Banshee Evade upward dodge

So in halo 2 and 3 I was a wicked pilot and LOVED to fly Banshees, even now I am a decent pilot but when in a dogfight with another player, something that kind of irks me is the upward dodge. It is kind of disorienting and absolutely ridiculous. Why does the banshee move so stupid fast like that for only a moment, why can’t movement speed like that be matched even by a boosting Temple Banshee? I know I’m not the only one thinking the same thing, especially when there are other players watching a PHAT loop being made in the air, completely undamaged even when they hit a wall at such speed, or just looking like it is glitching when it is spinning indoors by exploiters who know how broken the upward dodge is hat they can use it to ram everyone without risk of being touched by a skyjacker (unless it’s me of course by some players I’ve seen doing things that can’t be said because truth is scary to tyrants, but that is a maybe story for another day).
I remember in Halo 2 how graceful the dodge was, it could be the same in Halo 5, but why isn’t it? Was the grace of the dodge copywritten somehow so it can’t be used by 343? It could still be immune to lock-on with the dodge too. What am I missing?
How many others think the same? How many disagree? I want to hear everyone’s truest, not-G-Po opinion on it. I know updates aren’t really likely anymore, but this would fix the only issue that the banshee really has. The Banshee is my lady, put the class back in dat sassafrass please. And if there WAS a good reason, I would like to hear it without lockdown happening so a fair dialogue can actually happen. (like a forum should)

Unfortunately OP, I don’t use banshees very much but I agree that the back-flip looks pretty ridiculous. Perhaps this “graceful” dodge is on your Halo Infinite wish list?

Ha…and here I’ve been thinking that brief instant of wonkiness in the flip was solely because I suck with banshees. Glad to see more capable pilots get thrown off by this too.

Are you talking about the speed boost that you get when doing a flip? Most good pilots use that to their advantage since it can make the Banshee bomb move faster and make it harder to hit them.

I think is because all vehicles, including the banshee, are much easier to destroy compared to classic games. That could be the reason why the flip and barrel roll are much faster then in Halo 2.

Compared to other halo games lets say Halo 4 the obvious differences besides new designs/ models.

Scorpion gets more velocity on tank shot, but not hit scan but still good. In Halo 4 it slowed quite a lot and the shot arc.
Warthog remains unchanged.
Mantis- Shields don’t take 10 seconds to recharge and is much faster but shield strength is lowered, and missiles have lower velocity and cannot be fired all at once.
Wraith I believe it boosts further and slightly more mobile.
Ghost remains unchanged.
Mongoose is the same.

Now is the best part for Banshee just to show how overpowered they are compared to Halo 4.

-Banshee gains shield
-Banshee loop to loop is approximately 4 times the distance and 4 times the speed which is what the OP described as upward dodge. They kept the time of the animation the same but since they made the loop bigger it has to have more speed. Not sure about sideways barrel rolls.
-Banshee has no evade cooldown, which was later removed to be like other Halo games.
-Banshee gains moderate tracking on fuel rod cannon.

Bonus, no other vehicle has variants for top tier at 200% armour. Tanks are at 150% for ONI, temple Wraith and Wraith Ultra. Others make at 177% (Warthog), 175% ghost. Phaeton Helios is only 125% armour. Mantis for ONI I think is around 166%.

Clearly the Banshee was made to be overpowered in Halo 5 with Ultra having fire rate which it should not have when you compare differences between Temple and Ultra variants.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Even look up halo 4 banshee animation to confirm.

> 2533274823470699;2:
> Unfortunately OP, I don’t use banshees very much but I agree that the back-flip looks pretty ridiculous. Perhaps this “graceful” dodge is on your Halo Infinite wish list?

I will certainly do that now, think you very much

> 2727626560040591;4:
> Are you talking about the speed boost that you get when doing a flip? Most good pilots use that to their advantage since it can make the Banshee bomb move faster and make it harder to hit them.

