Banned for quitting one game?

I just got hit with a short ban a moment ago. It was short so I’m not upset, just trying to figure something out.
It says that repeated quitting can result in a ban, but what happened was I quit just one game (I was getting pissed at the team I kept getting stuck with) then played another game.
Then all of a sudden after the game was done it told me I was banned.
Did the game think I quit the second or something?

Good, don’t quit.

Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.

> 2533274805941325;2:
> Good, don’t quit.
>
> Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.

The same thing just happened to me, and what if I have to leave for 5 minutes because some serious stuff is happening? Do I still deserve a ban in that case?
If somebody quits ONE game because he has to go somewhere that ain’t ban worthy, five games are, killing teammates is, being AFK is, but ONE game? That isn’t.

> 2533274944375600;3:
> > 2533274805941325;2:
> > Good, don’t quit.
> >
> > Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.
>
>
> The same thing just happened to me, and what if I have to leave for 5 minutes because some serious stuff is happening? Do I still deserve a ban in that case?
> If somebody quits ONE game because he has to go somewhere that ain’t ban worthy, five games are, killing teammates is, being AFK is, but ONE game? That isn’t.

If something serious is happening, I doubt you’ll care about a few minute ban…

> 2533274805941325;4:
> > 2533274944375600;3:
> > > 2533274805941325;2:
> > > Good, don’t quit.
> > >
> > > Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.
> >
> >
> > The same thing just happened to me, and what if I have to leave for 5 minutes because some serious stuff is happening? Do I still deserve a ban in that case?
> > If somebody quits ONE game because he has to go somewhere that ain’t ban worthy, five games are, killing teammates is, being AFK is, but ONE game? That isn’t.
>
>
> If something serious is happening, I doubt you’ll care about a few minute ban…

I was just hypothesizing, it still isn’t ban worthy though, I could be switching modes and still get banned with your thinking, now tell me if that would be the case of banning someone? What if the match just started but I wanted to play FFA instead? Do I deserve a ban in that case?

Also, everything is “serious” if compared to gaming, when I play I’m there to chill, sure, I can get competitive, but that doesn’t mean the game is the thing which I live for.

> 2533274805941325;4:
> > 2533274944375600;3:
> > > 2533274805941325;2:
> > > Good, don’t quit.
> > >
> > > Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.
> >
> >
> > The same thing just happened to me, and what if I have to leave for 5 minutes because some serious stuff is happening? Do I still deserve a ban in that case?
> > If somebody quits ONE game because he has to go somewhere that ain’t ban worthy, five games are, killing teammates is, being AFK is, but ONE game? That isn’t.
>
>
> If something serious is happening, I doubt you’ll care about a few minute ban…

^^This. You probably wouldn’t even realize it as by the time you come back the ban is lifted. I think anytime you quit on a full team in arena, specifically from the pause menu, you should receive a small ban for however long that game lasts. If you quit AFTER you’ve already lost 1 or 2 other team members then I think no ban should be levied, as it’s cruel most of the time to make people continue playing a 2v4 game.

> 2533274944375600;5:
> > 2533274805941325;4:
> > > 2533274944375600;3:
> > > > 2533274805941325;2:
> > > > Good, don’t quit.
> > > >
> > > > Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.
> > >
> > >
> > > The same thing just happened to me, and what if I have to leave for 5 minutes because some serious stuff is happening? Do I still deserve a ban in that case?
> > > If somebody quits ONE game because he has to go somewhere that ain’t ban worthy, five games are, killing teammates is, being AFK is, but ONE game? That isn’t.
> >
> >
> > If something serious is happening, I doubt you’ll care about a few minute ban…
>
>
> I was just hypothesizing, it still isn’t ban worthy though, I could be switching modes and still get banned with your thinking, now tell me if that would be the case of banning someone? What if the match just started but I wanted to play FFA instead? Do I deserve a ban in that case?
>
> Also, everything is “serious” if compared to gaming, when I play I’m there to chill, sure, I can get competitive, but that doesn’t mean the game is the thing which I live for.

Yes, yes you do. Quitting a game, just because you FEEL like it hurts the people you’ve been placed on a team with.

This is -Yoink- i got banned because i had to quit in the middle of a game because i got a phone call i had to take. Rather than sit there and get slayed i figured id give my team a chance to win 3v4. If this ban is not lifted quickly im returning the game

This happened to me like a minute ago!

i wonder if it takes into account how many people are left on your team when you leave. I’ve left a few games where 4 or 5 of my team is missing and the game isn’t finding replacements.

If the servers weren’t awful then few ppl wouldn’t need to quit. There’s only so much sponging a Spartan can take in a game. I got banned for quitting for this very reason. The irony of it is it’s like leaving a restaurant half way through a meal because the food is awful, and then the owner saying to you “You’re barred!” - oh please, do me a favour! :joy:

> 2533274944375600;5:
> > 2533274805941325;4:
> > > 2533274944375600;3:
> > > > 2533274805941325;2:
> > > > Good, don’t quit.
> > > >
> > > > Anyone who goes to the pause menu and selects leave game, deserves a ban.
> > >
> > >
> > > The same thing just happened to me, and what if I have to leave for 5 minutes because some serious stuff is happening? Do I still deserve a ban in that case?
> > > If somebody quits ONE game because he has to go somewhere that ain’t ban worthy, five games are, killing teammates is, being AFK is, but ONE game? That isn’t.
> >
> >
> > If something serious is happening, I doubt you’ll care about a few minute ban…
>
>
> I was just hypothesizing, it still isn’t ban worthy though, I could be switching modes and still get banned with your thinking, now tell me if that would be the case of banning someone? What if the match just started but I wanted to play FFA instead? Do I deserve a ban in that case?
>
> Also, everything is “serious” if compared to gaming, when I play I’m there to chill, sure, I can get competitive, but that doesn’t mean the game is the thing which I live for.

But that’s a very self-centric point of view. By quitting you’re giving your teammates an uphill battle, which in objective games (or even slayer at a higher level) is pretty much a guaranteed loss.

For those unaware - the system generally runs a game or two behind, so although it can look like you have been banned for winning a match, it’s just the system catching up on a previous trigger that your account has hit.

samething happened to me after i quit one game cause i had to do something. but,im banned forever. i did nothing bad in the past, so wtf

> 2535461194987435;14:
> samething happened to me after i quit one game cause i had to do something. but,im banned forever. i did nothing bad in the past, so wtf

• Please use the dedicated ban thread linked in my signature for all ban related traffic. - Please don’t revive very old threads - You were not permanently banned for quitting one match. - When you do post in the ban thread, please read the first post carefully and include the text of your ‘banhammer strikes’ message.