Base armour required for skins?

Firstly, I realize this has probably been both asked and answered before. Apologies for my poor searching skills.

Question is in title. Is it confirmed that we need the base armour unlocked in order to apply our preorder bonuses? A source would be appreciated, as I’ve seen both options argued on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve been wondering this too. I think it may not need to be unlocked. In the PAX video’s the armors and the armors w/ skins are separate.

Well, since the Armor pieces with skin applied seem to be seperate from just basic armor pieces, my guess is that you don’t have to unlock the helmet/chest to apply skin to it.

I made a thread about this the other day and only got one reply. I think we will unlock the skin variant of the armour with our codes, but not the default variant :slight_smile:

Think about the bonus ‘Reach’ Recon helmet variant. We were able to unlock and where that, but not the default Recon helmet.

I would like to see how the Prime skin looks on the Mark 6 armour.

Quick question, will we be getting all the Mark VI armour, or is it just the helmet?

> I would like to see how the Prime skin looks on the Mark 6 armour.
>
> Quick question, will we be getting all the Mark VI armour, or is it just the helmet?

Chest, shoulders and arms too :slight_smile: Not sure about legs…

> Chest, shoulders and arms too :slight_smile: Not sure about legs…

We’re getting the old chest back as well!?! That’s awesome, hate all the new designs.

Got a link to that at all?

Yes, its the full set of Mark VI, the chest looks wonderful, and so do the arms :). The armor has added Lighting to its plates like the Halo 3 version.

I will find you a few links to pictures of the Armor, give me a couple minutes if you would.

As far as the Pre-Order Bonuses and their skins, each armor piece is its own, you dont need to unlock anything in game to use the Pre-Order Bonuses, they are available soon as you boot the game up and put your codes in.

You will be able to create your own unique Spartan using different pieces of each Pre-Order Bonus set, skin, your not forced to wear the full armor set or such as they are all their own piece :).

> > Chest, shoulders and arms too :slight_smile: Not sure about legs…
>
> We’re getting the old chest back as well!?! That’s awesome, hate all the new designs.
>
> Got a link to that at all?

Here, is a wonderful thread by Benishroom.

It has a pictures of all armour perms, visors and some skins.

MKVI is second from the top :slight_smile:

And it appears there are MKVI legs!

> I would like to see how the Prime skin looks on the Mark 6 armour.
>
> Quick question, will we be getting all the Mark VI armour, or is it just the helmet?

you cant put skins on any armor, they are only for certain ones, eg: the prime skin is only for the recruit armor

Skins aren’t skins. They are there own armor set with modified detail patern. That my views on them anyway. You can’t call something skin when it is obviously not a skin the way it is treated in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel you are correct Imperium Alpha, they should of simply called them a Variant of a stock Armor Set, since Stock Armor has very minor detailing if any.

There has been to much confusion honestly over whether you get the actual armor or just a detailing lol since you do get the Armor Set in all reality, just with a different detailing than the original Armor Set.

> Skins aren’t skins. They are there own armor set with modified detail patern. That my views on them anyway. You can’t call something skin when it is obviously not a skin the way it is treated in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

So you can mix and match skinned armor? For example, could you use a Recruit - Prime helmet, but a normal Recruit chestpiece? Up until now I’ve assumed you put your spartan together, then laid one of your available skins over it. Now it just sounds like a armor variant, like the Recon versus the Hooded Recon helmet, in Reach.

> > Skins aren’t skins. They are there own armor set with modified detail patern. That my views on them anyway. You can’t call something skin when it is obviously not a skin the way it is treated in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> So you can mix and match skinned armor? For example, could you use a Recruit - Prime helmet, but a normal Recruit chestpiece? Up until now I’ve assumed you put your spartan together, then laid one of your available skins over it. Now it just sounds like a armor variant, like the Recon versus the Hooded Recon helmet, in Reach.

Correct. You can confirmed it by yourself by checking this video that shows each piece of “skin” as an individual piece to choose from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RoADd8gkzA

I thought there would be a Prime skin for all armours?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what they have to offer in terms of different skins.

Will they be doing DLC armour? If so I hope they do it like Epic did with Gears 3 where you got the different characters along with the map packs.

There seems to be quite a few options of skins between each armor, so there should be plenty for customization if people want to use the Skins. I will likely be using mostly default Armor pieces instead of the skinned versions myself.

I would not doubt there will be some sort of DLC Armor eventually, it all depends on the population of the game I would imagine and how much time they are going to take to come up with new concepts in down time.

As much as I would love to be able to use my skins from day 1 I don’t want to get my hopes up and end up being disappointed. So, just to make absolutely sure some one should probably ask bs angel or frankie or some else from 343 in order to get official confirmation. After all the PAX build was several months old when they showed it so they may have changed some things since then.

> As much as I would love to be able to use my skins from day 1 I don’t want to get my hopes up and end up being disappointed. So, just to make absolutely sure some one should probably ask bs angel or frankie or some else from 343 in order to get official confirmation. After all the PAX build was several months old when they showed it so they may have changed some things since then.

These are my thoughts as well. Hopefully addressed in bulletin, along with the WGMP news? :stuck_out_tongue:

OH sweet i hope so too, then i can wear web right off the bat :slight_smile: