banned for betraying

I admit that I have been temp banned before for quitting out of games on my own accord, mostly because the people are really high ranks or its a gametype that I find completely unbearable so its not fun for me. I have played many games since then without quitting…like, enough to level up once at colonel grade 2. In an invasion game I played, I betrayed a team on accident once and I got booted. I now have my second temp ban for quitting. So, a crappy quitting system and a crappy booting system screwed me over. If a gametype or people prevents you from having fun, you should be able to quit with no problem…but that is not my main purpose of making this. I just want to know if my quits stay on record forever? Like, can i never quit matches again, or does it get wiped clean at some point?

It will return to normal in a few days as long as you stop getting booted and quitting.

Welcome to the forums, lol.

It’s not a “crappy” booting system. You are the one quitting. You are the one betraying. Sounds like a legit bannable offence to me

> I admit that I have been temp banned before for quitting out of games on my own accord, mostly because the people are really high ranks or its a gametype that I find completely unbearable so its not fun for me.

Just because of that i would say you deserve your ban :slight_smile:

> It’s not a “crappy” booting system. You are the one quitting. You are the one betraying. Sounds like a legit bannable offence to me

I accidentally betrayed 3 people today (after quitting a couple BTB games the DAY before because they simply weren’t something I wanted to play (I hate objectives)) in 3 games right in a row (I know, what the crap, right? Seemed like every time I pulled a trigger it killed the wrong person) and immediately got booted each time, getting banned the last two.

I was betrayed REPEATEDLY (by trolls) in 4 other games and only got the chance to boot ONE of those players (after he betrayed 4 times, the first time simply because I took one of the TWO shotguns on the level).

Sounds pretty crappy to me.

Damn. That sucks. You need to play with some buddies then.

Yeah, I know. In one of those other games it was so bad my friend had to get them to betray her and she was able to boot them right away.

Sorry bud. Hope you get better teammates. And welcome to waypoint

> I admit that I have been temp banned before for quitting out of games on my own accord, mostly because the people are really high ranks or its a gametype that I find completely unbearable so its not fun for me. I have played many games since then without quitting…like, enough to level up once at colonel grade 2. In an invasion game I played, I betrayed a team on accident once and I got booted. I now have my second temp ban for quitting. So, a crappy quitting system and a crappy booting system screwed me over. If a gametype or people prevents you from having fun, you should be able to quit with no problem…but that is not my main purpose of making this. I just want to know if my quits stay on record forever? Like, can i never quit matches again, or does it get wiped clean at some point?

You should never quit, period.

Even if you’re getting beat to a pulp, go hide in a corner and wait for the game to end.

That way you’re not forfeiting and you’re earning your credits.

> > I admit that I have been temp banned before for quitting out of games on my own accord, mostly because the people are really high ranks or its a gametype that I find completely unbearable so its not fun for me. I have played many games since then without quitting…like, enough to level up once at colonel grade 2. In an invasion game I played, I betrayed a team on accident once and I got booted. I now have my second temp ban for quitting. So, a crappy quitting system and a crappy booting system screwed me over. If a gametype or people prevents you from having fun, you should be able to quit with no problem…but that is not my main purpose of making this. I just want to know if my quits stay on record forever? Like, can i never quit matches again, or does it get wiped clean at some point?
>
> You should never quit, period.
>
> Even if you’re getting beat to a pulp, go hide in a corner and wait for the game to end.
>
> That way you’re not forfeiting and you’re earning your credits.

My buddy and I were playing Team Slayer half our team left we stayed and ended up winning the game. It was pretty fun.

As for OP I know how you feel I never get to kick someone when I get betrayed, I tend not to kill my team very often and I haven’t been booted because of it.

> > I admit that I have been temp banned before for quitting out of games on my own accord, mostly because the people are really high ranks or its a gametype that I find completely unbearable so its not fun for me. I have played many games since then without quitting…like, enough to level up once at colonel grade 2. In an invasion game I played, I betrayed a team on accident once and I got booted. I now have my second temp ban for quitting. So, a crappy quitting system and a crappy booting system screwed me over. If a gametype or people prevents you from having fun, you should be able to quit with no problem…but that is not my main purpose of making this. I just want to know if my quits stay on record forever? Like, can i never quit matches again, or does it get wiped clean at some point?
>
> You should never quit, period.
>
> Even if you’re getting beat to a pulp, go hide in a corner and wait for the game to end.
>
> That way you’re not forfeiting and you’re earning your credits.

No, that’s silly. Credits are highly overvalued and rated. You know you really don’t receive very many credits per game, right? By staying you burden your team mates by running the risk of getting yourself killed even if you hide in a corner. Also, you have nothing to gain any many cases as you just drag out the length of a game which is time you could of spent finding and playing another game. If you’re not going to play, you quit. The temporary ban isn’t all that bad.

Change your perspective on the temporary ban. Instead of sitting around the menus bored, go do something else to for the 10 minutes. I usually use the time to give my eyes a break, make food, get something to drink, or go on the computer. I’ll admit that I’m a rage quitter. I’d rather quit than throw my controller through my TV. That 10 minute ban gives me some time to cool off and take my mind off Halo. I’d still rather not have a quit ban, but I’ve learned to tolerate it.

You can find people in the recruiting section or search on BT.net or Halotracker.com if you wanna join a clan and make your halo experience more enjoyable.