Banished Shield generator question

Do multiple shield generators overlap and make a stronger shield?

Asking for a friend

I have no idea, been wondering the same. The official guide says nothing in this regard.

Get a buddy and test I wanna know too

Has anyone tested this yet? Currently out of town and wondering haha

> 2533274809201791;1:
> Do multiple shield generators overlap and make a stronger shield?
>
> Asking for a friend

Also what about cloaking, does it make it so revealing units have to get closes to unveil the base?

You have to get near the base to reveal it. At the beginning I was really against detection requiring so much proximity, but after playing lots of games I think it’s better that way.

> 2533274842241950;5:
> > 2533274809201791;1:
> > Do multiple shield generators overlap and make a stronger shield?
> >
> > Asking for a friend
>
> Also what about cloaking, does it make it so revealing units have to get closes to unveil the base?

I accidently built a 2nd Shield Generator in a game yesterday. The shield was much darker. So I assumed they overlapped. But I don’t know, seeing as that base wasn’t attacked. So I don’t know either. I know it helped in Halo Wars.

I tried this with a buddy, he had 4 shields i had one. We had the same tech level and Armory upgrades. Used Scarabs to de-shield bases (was testing if garage upgrades made a difference to Scarabs). There was no noticeable difference between 1 shield and 4, so if there is a difference it’s tiny and probably has huge diminishing returns.

> 2533274803538435;8:
> I tried this with a buddy, he had 4 shields i had one. We had the same tech level and Armory upgrades. Used Scarabs to de-shield bases (was testing if garage upgrades made a difference to Scarabs). There was no noticeable difference between 1 shield and 4, so if there is a difference it’s tiny and probably has huge diminishing returns.

That’s something I was wondering as well.

Do Garage upgrades make a difference to scarabs?

> 2533274801696502;9:
> > 2533274803538435;8:
> > I tried this with a buddy, he had 4 shields i had one. We had the same tech level and Armory upgrades. Used Scarabs to de-shield bases (was testing if garage upgrades made a difference to Scarabs). There was no noticeable difference between 1 shield and 4, so if there is a difference it’s tiny and probably has huge diminishing returns.
>
> That’s something I was wondering as well.
>
> Do Garage upgrades make a difference to scarabs?

Nope. And Barracks have no effect on Hero units either (including Decimus drop). Marines and Scouts are effected by the corresponding buildings however. I’m not sure about ODST now that i think about it.

> 2533274803538435;10:
> > 2533274801696502;9:
> > > 2533274803538435;8:
> > > I tried this with a buddy, he had 4 shields i had one. We had the same tech level and Armory upgrades. Used Scarabs to de-shield bases (was testing if garage upgrades made a difference to Scarabs). There was no noticeable difference between 1 shield and 4, so if there is a difference it’s tiny and probably has huge diminishing returns.
> >
> > That’s something I was wondering as well.
> >
> > Do Garage upgrades make a difference to scarabs?
>
> Nope. And Barracks have no effect on Hero units either (including Decimus drop). Marines and Scouts are effected by the corresponding buildings however. I’m not sure about ODST now that i think about it.

Damn, this whole time I was upgrading the garage just for the scarab.

It’s strange if multiple shields don’t affect the base either, as that’s how they performed in the first game.