Banned for Loosing Connection??

So I was playing a game of infection on freakhouse I believe it was when the game started getting REALLY laggy. To the point where people were popping in all over the place, especially this one guy wearing all black Wrath armor. As you could expect, this was very unfair to me and I know that it was affecting others as they were quiting after having troubles with it. No one was doing very good. Eventually, I got really upset with the game because it put me at a severe disadvantage. So I quit.

I joined another game, which was running quite good. I got to the end in 3rd place and when it blacked out when the game ended, I was greeted with this message saying I lost connection. But it appeared that I finished the game. The endgame screen played through. Then I get another taunting message that makes me want to immediately pour bleach on my Xbox, burn it, bury it, have the grave burned, then have Master Chief himself come and shoot it with a SPNKr Rocket Launcher, and have the ashes sent to Mars where it will then implode while simultaneously exploding.

The Banhammer Strikes - you’ve been placed in a cool down for quitting too many matches.

Maybe the system just reads if you DNF the match not if you quit or you loose connection, if so, this system NEEDS to change. This has happened to me more than once and it gets old real quickly. I understand punishing players for quitting but I didn’t quit the time I got banned. I’m not asking to be unbanned, I’m asking for an improvement.

• Ban Thread - Yes, disconnections were always a bannable offense and treated as DNFs.For example, you have 4 DNFs in under 24 hours (whether disconnections, the quit button, etc.) The banhammer cannot always tell how you quit, it just knows that you were in a game, and by the end you weren’t. This can end up being abused if done the wrong way. For example, how do I know you didn’t just pull out the Ethernet cable and “disconnect” that way?

The reason you were able to finish a game and then get banned is because sometimes the banhammer has a one game delay before it stops you. So really you were banned for the game before your last.

> 2533274833081329;2:
> - Ban Thread - Yes, disconnections were always a bannable offense and treated as DNFs.For example, you have 4 DNFs in under 24 hours (whether disconnections, the quit button, etc.) The banhammer cannot always tell how you quit, it just knows that you were in a game, and by the end you weren’t. This can end up being abused if done the wrong way. For example, how do I know you didn’t just pull out the Ethernet cable and “disconnect” that way?
>
> The reason you were able to finish a game and then get banned is because sometimes the banhammer has a one game delay before it stops you. So really you were banned for the game before your last.

Now that makes more sense. Thanks.
But in terms of unplugging my Ethernet cable, my router is in my Living Room downstairs so I don’t think I’ll be doing that. Lol.

I still don’t agree with disconnections being bannable. But I guess in a way it makes sense. Although it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Thanks for clearing it up!