Basic phaeton's req too high

This is not about the Phaeton Helios, but the basic 7 req one.

EDIT: After discussing with fellow Spartans, I would agree the basic phaeton is a very weak level 7 or a very strong level 6. Because it is a legendary vehicle, I think it should be a 6 req. As a req 7, it doesn’t have the presence of a legendary vehicle at all (think what a presence ONI and Hannibal tanks/Mantises have). As a 6 req, the basic phaeton would definitely be a feared vehicle at the top of its tier, similar to how a Helios is probably the most feared combat object in H5.

I’ve used all the reqs in halo 5 quite a bit, and I believe the basic phaeton is too high of a req. When compared to a banshee ultra, ONI scorpion, Hannibal Mantis, and SPNKr prime, the phaeton stands no chance. Especially without the lock on missiles (which the helios has), a banshee ultra just melts the phaeton. Honestly, hearing the phaeton noise only makes me nervous until I find out its a basic. An endgame, which is only 5 reqs, can easily obliterate a phaeton. Does anyone else think level 7 phaeton is a waste of reqs?

I’d even wager a banshee ultra could win a 3 on 1, and a helios like 4 or even 5 on 1.

> 2535453278998196;1:
> I’ve used all the reqs in halo 5 quite a bit, and I believe the basic phaeton is too high of a req. When compared to a banshee ultra, ONI scorpion, Hannibal Mantis, and SPNKr prime, the phaeton stands no chance. Especially without the lock on missiles (which the helios has), a banshee ultra just melts the phaeton. Honestly, hearing the phaeton noise only makes me nervous until I find out its a basic. An endgame, which is only 5 reqs, can easily obliterate a phaeton. Does anyone else think level 7 phaeton is a waste of reqs?

In a sense, yes, but I think it being a level six would be too OP. And there is no middle, so they have to keep it at 7.

> 2533274925370623;2:
> > 2535453278998196;1:
> > I’ve used all the reqs in halo 5 quite a bit, and I believe the basic phaeton is too high of a req. When compared to a banshee ultra, ONI scorpion, Hannibal Mantis, and SPNKr prime, the phaeton stands no chance. Especially without the lock on missiles (which the helios has), a banshee ultra just melts the phaeton. Honestly, hearing the phaeton noise only makes me nervous until I find out its a basic. An endgame, which is only 5 reqs, can easily obliterate a phaeton. Does anyone else think level 7 phaeton is a waste of reqs?
>
> In a sense, yes, but I think it being a level six would be too OP. And there is no middle, so they have to keep it at 7.

Maybe they could make it more durable, and have lock on missiles and/or more missiles, since 4 free flying isn’t very effective.

> 2535453278998196;3:
> > 2533274925370623;2:
> > > 2535453278998196;1:
> > > I’ve used all the reqs in halo 5 quite a bit, and I believe the basic phaeton is too high of a req. When compared to a banshee ultra, ONI scorpion, Hannibal Mantis, and SPNKr prime, the phaeton stands no chance. Especially without the lock on missiles (which the helios has), a banshee ultra just melts the phaeton. Honestly, hearing the phaeton noise only makes me nervous until I find out its a basic. An endgame, which is only 5 reqs, can easily obliterate a phaeton. Does anyone else think level 7 phaeton is a waste of reqs?
> >
> > In a sense, yes, but I think it being a level six would be too OP. And there is no middle, so they have to keep it at 7.
>
> Maybe they could make it more durable, and have lock on missiles and/or more missiles, since 4 free flying isn’t very effective.

There’s actually a glitch on WZFF, a phaeton with lock-on missiles and near invincibility. Takes place on round 4 on sanctum sometimes. You have to hijack it. Very effective for round 5.

I think the base Phaeton definitely needs an armour boost, it’s far too weak against even concentrated loudout fire. Myself and one or two teammates can send a Phaeton running with some DMR or BR fire, and not even with Kinetic Bolts. A railgun or two and an Endgame frankly is overkill. And the fact that it’s so rare a REQ to get as well makes the Phaeton feel really rather disappointing to use.

The Helios on the other hand, that thing is godly.

It sorta has tracking missiles, they just don’t track very well lol I propose moving it to a level 6 req for a few weeks and see how that turns out.

It is fine as is. No problem getting to that level.

> 2533274875982754;7:
> It is fine as is. No problem getting to that level.

Getting to level 7 is no problem, I can do it in less than 10 mins in WZ easy. I’m just saying, compared to other req 7 objects, the basic phaeton is junk

I think the basic phaeton fits at level six. It’s not OP at all. They are taken down very easily.

I’d be okay with moving the Phaeton down to level 6 and the Ultra/Temple Banshees up 1. The Phaeton cards aren’t as common so moving the level down isn’t going to drastically change gameplay. Moving the Banshees up though would make it a bit more competitive for the losing team.

They also dont drop often enough. I opened 150k worth of gold packs last week and didn’t get any

> 2533274794684102;11:
> They also dont drop often enough. I opened 150k worth of gold packs last week and didn’t get any

Yeah, I’d also argue ultras are too common for their combat abilities

The phaeton is supposed to be the super endgame vehicle that you grind for. As cool as it is, even in the hands of a skilled driver the plasma pistol brings the phaeton to its knees, and makes it suffer for ever existing. Same with the spartan laser.

I think the Helios should be immune to plasma pistols and REQ 9

> 2533274805640921;14:
> I think the Helios should be immune to plasma pistols and REQ 9

If you have Wheelman it’s pretty immune. If you have callouts and a teammate with a nornfang it tends to not be an issue :wink:

Or stay over the middle base

> 2533274847563380;13:
> The phaeton is supposed to be the super endgame vehicle that you grind for. As cool as it is, even in the hands of a skilled driver the plasma pistol brings the phaeton to its knees, and makes it suffer for ever existing. Same with the spartan laser.

Agreed. Nothing is more irritating than beating everyone to req 8, calling in a helios, and having some enemy call in a splasers or void’s tear and hide behind their shield door, popping shots. That’s where a bane or good sniper teammate comes in handy.

At least a helios can take a few endgame shots; a basic can’t at all

> 2535453278998196;15:
> > 2533274805640921;14:
> > I think the Helios should be immune to plasma pistols and REQ 9
>
> If you have Wheelman it’s pretty immune. If you have callouts and a teammate with a nornfang it tends to not be an issue :wink:
>
> Or stay over the middle base

Either way I never spawn Phateons in pvp lol

I’ve yet to be topped by any Banshee in Warzone. And Spartan Lasers are quite easy to avoid.

Sounds like to me you just need more practice using it.

I would be happy if the increased the red reticle range a bit.

> 2535455454559492;18:
> I’ve yet to be topped by any Banshee in Warzone. And Spartan Lasers are quite easy to avoid.
>
> Sounds like to me you just need more practice using it.

Sounds like you’ve never met a decent banshee pilot

And yes, splasers are easy to avoid with 1 maneuver, but after its used any decent player with an endgame will fry you.

I think you might need more experience than just one or two phaetons