Banned from using voice online

I’m a pretty big troll some times i will admit to that. But when i am in gamechat on halo4 I’m using call outs to other team mates with mics. I don’t understand why I was put on this ban. I am compeditive and use call outs and feel like i’m being mistaken for breaking some code of conduct.

You know, u can bypass them…I do it all the time. i can break through bans easily. unfortunately, u have to do it through the computer.

Err great advice Rojas… just break through bans :L

Apparantly the auto voice bans are caused by a lot of people muting you in-game, not necessarily because you troll or whatever, just because people mute anyone causing noise. It’s rubbish now, no one wants to plug in their mic and congregate like they did when Halo 3 first came about.

Just try and talk to a mod if you could and contest your ban maybe? If not just wait it out :confused:

> Err great advice Rojas… just break through bans :L
>
> Apparantly the auto voice bans are caused by a lot of people muting you in-game, not necessarily because you troll or whatever, just because people mute anyone causing noise. It’s rubbish now, no one wants to plug in their mic and congregate like they did when Halo 3 first came about.
>
> Just try and talk to a mod if you could and contest your ban maybe? If not just wait it out :confused:

Well, to get to a user, its hard, b/c you got to go through a process. I do this for a living. I work with networks and i know how to get around things. its my job. Thats why i said, i can bypass certain bans. You just need to understand a lot of stuff.

@Rojas

I’m not saying you can’t do it… it’s just not exactly a good thing to do. If you’re bypassing bans then you are doing something wrong and a voice ban can quickly change into something more then :L

> @Rojas
>
> I’m not saying you can’t do it… it’s just not exactly a good thing to do. If you’re bypassing bans then you are doing something wrong and a voice ban can quickly change into something more then :L

Well, it can be true, but if you were banned unlawfully, then i would bypass it. personally, when i see a ban, i investigate the issue and if it was done illegaly, then it stays, but if it wasn’t, then bypassing is needed

I was banned this week myself, first time for everything. I talk trash, that’s undeniable. I am also one of the biggest team players out there as far as im concerned and voice is essential to that.

but what I wonder, is when a competitive online multiplayer already has maybe 10% mic use from those playing (from what I see) you think you would do less to discourage this.

If someone doesn’t like it they can mute you, it’s as simple as that. why not allow the individual to choose what they hear rather than come in and play parent.

This isn’t an issue of game manipulation or boosting, which one can argue can effect others experience. It is true that listing to someone call you a -Yoink- or telling you to drive the warthog away from the -Yoinking!- tank, could potentially reduce your enjoyment, but they have the power themselves, unlike with boosting/cheating/afking, to do something about it.

My suggestion, lay off the voice ban a bit, its already bad enough no one wants to talk, don’t punish the few who do, just let the people who don’t want to hear it mute people on their own. It’s a mature game, let them handle it on their own like adults.

poor idiot

so i don’t use a mic or really talk to anyone online i just go on play a few rounds and get off. why was i banned from voice online it doesnt make sense i could really care less my concern is if it happens over and over again will i get banned from online eventually or is there nothing to worry about i don’t know if maybe my kinect is picking up noise and people keep muteing me or what i just on’t want te get banned for something stupid like because my kinect is talking trash pretty much.

> poor idiot

Self description? Here I fixed it for you.

> <<<<< <-poor idiot

How do i talk to a moderator about lifting a ban its says i have been banned for 1 week from using voice online and it has been longer than a week and the ban is still there. Also i dont trash talk or anything just use callouts there is noway this is a legitimate ban.

xbox live party chat > 343 mic ban.

although i’ve never been voice banned.

Ya I didn’t play halo 4 for a few months, came back and was banned from voice online. I was in an xbox live party the whole time. If you can be banned for being in a live party that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I mean what are they thinking? hmm he isn’t talking to people in the game so I’m going to make it so he cant!

If you were voice banned it’s because people muted you enough times to trip the auto mute. That’s not a 343 feature, that’s a MS feature.