Banned for 3rd time in 5 weeks

I have been banned 3 times in 5 weeks for doing nothing wrong. I read your policy again for getting banned and have done none of those things. It is always for one week and I am officially quitting this game and have multiple other friends quitting because of other various reasons. If you do not stop this banning people for no reason or your auto ban for banning people that do not violate the rules of the game then you will go out of business. This is unreal, I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt the first 2 times I got banned but I can’t take it anymore. I hope someone can get back to me and let me know what is going on. Just because someone does good and is top of the leader board every game does not justify a ban. Some people think I should get a lawyer and figure this out but that is a waste of time for me. I hope you guys figure this out and fix this system.

Sincerely, JJV1OO5

P.S. That is my gamertag

> I have been banned 3 times in 5 weeks for doing nothing wrong. I read your policy again for getting banned and have done none of those things. It is always for one week and I am officially quitting this game and have multiple other friends quitting because of other various reasons. If you do not stop this banning people for no reason or your auto ban for banning people that do not violate the rules of the game then you will go out of business. This is unreal, I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt the first 2 times I got banned but I can’t take it anymore. I hope someone can get back to me and let me know what is going on. Just because someone does good and is top of the leader board every game does not justify a ban. Some people think I should get a lawyer and figure this out but that is a waste of time for me. I hope you guys figure this out and fix this system.
>
> Sincerely, JJV1OO5
>
> P.S. That is my gamertag

OK…what kind of ban did you get? XP, Voice, etc. Voice bans aren’t determined by game performance, but rather by how many people mute you. This isn’t just Halo 4…in fact, all Xbox Live games will give you voice bans if enough people mute you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please try to sue over this. Would pay to watch that play out.

Anyway, judging from past experience I’m pretty sure the bans are justified. Someone check his service record for DNF’s and/or boosting? I can’t right now.

> Please try to sue over this. Would pay to watch that play out.
>
> Anyway, judging from past experience I’m pretty sure the bans are justified. Someone check his service record for DNF’s and/or boosting? I can’t right now.

No DNFs or boosting when I checked, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t get a voice ban. He has a lot of 1st places in Snipers…and it’s a semi-well-known fact that some people, to be rude, mute those who beat them…

> No DNFs or boosting when I checked, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t get a voice ban. He has a lot of 1st places in Snipers…and it’s a semi-well-known fact that some people, to be rude, mute those who beat them…

OP, any word on this?

Just reading this post makes me believe it can be voice just by reading on how threatening he is. Its gotta be voice ban just by reading your topic on the matter. You also don’t say why you got banned in the first place. I mute people who have trashy mouths in H4. Threatening 343 with lawyers isn’t gonna get you anywhere OP. No one likes trash talkers or people who threaten them on XBL.

> I have been banned 3 times in 5 weeks for doing nothing wrong. <mark>I read your policy</mark> again for getting banned and have done none of those things. It is always for one week and I am officially quitting this game and have multiple other friends quitting because of other various reasons. If you do not stop this banning people for no reason or your auto ban for banning people that do not violate the rules of the game then you will go out of business. This is unreal, I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt the first 2 times I got banned but I can’t take it anymore. I hope someone can get back to me and let me know what is going on. Just because someone does good and is top of the leader board every game does not justify a ban. Some people think I should get a lawyer and figure this out but that is a waste of time for me. I hope you guys figure this out and fix this system.
>
> Sincerely, JJV1OO5
>
> P.S. That is my gamertag

There are many policies to read and it also includes the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and the Xbox.com Terms of Use. Which policy did you read?

OP

Please be specific about the kind of ban you are experiencing. We fellow posters can’t begin to help you w/out more information.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Some people think I should get a lawyer and figure this out but that is a waste of time for me. I hope you guys figure this out and fix this system.

LOL

2/10

I can assure you that hiring a lawyer is a waste of resources.

Do you consistently talk smack before / after games? Use foul language? Or worst of all, scream / yell during matches? Play annoying music?

I’m sure the ban was not ‘random’ (x3)

I told u before I do not know why I am banned there is no reason given. It just says you have been banned for 1 week for the last 5 weeks I have been banned 3 times for one week each time. I thought I made that clear in my original post that I keep getting banned with no explanation from 343. I do not understand. I don’t even have my mic in when I play sometimes so this voice ban is not why I am getting banned. When people talk smack to me I just tell them good game and back out of the party. All of your posts do not help me but thank you guys for at least responding. I read the halo 4 ban page and that is all they told me to do. There is no customer service and Xbox live said that 343 keeps banning me and they don’t know why either.

> I told u before I do not know why I am banned there is no reason given. It just says you have been banned for 1 week for the last 5 weeks I have been banned 3 times for one week each time. I thought I made that clear in my original post that I keep getting banned with no explanation from 343. I do not understand. I don’t even have my mic in when I play sometimes so this voice ban is not why I am getting banned. When people talk smack to me I just tell them good game and back out of the party. All of your posts do not help me but thank you guys for at least responding. I read the halo 4 ban page and that is all they told me to do. There is no customer service and Xbox live said that 343 keeps banning me and they don’t know why either.

One week sounds like a voice ban. Do you know what these bans are refraining you from doing? You don’t have to have a microphone to be muted. If you play with someone and they don’t like losing to you, you can get muted. If many people mute you, then you get a voice ban, regardless of whether or not you actually made a peep. Sorry, bud.

> I told u before I do not know why I am banned there is no reason given.

No, but it does say what type of ban you received, and the type of ban indicates what you did that prompted it.

[/li]- A voice ban means you can play matchmaking, but cannot voice communicate with other players. You get temporarily banned from using voice when too many players mute you.

• An XP ban means you can play matchmaking, but cannot earn XP. You get temporarily banned from earning XP if you or one of your guests plays several games in a short amount of time without moving or earning any points.
  • A matchmaking ban means you cannot play matchmaking at all. You get temporarily banned from matchmaking by quitting too many games or boosting for achievements or commendations.

Of these three types of bans, which did you receive?

It does not tell me I am just banned for one week and I cannot play matchmaking. So according to you I got a matchmaking ban which means you cannot play matchmaking at all. You get temporarily banned from matchmaking by quitting too many games or boosting for achievements or commendations.

First, I do not boost or quit games for achievements or commendations. But, I guess this is why they keep banning me so I will have to check out what I am doing in games to get banned. Thank you for telling me this it really helped.