Banned??? for?

My username is SORRYANTEATER07, recently logged on to play halo with some friends and its saying im banned from talking… i would like to know why considering i have 100 percent good rep, i have had no reports of unsportsmanlike conduct or anything.

or was rather… forgot i changed it to n0Obl33t

This happens ALL the time. I’m on a ban myself even though i never received a single warning or complaint.

You were banned simply because X number of people muted you in x amount of time. Nobody knows the exact formula but basically if enough people mute you then you get banned automatically.

It’s an automated system with no human in the loop. It’s completely up to other players in the game and if someone is mad at you, wants to be a jerk or simply doesn’t want to hear you talk then you get banned. That’s how the system works.

Isn’t it great? Bungie doesn’t seem to care so the only thing I can suggest is to make threads like this and hope the GMs pay attention and change this incredibly stupid system.

The whole thing bothers me immensely.

> This happens ALL the time. I’m on a ban myself even though i never received a single warning or complaint.
>
> You were banned simply because X number of people muted you in x amount of time. Nobody knows the exact formula but basically if enough people mute you then you get banned automatically.
>
> It’s an automated system with no human in the loop. It’s completely up to other players in the game and if someone is mad at you, wants to be a jerk or simply doesn’t want to hear you talk then you get banned. That’s how the system works.
>
> Isn’t it great? <mark>Bungie</mark> doesn’t seem to care so the only thing I can suggest is to make threads like this and hope the GMs pay attention and change this incredibly stupid system.
>
> The whole thing bothers me immensely.

> > This happens ALL the time. I’m on a ban myself even though i never received a single warning or complaint.
> >
> > You were banned simply because X number of people muted you in x amount of time. Nobody knows the exact formula but basically if enough people mute you then you get banned automatically.
> >
> > It’s an automated system with no human in the loop. It’s completely up to other players in the game and if someone is mad at you, wants to be a jerk or simply doesn’t want to hear you talk then you get banned. That’s how the system works.
> >
> > Isn’t it great? <mark>Bungie</mark> doesn’t seem to care so the only thing I can suggest is to make threads like this and hope the GMs pay attention and change this incredibly stupid system.
> >
> > The whole thing bothers me immensely.

Hmmmm… I wonder why ‘‘Bungie’’ doesn’t care about it…

434 runs it now… not bungee

> 434 runs it now… not bungee

0/10, Troll harder.

If not a troll thread I would say you were banned for a legit reason. If it’s the x number of mutes thing, maybe your headset/kinect was giving off feedback and people got sick of it?

As far as I know 343i has nothing to do with the voice bans, it’s XBL related, you could be banned the same way in other games (X mutes in X amount of time).

You were banned for a reason, don’t act innocent, if you want to question it go to the xbox live support forums were a forum administrator will explain why you were banned

Could be that but I know loads of people who have been chat-banned and they spend most of the time in party chat.

The sad truth is that some people just mute everyone on the other team as soon as they can. Maybe they don’t like peoples or maybe they do it maliciously to get people banned.

Its a stupid system either way, there doesn’t seem to be a trust mechanic to stop the mute-spammers from abusing it.

Bungie fix 434’s game! lol.

I’ve been voice banned for 2 weeks… even though the message said for 1 week. 343 has one junky system here

I don’t think 343 has anything to do with the chat system. It’s the XBL one the game uses. I once muted someone in-game and in his Xbox Live profile he was muted “too”.