That argument is rash, if a weapon gave god mode it would be BS, but people could say “Most good players use it to charge”. Yea they could but that doesn’t necessarily mean the roll isn’t bullspit

> 2533274967369999;6:
> Compared to other halo games lets say Halo 4 the obvious differences besides new designs/ models.
>
> Scorpion gets more velocity on tank shot, but not hit scan but still good. In Halo 4 it slowed quite a lot and the shot arc.
> Warthog remains unchanged.
> Mantis- Shields don’t take 10 seconds to recharge and is much faster but shield strength is lowered, and missiles have lower velocity and cannot be fired all at once.
> Wraith I believe it boosts further and slightly more mobile.
> Ghost remains unchanged.
> Mongoose is the same.
>
> Now is the best part for Banshee just to show how overpowered they are compared to Halo 4.
>
> -Banshee gains shield
> -Banshee loop to loop is approximately 4 times the distance and 4 times the speed which is what the OP described as upward dodge. They kept the time of the animation the same but since they made the loop bigger it has to have more speed. Not sure about sideways barrel rolls.
> -Banshee has no evade cooldown, which was later removed to be like other Halo games.
> -Banshee gains moderate tracking on fuel rod cannon.
>
> Bonus, no other vehicle has variants for top tier at 200% armour. Tanks are at 150% for ONI, temple Wraith and Wraith Ultra. Others make at 177% (Warthog), 175% ghost. Phaeton Helios is only 125% armour. Mantis for ONI I think is around 166%.
>
> Clearly the Banshee was made to be overpowered in Halo 5 with Ultra having fire rate which it should not have when you compare differences between Temple and Ultra variants.

THANK YOU, OH MY GOD THANK YOU. Also I thought all top tier variants were 150% (I call BS on Helios though, Where 1 Spartan laser shothas destroyed me from a normal, I have crit-shot a Helios with Selene’s Lance and it is but a scratch)

Future reference, if I were to make this 3 separate comments for each quote for readability, would it be considered spammy? Is this the wrong way to reply?

Oh and I forgot Banshee and Phaeton has 27.5% damage reduction from standard weapons (carbine, Storm rifle, light rifle, suppressor and bolt shot, and whispered truth and CE pistol).
Phaeton it needs it cause it’s weak spot takes 5x damage from such weapons, but Banshee doesn’t. I mean it’s messed up that it takes roughly the same amount of DMR shots to down a Banshee ultra as a regular Wraith.
And Banshee has the least exposed and least Crit multiplayer weak spot, with Warthog and Mongoose harder. For reference scorpion and wraith take 3.5x and 3x time damage from their weak spots while Banshee is so tiny and of little reward of 1.5x (wing joints) and a handprint at the back for 2x.

> 2533274957051696;8:
> > 2533274823470699;2:
> >
>
> Future reference, if I were to make this 3 separate comments for each quote for readability, would it be considered spammy? Is this the wrong way to reply?

No, this is the correct format in which to reply to multiple people.

> 2533274894985914;10:
> > 2533274957051696;8:
> > > 2533274823470699;2:
> > >
> >
> > future reference, if I were to make this 3 separate comments for each quote for readability, would it be considered spammy? Is this the wrong way to reply?
>
> No, this is the correct format in which to reply to multiple people.

I did not ever think to remove text from the quote, thank you for this.

> 2533274967369999;9:
> Oh and I forgot Banshee and Phaeton has 27.5% damage reduction from standard weapons (carbine, Storm rifle, light rifle, suppressor and bolt shot, and whispered truth and CE pistol).
> Phaeton it needs it cause it’s weak spot takes 5x damage from such weapons, but Banshee doesn’t. I mean it’s messed up that it takes roughly the same amount of DMR shots to down a Banshee ultra as a regular Wraith.
> And Banshee has the least exposed and least Crit multiplayer weak spot, with Warthog and Mongoose harder. For reference scorpion and wraith take 3.5x and 3x time damage from their weak spots while Banshee is so tiny and of little reward of 1.5x (wing joints) and a handprint at the back for 2x.

Sources please. Someone should get Aozolai on this, that guy is a friggin wizard at stats

Yeah Aozolai videos had me do my own testing to see exactly how much armour it was and I spawned all the vehicles in forge to test their vehicle damage and the damage they took from different weapons. Weak spots were from some other video I saw.