Banned for not playing

My account has been temporarily banned, I didn’t do anything like modifying my xbox or boosting or anything like that, the last time I played I was gone for a little bit, and people were probably killing me, so that might be why you thought I was boosting but I was gone the whole time and forgot to turn my xbox off. I just want to play and have fun, and I can’t because I wasn’t playing at the time, and someone thought I was boosting.

> What types of actions can result in a ban?
>
> Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
>
> • Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
>
> • Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or game software and services in any way.
>
> • Skill, EXP, or credit boosting, deleveling, <mark>idling through games</mark>, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
>
> • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.

How do you forget that you are playing and in matchmaking?
AFK players only hurt the teams and I think it is a good reason for the ban.

It’s a temporary ban. Wait it out. Learn to turn your Xbox off before leaving it so you won’t be banned for hogging up a spot on your team and doing nothing. Take responsibility and move on.

> My account has been temporarily banned, I didn’t do anything like modifying my xbox or boosting or anything like that, the last time I played I was gone for a little bit, and people were probably killing me, so that might be why you thought I was boosting but I was gone the whole time and forgot to turn my xbox off. I just want to play and have fun, and I can’t because I wasn’t playing at the time, <mark>and someone thought I was boosting</mark>.

Not someone, the matchmaking server algorithm. Bans are not handed out by an actual person, they are all automated by the matchmaking server program used to detect boosters. All bans are also irreversible, so like other have said, you will have to wait out the ban.

What was that about AFKing? :confused:

sigh It’s been nearly 4 years since the Banhammer started takin’ swings at AFKers in Halo:Reach’s matchmaking, but do people ever learn? Nooooo…

> What was that about AFKing? :confused:

“Not available in your country”
But I see the name is Attack on Titan ;^; I wanna see it.
What is the vid about?

> Not available in your country"
> But I see the name is Attack on Titan ;^; I wanna see it.
> What is the vid about?

That’s a tragedy. Stupid Youtube.

Levi throws swords in titan’s eyes; jumps on titan’s head
Titan roars in pain
“Now, now- Nobody’s got time for a crybaby”
Draws new swords
“Let’s take it like a man, shall we?”
Kills titan; lands on rooftop; looks at bloody sword hand
“Ehk. Disgusting”

> How do you forget that you are playing and in matchmaking?
> AFK players only hurt the teams and I think it is a good reason for the ban.

Agreed. I’d rather have a player quit than an AFK player. The player who quits is likely giving away easy deaths therefore harming the team. When gone, no harm can be done. + JIP can find a good replacement. AN AFK however can be a free kill (at least the quitter could get damage off before giving death) and forces the team to continuously spawn next to them. Not to mention that the AFK is a free kill for the entire game. Nothing more annoying than having an AFK on the team.

> Agreed. I’d rather have a player quit than an AFK player. The player who quits is likely giving away easy deaths therefore harming the team. When gone, no harm can be done. + JIP can find a good replacement. AN AFK however can be a free kill (at least the quitter could get damage off before giving death) and forces the team to continuously spawn next to them. Not to mention that the AFK is a free kill for the entire game. Nothing more annoying than having an AFK on the team.

I would rather have an AFKer than a teammate who is being actively malevolent, but that’s about it.

> the last time I played I was gone for a little bit, and people were probably killing me, so that might be why you thought I was boosting but I was gone the whole time and forgot to turn my xbox off.

And during this time, your teammates suffered because they were down a player. Your negligence probably diminished other players’ experiences. A ban is meant to teach you to not be so careless in the future.

Yes,yes, excellent. Let the ban flow through you.

I’ve had friends in my party go AFK to answer a phone/door or whatever, and end up being gone for a whole game. They were booted from the party automatically after the end of the game.

You were not sitting in a lobby, getting matches without realizing it. You had to have been actively going back into a lobby after being booted. Or your ban is for something else.