Banished in Infinite: Possible Evidence!

So I was browsing Instagram last night and stumbled upon this post from thelegendary117, the bloke who first brought us those wonderful images of all the Toy Fair reveals a few months ago:

Take a look

The image comes from another bloke’s Instagram account who works for Mega Bloks, and has shown off a few of the new Minifigs from the new infinite line NOT seen at the toy fair. So far, it’s just been pictures of the new marines holding the new infinite AR (which look great btw!) but this image is of a Hunter… with red and grey armour…

…And what hunters have we seen previously with this colour scheme? That’s right: the Banished. I know it’s just a Mega Bloks set, and to suggest that a new Banished Hunter figure means that the rogue covenant faction will appear in Infinite, however… the set it’s going to be included with is no other than the Infinite Pelican, including a new Infinite Chief figure AND the new Brohammer figure… very much an Infinite themed set… still, it is just a Mega Bloks set, and not cannon in any way shape or form. Something to think about though!

Man I would love for the Banished to be in Infinite! So much potential if 343 do things right.

I hope they are. The Banished are the perfect blend of familiarity and novelty.

We know the two games are going two be linked somehow, because of the end of Halo Wars 2. Imagine Arbiter vs Atriox!

> 2535425695059869;4:
> We know the two games are going two be linked somehow, because of the end of Halo Wars 2. Imagine Arbiter vs Atriox!

You know what would make that even more awesome? If you played as the Arbiter…

I would like for the banished to be in Halo: Infinite.
(Spoilers)
I assume that is what the ending of Halo Wars 2 meant, but only time will tell.

mega bloks frequently releases sets and figures that both never appear in games and aren’t relevant to games that seem like they’re made for. I’m not saying it won’t happen, and hope they do make an appearence, but I wouldn’t use this as a source and I wouldn’t put all my hopes on them showing up based on this. and as someone pointed out when this became a big topic on twitter, the vulture set had locke in it and there’s no vulture in halo 5 nor is locke in halo wars 2.

> 2533274902304093;5:
> > 2535425695059869;4:
> > We know the two games are going two be linked somehow, because of the end of Halo Wars 2. Imagine Arbiter vs Atriox!
>
> You know what would make that even more awesome? If you played as the Arbiter…

What if…

…this new campaign you could play as multiple different characters; for example The Chief and Arbiter and each character has its own seperate story/playthrough.

Was a little against the idea of the Banished returning after their lackluster performance in Halo Wars 2’s main campaign (holding back or not) but I am open to the idea. The Spartan Field Manual implied they are much bigger than what was scene in the game with a whole lot more influence and they were able to sort of make up for it in the Awakening the Nightmare DLC Campaign. Plus it’s rumored they’re that they’re appearing in Halo Shadows of Reach.

> 2533274889282194;7:
> mega bloks frequently releases sets and figures that both never appear in games and aren’t relevant to games that seem like they’re made for. I’m not saying it won’t happen, and hope they do make an appearence, but I wouldn’t use this as a source and I wouldn’t put all my hopes on them showing up based on this. and as someone pointed out when this became a big topic on twitter, the vulture set had locke in it and there’s no vulture in halo 5 nor is locke in halo wars 2.

I touch upon this in my original post! But as we’ve had absolutely no Infinite news in such a long time, why not wildly speculate on the slightest tid bit we get, even if it is just Mega Bloks! Just for the fun of it!

> 2533274799294694;8:
> > 2533274902304093;5:
> > > 2535425695059869;4:
> > > We know the two games are going two be linked somehow, because of the end of Halo Wars 2. Imagine Arbiter vs Atriox!
> >
> > You know what would make that even more awesome? If you played as the Arbiter…
>
> What if…
>
> …this new campaign you could play as multiple different characters; for example The Chief and Arbiter and each character has its own seperate story/playthrough.

I’d rather a split campaign like Halo 2 where it’s just Arby n the Chief and goes from one to the other. However, in regards to Infinite and what it seems to be doing, what I’d really like is just chief, 100% of the time for the main campaign, then, after release, STORY DLC WHERE YOU PLAY AS OTHER CHARACTERS! It’s what I’ve been wanting for years. Doom Eternal is doing it! (Apparently…) lets see how successful they are!

I would not be that surprised if they had a role to play in Infinite. Why introduce an entire faction and not use them?

If handled correctly, then yes, they could make it work but lets not lose sight that we still have Cortana and the created to deal with… we have two large enemy factions now and lets not loose sight of the fact that the Banished have as much to fear from Cortana as we do. Cortana is making enemies all over the place, especially at the end of Halo 5 and we need to wrap up the Cortana storyline before we deal with the banished. Or we’ll end up with a clunky convoluted mess.

> 2533274902304093;11:
> > 2533274799294694;8:
> > > 2533274902304093;5:
> > > > 2535425695059869;4:
> > > > We know the two games are going two be linked somehow, because of the end of Halo Wars 2. Imagine Arbiter vs Atriox!
> > >
> > > You know what would make that even more awesome? If you played as the Arbiter…
> >
> > What if…
> >
> > …this new campaign you could play as multiple different characters; for example The Chief and Arbiter and each character has its own seperate story/playthrough.
>
> I’d rather a split campaign like Halo 2 where it’s just Arby n the Chief and goes from one to the other. However, in regards to Infinite and what it seems to be doing, what I’d really like is just chief, 100% of the time for the main campaign, then, after release, STORY DLC WHERE YOU PLAY AS OTHER CHARACTERS! It’s what I’ve been wanting for years. Doom Eternal is doing it! (Apparently…) lets see how successful they are!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Definitely this! Would be awesome.

I’m honestly not too familiar with the Banished lore given that I’ve never played the Halo Wars games.

However, if it means that we can fight somebody other than the Prometheans in Infinite, then YES PLEASE.

Prometheans, at least in the Halo 4/5 depiction, simply aren’t a compelling enemy with overly obtuse/grandiose lore, no personality, and homogenous design and coloring.

If the Banished allow for a return to a more diverse, unique, and interesting set of enemies than I’m onboard 100%.