banned for?

So I just played a game of warzone assault, won and boom banned till 23:59. So banned for 1 hour. Since launch I’ve lagged out of 2 games and quit 2, one I meant to join party but accidently joined party and game. I haven’t left or lagged out all day. I can’t check my carnage report so maybe I accidently betrayed someone. I’m not very happy about this. Apart from this and constantly being spawn killed in swat I am loving this game.

Don’t quit games and you wont get banned. The algorithm doesn’t know if you lagged out or not, it just recognizes you left.

Like I said I’ve only quit 2 since launch, one by accident, none in 24 hrs. It does not explain a 1 hr ban.

Because the bans aren’t instantaneous. They are delayed. So you could be banned today for something you did yesterday.

Still a 1 hr ban for 4 games unfinished in 5 days is a bit harsh. But whatever.

4 games unfinished is still 28-92 (Depending on game mode) people’s experiences you just negatively influenced by having a bad connection/being a poor sport.

A delayed ban makes no sense, so that definitely should be addressed…

Also, the whole, “Just don’t quit” line is nonsense too. I detest people using that line, we all experience frustration at times so please, offer something a little less asinine…

I do think the banning should be a little more immediate if this delayed experience is not a singular occurrence, and even then a single hour for a first time banning is a biiiitttt much, eh?

“4 games unfinished is still 28-92” I don’t know what that means.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> Because the bans aren’t instantaneous. They are delayed. So you could be banned today for something you did yesterday.

What? When did they explain that? It just serves no purpose.

> 2533274808874789;7:
> A delayed ban makes no sense, so that definitely should be addressed…
>
> Also, the whole, “Just don’t quit” line is nonsense too. I detest people using that line, we all experience frustration at times so please, offer something a little less asinine…
>
> I do think the banning should be a little more immediate if this delayed experience is not a singular occurrence, and even then a single hour for a first time banning is a biiiitttt much, eh?

So because you’re ‘frustrated’ gives you the right to freely ruin the experiences of other players?

And what does it matter if it’s delayed or instantaneous? If you did the crime, you deserve the ban regardless. Delaying the bans serves to make sure the system algorithms are correct and that all appropriate criteria has been met in order to justify the ban, according to the system. Instantaneous bans would more than likely cause cases of people being unjustly banned.

> 2533274818185567;8:
> “4 games unfinished is still 28-92” I don’t know what that means.

That’s the number of people whos experiences you ruined by quitting that many games.

“That’s the number of people whos experiences you ruined by quitting that many games.”

First of all I really wonder if you actually read my original post. Just incase I’m right. I only quit one game deliberately and that was after getting spawn killed 6 times in a row in swat. I was with friends so I only ruined the other teams experience by stopping them from spawn killing me. Secondly the game I didn’t mean to quit I doubt I ruined anyones experience as we just won the final round of breakout when I accidently accepted the game and party invite, so in the end I lost out by not getting my rewards. Both games I lagged (get it LAGGED NOT QUIT) out of were warzone. I checked my stats. I’ve played 117 games on halo 5 and only 4 were unfinished. The way you are treating those 4 you’d swear I have deliberately quit every other game.

I think the bans should be longer. Stop quitting and ruining the game for others. You’re being selfish.

> 2535429089645794;13:
> I think the bans should be longer. Stop quitting and ruining the game for others. You’re being selfish.

My god, people really only see the word "quit " and stop reading don’t they?

> 2533274818185567;12:
> “That’s the number of people whos experiences you ruined by quitting that many games.”
>
> First of all I really wonder if you actually read my original post. Just incase I’m right. I only quit one game deliberately and that was after getting spawn killed 6 times in a row in swat. I was with friends so I only ruined the other teams experience by stopping them from spawn killing me. Secondly the game I didn’t mean to quit I doubt I ruined anyones experience as we just won the final round of breakout when I accidently accepted the game and party invite, so in the end I lost out by not getting my rewards. Both games I lagged (get it LAGGED NOT QUIT) out of were warzone. I checked my stats. I’ve played 117 games on halo 5 and only 4 were unfinished. The way you are treating those 4 you’d swear I have deliberately quit every other game.

