Banned for a week

I have been banned from voice communications in Halo 4. I dont normaly use a mic or headset when i play. However…i do have a Kinect sensor. Would this be the problem of why i was banned? Because the Kinect has a built in mic. I had the unit close to my tv. My tv was on,my daughter was watching a show. My xbox is hooked up to a pc monitor.

Yeah, its the kinect’s fault.

So its not a “little brother” thread… its a “kinect did it” thread?

To be honest, that kinect mic picks up a lot of ambient noise. I’ve had mine turned off for awhile now after someone complained about a noise, which turned out to be my dishwasher.

I caught mine before I got banned thank god because I swear a lot when my painkillers wear off and my temper gets short. It was only when I heard some audio feedback with my voice that I realised what was going on. I thought I wasn’t broadcasting because my mic wasn’t connected.

To be honest, the reason you are banned is Microsoft’s fault for not defaulting the Kinect mic off ingame. It’s also 343i’s fault for not including a manual telling you about it.

Don’t usually use your mic, so it shouldn’t be a problem, right?

Why is it hard to mute the kinect sensor?? There is an option for it you know…

You don’t use a mic (head) and I guess you have it so you can’t hear others but never muted your mic on all connected devices.

You could not hear people complain about the noise but had a hot mic. It is you fault no matter how you split it. It’s still the users fault. It’s your job to make sure you are not transmitting a lot of noise constantly.

Not trolling or hating just saying its still your fault.

> I have been banned from voice communications in Halo 4. I dont normaly use a mic or headset when i play. However…i do have a Kinect sensor. Would this be the problem of why i was banned? Because the Kinect has a built in mic. I had the unit close to my tv. My tv was on,my daughter was watching a show. My xbox is hooked up to a pc monitor.

You can disable the mic feature in settings, under kinect on the dashboard. You could probably contact Microsoft about this.