Banned From Halo 4 Permanetly

I got the game for my birthday around march 30th. Paid 75$ for the game. Played it for a week or two, and I got banned because my friend modded my service tag without my permission. Did not use any mods for game play or anything else. All he did was put my name which is josh but added a $ as the “S” in my name & I came back and i had a message saying that I was permanetly banned from halo 4 on my xbox live account and counsel .

my gamer tag is XICANMURKX

Pretty ridiculous reason to get perma-banned. Grab a hold of a 343 employee…and maybe a Microsoft employee too.

I’d suggest getting better friends. He or she shouldn’t have done that but it is still against Xbox Live’s T&C’s so you’ll have to wear it I’m afraid.

Also, for reference:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst206021_Halo-4-Ban-FAQ.aspx

Get better friends.

> I shouldn’t be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must’ve logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?
>
> If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> > I shouldn’t be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must’ve logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?
> >
> > If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

“We already have your money so your opinion means nothing to us.”

Good to know.

>

Or not. :confused:

More like- “Sorry, but you could be completely BS-ing us right now and there’s no way to tell.”

If the system was different any cheater with a sob-story could elude justice.

And OP, If I were you I’d have your friend replace the banned goods. It’s only fair.

>

No, that’s the ToS. You don’t own microsoft’s servers. They don’t approve of modding on any level. They don’t have the manpower or the time to handle cases like this.

It’s your fault predominantly.

Get your friend/brother to get you a new box.

“Friend”

> > > I shouldn’t be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must’ve logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?
> > >
> > > If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

The account violated the rules, it has to be punished, like it or not, what I get from this is you approve of modding

Sucks for you, bro.

> > > I shouldn’t be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must’ve logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?
> > >
> > > If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

Actually it translates as “Your account is still under your control and if your friend does anything to it it’s your own fault.

And that my friend, is good to know.

I think there is more to this story that is not being told…

> I think there is more to this story that is not being told…

Quite possibly. That’s the problem with the Internet.

its against the terms of service which you agreed to so you are stuck with it. hope you enjoy campaign solo more than i did.

next time dont trust your friends with your stuff. its password protected for a reason.

> its against the terms of service which you agreed to so you are stuck with it. hope you enjoy campaign solo.
>
> next time dont trust your friends with your stuff.

No need to be rude, also what’s wrong with Campaign solo? He said he was banned from Halo 4, OP if you want to play Halo I suggest Reach

I believe you can get 3 Halo games on Amazon for about 60$ and free shipping. Halo CEA and Reach could be good. Or ODST and 3.

Definately try to get your friend to remburse you though.

> > its against the terms of service which you agreed to so you are stuck with it. hope you enjoy campaign solo.
> >
> > next time dont trust your friends with your stuff.
>
> No need to be rude, also what’s wrong with Campaign solo? He said he was banned from Halo 4, OP if you want to play Halo I suggest Reach

not trying to be rude, i realized it sounded that way as soon as i posted it. i edited it right after.

nothing wrong with campaign i just didnt like it. thats why i said i hope he does (i mean it not trying to be mean) since if i was banned i would be ticked since i didnt like the campaign.

and again i would say dont trust friends with anything like this. you take the fall not them. you should try to get him to pay you back.