central ones. Even if there isn’t a ton of vehicle cover, I’ve used scorpions to obliterate scopers from a distance with ease thanks to the pretty obvious locations from which they shoot.

It dominated by tanks and sniper fire, but I haven’t seen a shut out yet. That’s something I can’t say about any of the other maps. Arc is the worst in my opinion. I would say noctus is on par with stormbreak.

that’s why I ALWAYS spawn heavy vehicles at my home base

> 2535420373165854;10:
> I have to agree, the whole map seems bland and empty. It’s simply too big of a map for the mere amount of things in it. I don’t think 343 pulled off the map design that they originally intended it to be.

I personally don’t mind the large scale of it, but they have to add tall visual obstacles to obscure across the map LoS. Apex (Spire Center Point map) does this the best IMO due to the central base being inside a canyon like structure with tunnels to get around the area. There should’ve been skyscrapers/tall buildings dotted around the map to hide behind (maybe even inside?). But yeah the map definitely seemed bland, first time I played as I watched the intro cutscene the first thing I thought was that it hardly looks like a city, all the buildings are the same color, not much detail put on the structures.

by far the best map in Warzone IMO …i got very bored of the other maps really quick. I like maps the way noctus is designed

Love the map, just wish the -Yoinking!- thing was in Warzone Assault.

What annoys me is their is no assault variant.

I like Noctus, my only complain would be how easy it is to camp a sniper at the home bases. You can see the entire catwalk from your home base and it’s super easy to snipe in Halo 5 anyway.

> 2533274885506317;17:
> What annoys me is their is no assault variant.

They layout makes Assault maybe not so viable on it? That’s the only thing I can assume.

I’m a fan. I enjoy it so far.