Banshee overpowered

The banshee is overpowered and is as a result ruining BTB games. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want the banshee removed I just want the fuel rod cannon removed from it.

I think a longer recharge rate would be suffice, removing it would render the vehicle useless.

Except for the fact that the “banshee bomb” has been there since HCE. If the banshee were less maneuverable (no barrel rolls, etc), or the BB less powerful, that would probably cause a better balance.

The fuel rod cannon wasn’t present in H2 matchmaking and it was still effective. The banshee is harder to destroy/lock onto now than on any other halo game; it should offer air support and not complete dominance

> The fuel rod cannon wasn’t present in H2 matchmaking and it was still effective. The banshee is harder to destroy/lock onto now than on any other halo game; it should offer air support and not complete dominance

Exactly!

The Banshee has become more powerful and harder to take down in Reach to the point where it is game breaking. A good pilot can spawn kill your entire team for 2 minutes before he takes any significant damage and by that point the rest of his team has already set up to continue the spawn killing.

Nerfing the Banshee is a no brainer but how to do so is another story.

> > The fuel rod cannon wasn’t present in H2 matchmaking and it was still effective. The banshee is harder to destroy/lock onto now than on any other halo game; it should offer air support and not complete dominance
>
> Exactly!
>
> The Banshee has become more powerful and harder to take down in Reach to the point where it is game breaking. A good pilot can spawn kill your entire team for 2 minutes before he takes any significant damage and by that point the rest of his team has already set up to continue the spawn killing.
>
> Nerfing the Banshee is a no brainer but how to do so is another story.

If 8 people get themself in a position then NO ONE has any sort of weapon to counter a Banshee, then you deserve to get spawn killed.
And a banshee should already have loads of damage when it starts spawn camping.

If you see a banshee in the air and you are not directly engaged in an person to person ‘DMR duel’ then you should be shooting at it, with whatever you have.

It takes 2-3 DMR clips and 4-5 sniper bullets to take down a banshee.

Why are you people even complaining?

> > > The fuel rod cannon wasn’t present in H2 matchmaking and it was still effective. The banshee is harder to destroy/lock onto now than on any other halo game; it should offer air support and not complete dominance
> >
> > Exactly!
> >
> > The Banshee has become more powerful and harder to take down in Reach to the point where it is game breaking. A good pilot can spawn kill your entire team for 2 minutes before he takes any significant damage and by that point the rest of his team has already set up to continue the spawn killing.
> >
> > Nerfing the Banshee is a no brainer but how to do so is another story.
>
> If 8 people get themself in a position then NO ONE has any sort of weapon to counter a Banshee, then you deserve to get spawn killed.
> And a banshee should already have loads of damage when it starts spawn camping.
>
> If you see a banshee in the air and you are not directly engaged in an person to person ‘DMR duel’ then you should be shooting at it, with whatever you have.
>
> It takes 2-3 DMR clips and 4-5 sniper bullets to take down a banshee.
>
>
>
> Why are you people even complaining?

I can see your clearly one of those people who sprints straight for the damn thing
I

> > > > The fuel rod cannon wasn’t present in H2 matchmaking and it was still effective. The banshee is harder to destroy/lock onto now than on any other halo game; it should offer air support and not complete dominance
> > >
> > > Exactly!
> > >
> > > The Banshee has become more powerful and harder to take down in Reach to the point where it is game breaking. A good pilot can spawn kill your entire team for 2 minutes before he takes any significant damage and by that point the rest of his team has already set up to continue the spawn killing.
> > >
> > > Nerfing the Banshee is a no brainer but how to do so is another story.
> >
> > If 8 people get themself in a position then NO ONE has any sort of weapon to counter a Banshee, then you deserve to get spawn killed.
> > And a banshee should already have loads of damage when it starts spawn camping.
> >
> > If you see a banshee in the air and you are not directly engaged in an person to person ‘DMR duel’ then you should be shooting at it, with whatever you have.
> >
> > It takes 2-3 DMR clips and 4-5 sniper bullets to take down a banshee.
> >
> >
> >
> > Why are you people even complaining?
>
>
>
> I can see your clearly one of those people who sprints straight for the damn thing
> I

Wrong kid, go check my stats before you even make stupid statements.
I have 170 kills with the banshee bomb and 28 with the banshee,…on 1700 competitive games.
I have more grenade launcher kills then banshee kills.

I’m clearly one of those people who knows how to play and always shoots the damn thing down.
I love ending people’s spree’s who are in a scorpion, banshee or camping hard with the sniper.

> > > The fuel rod cannon wasn’t present in H2 matchmaking and it was still effective. The banshee is harder to destroy/lock onto now than on any other halo game; it should offer air support and not complete dominance
> >
> > Exactly!
> >
> > The Banshee has become more powerful and harder to take down in Reach to the point where it is game breaking. A good pilot can spawn kill your entire team for 2 minutes before he takes any significant damage and by that point the rest of his team has already set up to continue the spawn killing.
> >
> > Nerfing the Banshee is a no brainer but how to do so is another story.
>
> If 8 people get themself in a position then NO ONE has any sort of weapon to counter a Banshee, then you deserve to get spawn killed.
> And a banshee should already have loads of damage when it starts spawn camping.
>
> If you see a banshee in the air and you are not directly engaged in an person to person ‘DMR duel’ then you should be shooting at it, with whatever you have.
>
> It takes 2-3 DMR clips and 4-5 sniper bullets to take down a banshee.
>
>
>
> Why are you people even complaining?

