Banned from earning XP?!?!?

What is the deal with this and how long am I banned from earning XP? If I did something wrong in the game give me a warning first saying something to the affect of “STOP cheating this will get your account banned!!!” I understand that cheating is wrong, if that is in fact the reason for my ban, but there should be a warning prior to the ban. I also understand that this is probably not a new topic of discussion. I am just curious.

what were you doing to get yourself banned?

You don’t need a warning against cheating, I’m sure that somewhere in the terms and conditions there is something warning you about it already. If you were cheating then you should’ve thought about that before playing dirty…

Either way, here’s a link, hope it helps :]
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst135680_The-Official-Halo-4-Ban-Thread.aspx

¨Banned from earning XP¨?

I did that to myself. No sence getting to SR 130 before season 1 of Spartan Ops comes to an abrupt end. So the way I have it figured, by the time I finish the last level of season 1 I will be at, or near enough to SR 130 for XP to not matter anymore.

Thanks for the replies. I admit what I did could be seen as boosting. I would argue that if you partake in creating a game and you don’t want people to exploit its flaws then don’t make the game have flaws. If people find flaws in your so called flawless game, give them a job as a tester so they can find the weakness before you send it out to the world. I get it and I understand but, like many other people, I don’t agree. If your weak let the world find your weakness, exploit it, and then learn from it and change it. That is what makes a better game and over all a better company. I know this banning due to boosting is nothing knew its just frustrating. Oh well I guess its time to go play outside.

> Thanks for the replies. I admit what I did could be seen as boosting. I would argue that if you partake in creating a game and you don’t want people to exploit its flaws then don’t make the game have flaws. If people find flaws in your so called flawless game, give them a job as a tester so they can find the weakness before you send it out to the world. I get it and I understand but, like many other people, I don’t agree. If your weak let the world find your weakness, exploit it, and then learn from it and change it. That is what makes a better game and over all a better company. I know this banning due to boosting is nothing knew its just frustrating. Oh well I guess its time to go play outside.

Then dont take advantage and exploit the flaws if you know the game has them then you wont be banned.

Would you be given a warning if caught cheating on an exam in college? Same principle is applied every where in life, get used to it.

> <mark>Would you be given a warning if caught cheating on an exam in college?</mark> Same principle is applied every where in life, get used to it.

^This.

Think about your college example and tell me how that is relevant at all. Cheating in life and cheating in a video game are completely different. If you cheat in college and get away with it, good for you. The only thing you did is rob yourself of becoming an intelligent individual and probably destroying your ability to land a good job based on that false degree. Every situation is different though so you could be the lucky person who only needs a degree that said you did something and then you have a job, or you could not be lucky and have to get a degree that means something so you can get a job. Of course there are more examples but I think you get the point. Video games and games in general are built around enjoyment. Here’s a little list of things to think about for a moment: game genie (Nintendo), up down up down left right left right a b a b start, pre-ordering, hard copy walkthroughs, and the internet. If any one of those sounds familiar you could be considered a cheater and should be banned. Why? Because they all give you an advantage over other players. Now isn’t that why people, like myself, get banned from earning XP because we cheated? Sure supposedly I did. But what I did, didn’t give me any sort of major advantage over any other player out there. So look, I’m banned, I get it. Is it stupid? In my opinion yes it is. If I had somehow figured out a way to have unlimited ammo, a fully charged over shield with damage boost at all times, and no one else had that, then yes I cheated and should be banned. But no I get banned for working smarter, not harder.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> But no I get banned for working smarter, not harder.

You sound like a pathetic worm.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

For having a credible argument I sound like a pathetic worm? Really? Sir or Ma’am the only reason I am a pathetic worm is because I am wasting my time associating with other pathetic worms such as yourself in this underground cesspool of a forum. I merely posted a question in hopes for an answer, but instead I get attacked. I greatly enjoy proving my point, which I believe I have done rather eloquently. So being the pathetic worm that I am I will inch away from this conversation in hopes to not get caught cheating on my next college exam. Thank you all for the help and words of hateful encouragement.

Your arguement is void the second you think that cheating is ok.

Ok I said I was going to walk away but I greatly enjoy arguing. If in your opinion playing the game how it was created to be played is cheating then I cheated. Which means everyone should be banned. And if you think cheating is not ok then you should probably stop getting flu shots, vaccines, going to the doctor, and anything else you do to ward of death and disease as that is cheating death. Even birth is cheating death, and yes I went there. Anything and everything a person does or thinks can be misconstrued into something it wasn’t intended to be, even playing fair can be misconstrued as cheating. Once again working smarter, not harder.

Imagine playing runescape with a bot that is cheating of course and it means you have takin all the fun out of actually achiving something others have worked hard to obtain thus it is unfair but more importantly it means you would rather cheat and not have fun and know that you didnt achive or obtain your rank the ways others have through skill imagine modding dark souls it would defeat the whole purpose of the game if you cheated or modded cheating really shows how horrible and low of a person you really are that you would rather waste your time cheating than actally putting forth effort and time to obtain skill it is pretty clear to me that just by breeaking the invisible rules of gameplay you are probably ney never going to amount to much of anything other than a cheater i feel for you but not really i dont have much simpathy twards those whom cheat

Oh yea btw life doesnt have cheat codes so im guessing you dont have a life other than being terrible at everything because you cheat at any and everything you can am i rite… worm nevermind just slime your way out of this post you made by stop repling or keep posting replies because your butt hurt and wanna defend yourself nobody cares what you have to say though wanna know why… you cheated

You’re an idiot.

If someone cheats they should get banned. They don’t need a warning…

aaaand this post is in the wrong section ; )

>

Yeah, he went a little overboard on that one. Anyway, I guess I’ll be the first person to actually ask this, instead of blindly accusing you of cheating. What did you actually do that, you say, may be considering boosting?

Cheating is cheating brother, no matter if its a real life example like I stated or in a video game. You sitting here trying to argue your point makes you sound not so smart. Getting caught cheating, and then trying to argue how you voided a flaw is a terrible argument. Grow up man.

> Yeah, he went a little overboard on that one. Anyway, I guess I’ll be the first person to actually ask this, instead of blindly accusing you of cheating. What did you actually do that, you say, may be considering boosting?

He and his buddy hooked up 4 controllers and boosted in regicide. Game after game after game.

Honestly if it didn’t skew the tru-skill system I wouldn’t care, but it does.