Banshee Glitch on Instillation 04

So, after playing the new Firefight map Instillation 04 quite a bit now (Probably around 50+ games), I’ve come across an annoying and persistent glitch.

The Banshees are horribly inconsistent when it comes to cR and points per kill.

Here is a description of the glitch-

One game, I destroy a Banshee and it is worth 648ish points and I get around +10 cR for it. It counts towards my Grounded commendation, and all is well.

Then the next game (Or even in the same game) I destroy a Banshee and it is only worth 2cR, similar if not identical to destroying a dropship turret. I also believe it doesn’t count towards the Grounded commendation.

So, why is this happening? Is it happening to anyone else? Am I doing it wrong? lol

Here’s how it works. The things that can kill a banshee and be counted towards your Grounded commendation are a sticky, a laser, a rocket, a fuel rod and a sniper. Shooting it with a turret, your dmr will not count towards your commendation. You basically have to blow it up in one shot.

However in 2x score attack sniping the banshee will not count. But everything else I listed will. Say you are playing on Holdout or the new map. If you get a laser then use it. It’s the best weapon for killing the banshee. If you don’t get a laser then you can always jetpack up to the banshee and stick or blast it with a fuel rod. And that’s how you get them to count towards Grounded

^^ This

You have to make sure you kill the vehicle, not just the pilot. When you play 2X and you use the sniper, you’ll actually kill the pilot but not the vehicle. It just looks like you got the vehicle because, after the pilot dies, the vehicle blows up because there’s nobody in it. So, to be sure, you have to hit it with enough damage at once to get the vehicle itself. Plasma launcher also works, as does the target designator. I personally enjoy timing it right and bombing the banshee out of the sky with an airstrike.

This isn’t specific to Installation 04 either, as any firefight map with a banshee will be like this.

EMPs also work. If you can freeze a Banshee and it falls to its death, it’ll count. The GL is the best weapon for this since you can time the EMP. If you use the PP, the Banshee will dickishly “Do a barrel roll!”

> Here’s how it works. The things that can kill a banshee and be counted towards your Grounded commendation are a sticky, a laser, a rocket, a fuel rod and a sniper. Shooting it with a turret, your dmr will not count towards your commendation. You basically have to blow it up in one shot.
>
> However in 2x score attack sniping the banshee will not count. But everything else I listed will. Say you are playing on Holdout or the new map. If you get a laser then use it. It’s the best weapon for killing the banshee. If you don’t get a laser then you can always jetpack up to the banshee and stick or blast it with a fuel rod. And that’s how you get them to count towards Grounded

I agree with most everything you say, except I know that a turret will usually work in Arcade, Sniper Attack, Rocket Attack, and FRG Attack, where the damage is 1.5x. In 2x Score Attack with 2x damage, the turret will not work. I’m not sure about the DMR.

My preference for Banshee kills is Sniper Attack, where the Sniper does work. As you say, the Sniper ceases to work with 2x damage.

> I agree with most everything you say, except I know that a turret will usually work in Arcade, Sniper Attack, Rocket Attack, and FRG Attack, where the damage is 1.5x. In 2x Score Attack with 2x damage, the turret will not work. I’m not sure about the DMR.
>
> My preference for Banshee kills is Sniper Attack, where the Sniper does work. As you say, the Sniper ceases to work with 2x damage.

True, It’s a hit and miss for you me when it comes to turrets on ArcadeFight. I will usuallys snipe or rocket them instead.