Basic Competency Test

It’s not just this game, but FPS in general lately I find.

There really needs to be some kind of bare minimum standard testing that people are required to pass before being allowed into competitive MP.

That means actually being able to play the game, but also just basic stuff like awareness of your surroundings & team mates. I’m sick of running into games of Dominion where everyone just crowds at the one base expecting to win.

I would love that.

Too bad casuals = idiots = money.

> It’s not just this game, but FPS in general lately I find.
>
> There really needs to be some kind of bare minimum standard testing that people are required to pass before being allowed into competitive MP.
>
> That means actually being able to play the game, but also just basic stuff like awareness of your surroundings & team mates. I’m sick of running into games of Dominion where everyone just crowds at the one base expecting to win.

I’v been matched up with people who get into my warthog turret and shoot EVERYONE except the one person that is shooting at us.

> I’m sick of running into games of Dominion where everyone just crowds at the one base expecting to win.

They’re not doing that because they’re stupid and don’t realize it takes 2 bases to win.

They’re either:
A) Stat padding
B) Don’t believe the team is capable of taking a second base (Usually due to people REFUSING to communicate), so they don’t want to risk their KD trying to carry a bad team

Lol I can just imagine the message people would get for failing this test. “Sorry, we regret to inform you that you’re too stupid to play this game online. Please come back when your IQ is higher than room temperature.”

Kind of a Catch-22, isn’t it? Everyone LOVES playing against unskilled players, but hates when they’re on the same team.

Basic Training?