1)You must be out of your mind if you don’t find issue with the banshee being too powerful.
2)You must have never encountered a great banshee pilot. I guarantee you that you will be helpless when facing against such opposition.
3)Unless you are playing with a large party every game there is no way you have never encountered banshee abuse.

If you’re talking about Reach, all the vehicles are like plastic.

Agreed.

Here’s my fix, I would love to hear what people think:

-Have flips and tricks take up 1/3 the boost bar.
-Nerf the radius of the Banshee bomb
-Buff the shields
-Buff the primary weapons.

I think that would make it balanced.

The bomb is fine, the problem is the insane dodging ability. You should be able to dodge at most twice before a cooldown period. Right now you basically cannot get a lock on the banshee with rockets or plasma fun launcher at all, and good luck gettings randoms to teamshot it.

Ive seen one good banshee vitising destruction upon my entire team for the whole game, whilst the rest of the other team sit in the base and play cards.

removing the fuel rod, or tweaking it, would take another TU.

i do agree we need another TU, and that this is an issue, however.

this being said, the best solution, currently, is to either SPAM THE HECK out of SPARTAN LASER spawns, or REMOVE BANSHEES ALTOGETHER.

> removing the fuel rod, or tweaking it, would take another TU.
>
> i do agree we need another TU, and that this is an issue, however.
>
> this being said, the best solution, currently, is to either SPAM THE HECK out of SPARTAN LASER spawns, or REMOVE BANSHEES ALTOGETHER.

I thought the OP banshee was something that was very obvious yet it was not addressed by the TU.

LOL Fail

> > removing the fuel rod, or tweaking it, would take another TU.
> >
> > i do agree we need another TU, and that this is an issue, however.
> >
> > this being said, the best solution, currently, is to either SPAM THE HECK out of SPARTAN LASER spawns, or REMOVE BANSHEES ALTOGETHER.
>
> I thought the OP banshee was something that was very obvious yet it was not addressed by the TU.
>
> LOL Fail

Agreed. Along with the Gauss Hog shooting through forge objects glitch and, in my personal opinion, the Sniper completely wrecking vehicles.

I understand if 343i can’t fix some of these things because of the way the game was coded that it could lead to more potential problems, but at least inform us if that is the case.

I think it’s worse if they are acting like the problem doesn’t exist than addressing it and acknowledging that maybe it cannot be fixed or they don’t have the resources to do it.

The Banshee needs:

-smaller splash damage radius from fuel rod
-flips to factor into the boost-ability bar

So remove the banshee. Problem solved.

> > > removing the fuel rod, or tweaking it, would take another TU.
> > >
> > > i do agree we need another TU, and that this is an issue, however.
> > >
> > > this being said, the best solution, currently, is to either SPAM THE HECK out of SPARTAN LASER spawns, or REMOVE BANSHEES ALTOGETHER.
> >
> > I thought the OP banshee was something that was very obvious yet it was not addressed by the TU.
> >
> > LOL Fail
>
> Agreed. Along with the Gauss Hog shooting through forge objects glitch and, in my personal opinion, the Sniper completely wrecking vehicles.
>
> I understand if 343i can’t fix some of these things because of the way the game was coded that it could lead to more potential problems, but at least inform us if that is the case.
>
> I think it’s worse if they are acting like the problem doesn’t exist than addressing it and acknowledging that maybe it cannot be fixed or they don’t have the resources to do it.

WAIT, WAIT…the banshee is overpowered but you’re going to complain that the sniper wrecks vehicles…

I have this really really stupid idea that you should try.

First, get in the banshee yourself = solves your banshee problem.
Second, if you don’t get the banshee, get the sniper rifle, spartan laser, rocket launcher, plasma launcher, grenade launcher,…or if you want to be really pro (like me) the PLASMA PISTOL + stickies and shoot the banshee down = also, solves your banshee problem.

> WAIT, WAIT…the banshee is overpowered but you’re going to complain that the sniper wrecks vehicles…

This is actually correct, bizarre as it sounds. Banshee is both underpowered and hilariously overpowered at the same time. It has that devastating banshee bomb with insane kill range, and yet it takes noticeable damage from your starting weapon, something unprecedented in the series, with any vehicle.

It’s all out of whack. Just kinda shows how bad Bungie bombed while putting together Reach’s sandbox.

> > WAIT, WAIT…the banshee is overpowered but you’re going to complain that the sniper wrecks vehicles…
>
> This is actually correct, bizarre as it sounds. Banshee is both underpowered and hilariously overpowered at the same time. It has that devastating banshee bomb with insane kill range, and yet it takes noticeable damage from your starting weapon, something unprecedented in the series, with any vehicle.
>
> It’s all out of whack. Just kinda shows how bad Bungie bombed while putting together Reach’s sandbox.

Not really, they just made the banshee more effectively.
In Halo 3, most people splattered ground troops, cant do that anymore with armor lock.
They make you switch between bomb and cannons instead of being able to control both at once, which is a delay in fire power.

The banshee is a power up, it makes you alot stronger to kill, but it also makes you alot weaker and exposed.

Now the first person to say “it has infinite roll, its impossible to shoot” should stick to fire fight instead of matchmaking.
If you cant predict where the banshee will be at the end of a roll, then you have no skill what-so-ever.
If you’re going to complain that the banshee shoots you before you get 4 sniper shots off, learn to position yourself before attacking, don’t start shooting it while standing in an open area on a pile of fusion coils, okay?