Banned from matchmaking for quitting 1 Match?

So i just got a matchmaking ban for leaving ONE game?! This was on the heels of being in multiple games where my teammates left me. How do you get a ban for that? If everyone on my team reported me for leaving does that qualify for a ban for just leaving one game? I am honestly confused and irritated.

I quit often and have never been banned because I don’t quite many games in a row or a lot in a short amount of time. I used to never quit, but now the lag is just unbearable often and when that happens I quit. Or if all my teammates leave then I quit. So worst case wait an hour and your ban will be lifted, but just quitting one game will not get you banned.

According to your Service Record, you have finished left 5 of you last 10 games. After looking at each game it seems you have been at the hand of 3 Waypoint mishaps (occurs regularly though not as often as 3 in 10 games…) in which everybody in the lobby gets a “DNF”/quit. The fourth game I can only assume you got JIP and quit or backed out last minute in a pre-game lobby (by accepting a game invite or something) which is understandable and makes sense why you finished with 0 kills and 0 deaths.

Are you sure the ban is for quitting though? If so I recall getting one in Reach (my connection was awful and would disconnect regularly) and the wait wasn’t that long. It was an hour at most. Regardless the ban sucks and is yet another example as to how banning sucks in this game. I’ve seen players with more incomplete games than games…

> According to your Service Record, you have finished left 5 of you last 10 games. After looking at each game it seems you have been at the hand of 3 Waypoint mishaps (occurs regularly though not as often as 3 in 10 games…) in which everybody in the lobby gets a “DNF”/quit. The fourth game I can only assume you got JIP and quit or backed out last minute in a pre-game lobby (by accepting a game invite or something) which is understandable and makes sense why you finished with 0 kills and 0 deaths.
>
> Are you sure the ban is for quitting though? If so I recall getting one in Reach (my connection was awful and would disconnect regularly) and the wait wasn’t that long. It was an hour at most. Regardless the ban sucks and is yet another example as to how banning sucks in this game. I’ve seen players with more incomplete games than games…

This needs to be fixed.
Many innocent players are being condemned for mishaps on waypoint’s part.
I, however, rage quit too often and it is wrong…

I got my first ban the other day and had to wait for an hour. I have noticed on Waypoint that it counts some of my matches as DNFs even though I never quit. I even had a match once that counted everyone who played it as DNFing. I’m also having an issue where it’s not recording my matches at all. Something’s got to be fixed.

I believe there is some kind of timeout on host selection after black screen. Lately I have had quite a few matches just end in the middle of the match after the host leaves and it can’t find a new host and the game just ends. They may count that as a DNF for everybody and count towards a quit ban.

If you quit games quickly on a row, your account will not be able to play for 1 hour.