Banished vs UNSC

I want to hear opinions on who is better, because I cannot decide. The UNSC seems to have an edge in every category.
-Marines vs Grunts, marines are much stronger and have more health.
-Banshee vs Hornet, the Hornets win.
-Grizzly vs Wraith, the grizzly mops the floor with the wraith and even scorpians without upgrades win.
-Condor vs Scarab, the Condors not only have battlefield mobility but they are more powerful because of the ability to track multiple enemies. However Scarabs have more health and would lose a 1 vs 1, they have awful mobility and are easily cornered by ODST or other infantry drops.
-Leaders are the only category that I would say Banished are close. Spartans can hijack which is crucial early game, but in later game a level 3 atriox chosen is unstoppable.

Can someone tell me what the equalizers are? What are the Benefits to using Banished?

You can’t compare Grizzlies and Wraiths. Grizzlies are specific and take more space. Wraiths are actually better than scorpions because of their ability to regain and their abilities. Banshees actually do beat hornets.(upgraded) Condors are absolutely horrible because of their lack of mobility and their weakness to wolves and reavers. Scarabs ability is amazing. Atrium’s kit is almost unstoppable with eradication and bulwark and his other power that makes everything immune. Shrouds and Engineers can be the difference in a game, as shrouds can cloak very well and engineers have that overshield ability.

> 2533274980694172;2:
> You can’t compare Grizzlies and Wraiths. Grizzlies are specific and take more space. Wraiths are actually better than scorpions because of their ability to regain and their abilities. Banshees actually do beat hornets.(upgraded) Condors are absolutely horrible because of their lack of mobility and their weakness to wolves and reavers. Scarabs ability is amazing. Atrium’s kit is almost unstoppable with eradication and bulwark and his other power that makes everything immune. Shrouds and Engineers can be the difference in a game, as shrouds can cloak very well and engineers have that overshield ability.

You literally just poked holes in my points by saying “such and such is better, when its uprgraded” no kidding. If one unit is upgraded and the other isn’t, there is an advantage.
As for shrouds and engineers I agree. When stacked with a scarab, the units become better together.
As for the condors weakness to wolves and reavers… obviously the AIR unit has a weakness to ANTI-AIR.

> 2535424640810692;3:
> > 2533274980694172;2:
> > You can’t compare Grizzlies and Wraiths. Grizzlies are specific and take more space. Wraiths are actually better than scorpions because of their ability to regain and their abilities. Banshees actually do beat hornets.(upgraded) Condors are absolutely horrible because of their lack of mobility and their weakness to wolves and reavers. Scarabs ability is amazing. Atrium’s kit is almost unstoppable with eradication and bulwark and his other power that makes everything immune. Shrouds and Engineers can be the difference in a game, as shrouds can cloak very well and engineers have that overshield ability.
>
> You literally just poked holes in my points by saying “such and such is better, when its uprgraded” no kidding. If one unit is upgraded and the other isn’t, there is an advantage.
> As for shrouds and engineers I agree. When stacked with a scarab, the units become better together.
> As for the condors weakness to wolves and reavers… obviously the AIR unit has a weakness to ANTI-AIR.

He is saying that if both are upgraded then banshees beat hornets. At least I think.

In the current state of the meta, unit for unit, the UNSC have the edge I believe. BUT you can’t play a UNSC leader like you would a banished leader as each race has different play styles. Atriox is the best banished leader by far I believe.

> 2533274820642782;4:
> > 2535424640810692;3:
> > > 2533274980694172;2:
> > > You can’t compare Grizzlies and Wraiths. Grizzlies are specific and take more space. Wraiths are actually better than scorpions because of their ability to regain and their abilities. Banshees actually do beat hornets.(upgraded) Condors are absolutely horrible because of their lack of mobility and their weakness to wolves and reavers. Scarabs ability is amazing. Atrium’s kit is almost unstoppable with eradication and bulwark and his other power that makes everything immune. Shrouds and Engineers can be the difference in a game, as shrouds can cloak very well and engineers have that overshield ability.
> >
> > You literally just poked holes in my points by saying “such and such is better, when its uprgraded” no kidding. If one unit is upgraded and the other isn’t, there is an advantage.
> > As for shrouds and engineers I agree. When stacked with a scarab, the units become better together.
> > As for the condors weakness to wolves and reavers… obviously the AIR unit has a weakness to ANTI-AIR.
>
> He is saying that if both are upgraded then banshees beat hornets. At least I think.

That was the case before the plasma torpedo nerf, though I believe it still holds true.

