Barcode Emblem Theory

Ever since I bought Halo 5, I have had a rather odd theory, and this is what it is: What happens if you try to scan the Barcode emblem in Halo 5? Does anyone know what happens, and if something DOES happen, please notify me! Is it just an emblem or is there more to it? (Cue The X-files music idk.)

I want to know about the QR code that appears in the billboard of the chief.!

…Scan it with what?

> 2533274953062698;2:
> I want to know about the QR code that appears in the billboard of the chief.!

I think the QR code takes you to Halo Waypoint, and the phone number on the Liang Dortmund injury billboard is 343’s.

> 2533274980149032;1:
> Ever since I bought Halo 5, I have had a rather odd theory, and this is what it is: What happens if you try to scan the Barcode emblem in Halo 5? Does anyone know what happens, and if something DOES happen, please notify me! Is it just an emblem or is there more to it? (Cue The X-files music idk.)

Lol, I wondered the same.
Nothing else to add to this discussion though.

I don’t think anything would happen. It’s probably not a real barcode.

> 2533274805075298;3:
> …Scan it with what?

A barcode reader…?
Edit: never mind

> 2533274971565732;6:
> I don’t think anything would happen. It’s probably not a real barcode.
>
>
> > 2533274805075298;3:
> > …Scan it with what?
>
> A barcode reader…?

I don’t think it looks like it has enough lines to even be real.

You could scan it with a smart phone.

Barcode scanners aren’t universal, so it’s unlikely that the emblem would amount to anything, unfortunately. For example, I was in a Sainsbury’s supermarket and I was curious what would happen if I scanned a water bottle I had from Asda. Well, the machine just said “Unknown item” and… crashed the system. To avoid getting into trouble, I power walked out of there in a flash :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274971565732;6:
> I don’t think anything would happen. It’s probably not a real barcode.
>
>
> > 2533274805075298;3:
> > …Scan it with what?
>
> A barcode reader…?

With all due respect I’m not sure you understand how Barcode readers work. They’ll give you an SKU in the system to confirm that item is verified for purchase / leaving the store. This is so that the manager and other inventory heads can know exactly what to order later.

This is also why Shoplifting is really bad. It isn’t just a lost profit, it screws with inventory management and can easily cost somebody their job.

So if you just take a barcode reader… You’re not gonna get anything special out of it. Or anything, really. A QR code however, would be worth trying out.

> 2533274849069111;8:
> Barcode scanners aren’t universal, so it’s unlikely that the emblem would amount to anything, unfortunately. For example, I was in a Sainsbury’s supermarket and I was curious what would happen if I scanned a water bottle I had from Asda. Well, the machine just said “Unknown item” and… crashed the system. To avoid getting into trouble, I power walked out of there in a flash :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not true. Barcodes are mostly universal, but if a store does not carry an item, it will not be in their inventory system thus the result you got.

Also, Captain Lackwit, there are numerous barcode/QR scanners in the Apple App Store that have nothing to do with inventory systems for a specific retailer. They allow people to scan any item and it brings you to an online search for finding prices of that item and where to buy it.

> 2533274832376620;10:
> > 2533274849069111;8:
> > Barcode scanners aren’t universal, so it’s unlikely that the emblem would amount to anything, unfortunately. For example, I was in a Sainsbury’s supermarket and I was curious what would happen if I scanned a water bottle I had from Asda. Well, the machine just said “Unknown item” and… crashed the system. To avoid getting into trouble, I power walked out of there in a flash :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> That’s not true. Barcodes are mostly universal, but if a store does not carry an item, it will not be in their inventory system thus the result you got.
>
> Also, Captain Lackwit, there are numerous barcode/QR scanners in the Apple App Store that have nothing to do with inventory systems for a specific retailer. They allow people to scan any item and it brings you to an online search for finding prices of that item and where to buy it.

Alright, let me reiterate for the sake of pedantics: barcodes are not universally read and accepted across multiple systems unless specifically added.

> 2533274849069111;11:
> > 2533274832376620;10:
> > > 2533274849069111;8:
> > >
>
> Alright, let me reiterate for the sake of pedantics: barcodes are not universally read and accepted across multiple systems unless specifically added.

True, but for the sake of what the OP was referring to, these apps search the Internet for the items with said barcode. So if the barcode was real in-game, a barcode reading app would have no issue pulling up whatever the barcode is linked to.

And DOES it have an issue Noble 29?

It unlocks a Mister Chief plushy on Genesis in the campaign. Kappa

It could just be a fake emblem, which i’m sure it is, or it could be a product off of 343’s store?

Tried scanning it with a QR scanner, which should have been able to scan Barcodes as well, nothing happened.

> 2533274859030709;16:
> Tried scanning it with a QR scanner, which should have been able to scan Barcodes as well, nothing happened.

I doubt you’d be able to scan it because its on a screen with other screen effects all around it. Try lowering the brightness or block out all light but the light you use to see and the barcode light on the screen.

> 2533274961587895;4:
> > 2533274953062698;2:
> > I want to know about the QR code that appears in the billboard of the chief.!
>
> I think the QR code takes you to Halo Waypoint, and the phone number on the Liang Dortmund injury billboard is 343’s.

Yea it takes you to Waypoint.

This is just my subjective opinion from looking at the emblem for like twenty seconds, but it doesn’t look too much like a barcode. Don’t they typically have more variety in the lines? This one looks more like a repeating pattern, so I would say it probably isn’t anything. Would be cool though.

> 2533274805075298;9:
> > 2533274971565732;6:
> > I don’t think anything would happen. It’s probably not a real barcode.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274805075298;3:
> > > …Scan it with what?
> >
> > A barcode reader…?
>
> With all due respect I’m not sure you understand how Barcode readers work. They’ll give you an SKU in the system to confirm that item is verified for purchase / leaving the store. This is so that the manager and other inventory heads can know exactly what to order later.
>
> This is also why Shoplifting is really bad. It isn’t just a lost profit, it screws with inventory management and can easily cost somebody their job.
>
> So if you just take a barcode reader… You’re not gonna get anything special out of it. Or anything, really. A QR code however, would be worth trying out.

lol exposed thx for filling us kn