Does it really matter what the excuse is? Leaving a game early is still leaving a game early.
Here’s a complimentary REQ card for your sorrows.

Cool. So a simple issue of one person being banned for something they perceived to have been wrongly given has turned into a “It’s your fault no matter what you say, we’re not listening so sayeth the internet overlords…”

Firstly, Hot Juicey Pie, to answer your question objectively speaking no, but then are you really going to sit there and tell me that has never happened to you? Are you so stubborn you’ll actually ignore that this is a thing that inevitably happens to people? Nevermind the fact that in this particular instance with this particular player he wasn’t actually ruining anyone’s experience but his own, least of all on purpose.

How can you honestly sit there and blame someone for something they can’t actually control? And don’t you dare tell me getting a better connection is an option you honestly believe can be fixed by snapping ones fingers…

You’re logic regarding instant vs delayed bans I feel is a bit backwards. The algorithms or systems for banning should already take all the necessary criteria right away to hand out the banning, delaying it by a day or so would cause just as much confusion and frustration. Add to that, if instant banning were to lead to such problems they would more than likely be due to a flaw in the systems / criteria used to determine if someone should be banned, in which case it really wouldn’t matter either way when the ban occurs it would still be wrong. At least with an instant ban you might have a better idea of why it happened as opposed to two days later when you’re sitting there scratching your head because you can’t search for an hour due to having quit that one piss-poor game you played with your friends (who’d totally understand anyway, unless your friends list is populated by -Yoink!- dwelling -Yoink!- trumpets COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE AWESOMELY HELPFUL AND UNDERSTANDING PEOPLE OF THIS THREAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA), or even worse, lagged out due to a random drop in your connection you had no control over. Man I can rant, huh?

Oh but wait for it kiddies, I’m not done yet!

I want to address something said earlier about lagging out / quitting ruining the experiences of other players. Sure I can accept that a player quitting on occasion can be annoying, but I’d hardly call the experience ruined because one person I don’t even know left the game for unknown reasons…what’s the point in crying over that? Is your view of the wider Halo community so dim that you genuinely worry that someone might lose the plot over one person leaving a match? Really, come on. Try again buddy, no one’s buying it.

You might say that I’m being a bit too confrontational, and if you feel the need to chastise me for that then go ahead, I don’t mind. The reason for my rant, and somewhat aggressive attitude to your insightful and totally kind assistance in clarifying what was clearly a confusing issue for a fellow member, whose experience on these forums has in no way been ruined by your behaviour here (believe me I know) is this:

The original poster came here to try to understand or at the very least possibly see if anyone else had been experiencing the same thing. He had mentioned several times that his leaving most if not all of those games came down to poor connection or a small mistake in responding to a party invite - very few of those (as I read it, only one or two) was an actual deliberate quit from game. No one seemed to appreciate the fact that everyone has quit a game before, so saying, “Just don’t quit.” Is about as meaningless and in fact as useful as shoving a fist up someone’s butt in an effort to relieve a sore throat. In addition everyone latched on to that part as though he had quit all his games intentionally. Assuming English isn’t your first language and you can actually read then you should know this.

Secondly, put your hand up if in the entirety of your Halo multiplayer experience you have never experienced a random drop in your connection leading to being dropped from a match? Now I can safely assume none of you have, because honestly, think about it…no really, try… So I’ll continue. Instead of offering anything insightful or useful you ignored everything he said and basically shunned him for what you saw as being solely due to circumstances within his control, your inability to actually pay attention to what was being said to you is why I am ranting now with this remarkable wall of text.

Cheers guys! If nothing else you’ve shown us where NOT to go for any kind of assistance on the forums. So peace, and I’ll see you all in hell!

Maybe this is 343’s way of telling you that you should probably play another game instead of HALO5.

> 2533274818185567;14:
> > 2535429089645794;13:
> > I think the bans should be longer. Stop quitting and ruining the game for others. You’re being selfish.
>
>
> My god, people really only see the word "quit " and stop reading don’t they?

Yes. I read quit 2 which probably is really 4, then I don’t need to read about how you “lagged out” (lies).