We also have the locust, which the UNSC has no unit comparable too

> 2535409667759808;6:
> > 2533274820642782;4:
> > > 2535424640810692;3:
> > > > 2533274980694172;2:
> > > > You can’t compare Grizzlies and Wraiths. Grizzlies are specific and take more space. Wraiths are actually better than scorpions because of their ability to regain and their abilities. Banshees actually do beat hornets.(upgraded) Condors are absolutely horrible because of their lack of mobility and their weakness to wolves and reavers. Scarabs ability is amazing. Atrium’s kit is almost unstoppable with eradication and bulwark and his other power that makes everything immune. Shrouds and Engineers can be the difference in a game, as shrouds can cloak very well and engineers have that overshield ability.
> > >
> > > You literally just poked holes in my points by saying “such and such is better, when its uprgraded” no kidding. If one unit is upgraded and the other isn’t, there is an advantage.
> > > As for shrouds and engineers I agree. When stacked with a scarab, the units become better together.
> > > As for the condors weakness to wolves and reavers… obviously the AIR unit has a weakness to ANTI-AIR.
> >
> > He is saying that if both are upgraded then banshees beat hornets. At least I think.
>
> That was the case before the plasma torpedo nerf, though I believe it still holds true.
>
> We also have the locust, which the UNSC has no unit comparable too

I love how you said “we” lol. “I am the banished”!! lol

But yeah, wait, plasma torpedo got nerfed??

> 2535424640810692;1:
> I want to hear opinions on who is better, because I cannot decide. The UNSC seems to have an edge in every category.
> -Marines vs Grunts, marines are much stronger and have more health.
> -Banshee vs Hornet, the Hornets win.
> -Grizzly vs Wraith, the grizzly mops the floor with the wraith and even scorpians without upgrades win.
> -Condor vs Scarab, the Condors not only have battlefield mobility but they are more powerful because of the ability to track multiple enemies. However Scarabs have more health and would lose a 1 vs 1, they have awful mobility and are easily cornered by ODST or other infantry drops.
> -Leaders are the only category that I would say Banished are close. Spartans can hijack which is crucial early game, but in later game a level 3 atriox chosen is unstoppable.
>
> Can someone tell me what the equalizers are? What are the Benefits to using Banished?

It’s true the UNSC has an edge in most categories. However, when you look to unit costs and population costs for banished Vs UNSC units, the banished ones are often cheaper and take less population.

Of course the cheaper unit will almost always lose. However, when populations and costs are set equal (Ex: 2 marines and 3 grunts), the banished often will come out on top.

Unsc overpowers banished especially early game

> 2535424640810692;1:
> I want to hear opinions on who is better, because I cannot decide. The UNSC seems to have an edge in every category.
> -Marines vs Grunts, marines are much stronger and have more health.
> -Banshee vs Hornet, the Hornets win.
> -Grizzly vs Wraith, the grizzly mops the floor with the wraith and even scorpians without upgrades win.
> -Condor vs Scarab, the Condors not only have battlefield mobility but they are more powerful because of the ability to track multiple enemies. However Scarabs have more health and would lose a 1 vs 1, they have awful mobility and are easily cornered by ODST or other infantry drops.
> -Leaders are the only category that I would say Banished are close. Spartans can hijack which is crucial early game, but in later game a level 3 atriox chosen is unstoppable.
>
> Can someone tell me what the equalizers are? What are the Benefits to using Banished?

OK, one you going off things before the previous patch. Two half of those points where still wrong then.

Marines vs Grunts, when both upgraded and at equal pop the grunts actually win, has been that way since day one. Early on Marines have a slight edge but can be easily overwhelmed now do to the buffs grunts have since received.

Tank vs Tank, given the buffs across all tanks they are fairly even now, Banished may have less hp but we have a sheild on outs that does regenerate, which makes up half our tanks health.

Condor vs Scarab, the Scarab has always won this fight, a single scarab can fight 2 condors and still win if need be. The Condor has much lower dps and hp, the only edge it gets in the fight is it Flys and is therefore more mobility.

Heroes yes are fairly balanced as each has a different use.

Banshees vs Hornets, both unupgraded Hornets win, when both are upgraded Banshees win, just like Grunt vs Marines.

Points you did not mention

Anti Infantry, UNSC wins this, we Banished just lack options in this with our Rangers being tech 2 with no upgrades, honestly they should be tech 1 and need upgrades for this field to even out.

Anti vehicle, again UNSC wins as your Cyclops just out preform our Hunters, and when we upgrade we lose mobility.

Artillery, counting Locust as mobile artillery, banished wins as UNSC has nothing like it, and we can fly our normal artillery anywhere giving Banished the mobility and placement edge over UNSC.

One key overlooked point, power dumps. UNSC wins here when it comes to being able to use excess power as unlike Banished UNSC has units that cost more power than supply, allowing you to still build atleast some kind of army when you have tons of power and little supply.

Any points that where missed here or anything someone else wants to add?

They aren’t supposed to be perfectly even. They’re supposed to have a unique set of pros and cons. Banished units all cost less and build quicker is the simplest way to put it.